“If you can afford to avoid bedbugs/sand fleas, I recommend you do” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort

Save Saved
You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
“If you can afford to avoid bedbugs/sand fleas, I recommend you do”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this nice hotel for a wedding, with my whole family. The service was very nice, the rooms are large and the location is impossible to beat. However, I am sensitive to bug bites and the first morning I woke up with five large bite marks on my chest. The front desk took my complaint very seriously, upgraded us and we moved rooms. Which tells me they are a good hotel and they have received this complaint before. The second morning I was fine. Then on the third morning I woke up with six or seven small red bite marks on my ankles and legs. My husband never gets bug bites, so he was not bit nor could we corroborate: was it bed bugs? The manager thought the common sand flea was to blame. Impossible to know, but glad we are checking out today and we will be taking the necessry precautions to wash our clothes before dumping them into our laundry pile!

• Stayed February 2014

2,153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Turkish first
Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in early January 2014. The lobby is amazing and miami action all around. Paradise ended when you got to your room…or is should say getting to your room. We were on the 9th floor and there was always one elevator out of service. checking in took 20 minutes to get up stairs. We started using the stairs instead of waiting. I stopped counting after my 10th trip up the stairs. When they fix the elevators and bring the rooms out of the 70's…it may be worth the money. The couch in the room was ripped and dirty.
On the good side, location is great. Help was great. Food was great.
If they renovate the rooms, we may come back

Estepona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here for 1 day and night before getting our cruise . We arrived early afternoon and ourban rooms weren't ready. That was no problem though our cases were taken care of and we sat out on the lovely terrace looking out to sea and enjoying a drink or two. We then had a walk out on to the pier for which there was a small charge, but a member of the hotel staff came along and said because our room was not ready we did not have to pay ( what good service) . When we got to the rooms . They were lovely rooms big comfy beds and all the facilities you couple.d want. We were situated near some good bars and restaurants. Perfect place for a shot stay and a place we would like to return to for a longer holiday.

Puebla, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from january 18th to january 25th 2014 , i traveled with my wife and my bay girl, At first my hotel experience was awful, i arrived very late on saturady night, and although i have sent an email telling them that i need it a crib for my room (charlie) the person to answered me, told me to ask for it when arriving at the hotel. what was my surprise that when I check in house keeping was closed an no one could give me a crib and they did not had any records of me asking for it in advanced. The Lady who was at the front desk very rude did not help me at all and di not give any apologies she then give me the loudest room that i have ever been to. it was a room for incapacity people, the bathroom was old , the tv set was 15 years old. awful, the next morning i went to the fornt desk to complain , and mrs ROSSIE treat me like a real customer and give me an apologize and change my room from the 4th floor to the first giving me room 207, Thanks Rossie you made my stayed a very pleasant one. ask for rooms in the first floor.

Room Tip: ask for rooms in the first floor, room 207 is a very pleasant room with no noise at all and very nea...
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at Newport Beachside Hotel for my birthday in August and it was one of the best birthdays ever. The staff knew I was celebrating my 30th b-day and they made me feel special all weekend. I even had a birthday dinner in the hotels restaurant and received a complimentary bottle of champagne. I am not sure if they do this with all their guest but I sure felt special all weekend. The only downside was there was a lot of commotion and traffic in the lobby area but i guess that speaks volumes on how popular they are. I will definitely be visiting this hotel again. :-)

Room Tip: Any room with an ocean view is a perfect choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stay at the Newport 6+ weeks throughout the year and have been doing this for several years. To us their property is beautiful, their service is exceptional and the value offered is perfect. Front desk and customer service staff are always responsive and polite. We are planning an additional 2 week stay to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this coming fall. I told my wife I would take her anywhere in the world. She wants to be at the Newport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a time share week at the Newport resort in Sunny Isles beach in Miami. The good things first: could not have asked for a more beautiful view of the ocean from our 8th floor balcony. The conseirge was very friendly and helpful, especially regarding tips on local restraurants. She recommended Texas de Brazil which was a real treat. The staff providing service to the rooms were always available and accommodating. The valet service was one of the best we've ever experienced. It cost $20.00 a day but was well worth it.

Now for the cons: we arrived 3 hours early and were given our room but charged an additional $25.00, not sure why this was necessary as we've been early at hotels in the past but never charged extra. The restraurant in the resort was just ok. In the mornings, we got our coffee at the small snack bar in the lobby, they served starbucks coffee. A coffee maker was available in the room (it made horrible coffee) but we had to ask for it along with a request for dishes and cups. This is a time share and these things are usually already in the room without having to ask for them.
The elevators were a big problem, one was always broken and the other two very slow.
Our room was old and tired. The carpet was torn, there wasn't a comfortable place to sit other the the bed, the sofa had seen better days. It was almost painful to sit on; you could feel the metal frame. There were some very attractive, modern rooms, recently rehabbed I guess, couldn't help but wonder if those were intentionally made unavailable to "time share" guests. All in all, I don't think we would stay there again unless we were guaranted one of the newer rooms and that the elevators were all working.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room but you'll be charged an additional $30.00 a day.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!