“Incredible service” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Miami, Florida
“Incredible service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at Newport Beachside Hotel for my birthday in August and it was one of the best birthdays ever. The staff knew I was celebrating my 30th b-day and they made me feel special all weekend. I even had a birthday dinner in the hotels restaurant and received a complimentary bottle of champagne. I am not sure if they do this with all their guest but I sure felt special all weekend. The only downside was there was a lot of commotion and traffic in the lobby area but i guess that speaks volumes on how popular they are. I will definitely be visiting this hotel again. :-)

Room Tip: Any room with an ocean view is a perfect choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stay at the Newport 6+ weeks throughout the year and have been doing this for several years. To us their property is beautiful, their service is exceptional and the value offered is perfect. Front desk and customer service staff are always responsive and polite. We are planning an additional 2 week stay to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this coming fall. I told my wife I would take her anywhere in the world. She wants to be at the Newport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a time share week at the Newport resort in Sunny Isles beach in Miami. The good things first: could not have asked for a more beautiful view of the ocean from our 8th floor balcony. The conseirge was very friendly and helpful, especially regarding tips on local restraurants. She recommended Texas de Brazil which was a real treat. The staff providing service to the rooms were always available and accommodating. The valet service was one of the best we've ever experienced. It cost $20.00 a day but was well worth it.

Now for the cons: we arrived 3 hours early and were given our room but charged an additional $25.00, not sure why this was necessary as we've been early at hotels in the past but never charged extra. The restraurant in the resort was just ok. In the mornings, we got our coffee at the small snack bar in the lobby, they served starbucks coffee. A coffee maker was available in the room (it made horrible coffee) but we had to ask for it along with a request for dishes and cups. This is a time share and these things are usually already in the room without having to ask for them.
The elevators were a big problem, one was always broken and the other two very slow.
Our room was old and tired. The carpet was torn, there wasn't a comfortable place to sit other the the bed, the sofa had seen better days. It was almost painful to sit on; you could feel the metal frame. There were some very attractive, modern rooms, recently rehabbed I guess, couldn't help but wonder if those were intentionally made unavailable to "time share" guests. All in all, I don't think we would stay there again unless we were guaranted one of the newer rooms and that the elevators were all working.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room but you'll be charged an additional $30.00 a day.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I came from NYC to Miami for a week to take a break from the cold weather (even though it wasn't as hot as I thought it was going to be) and I stayed at the Newport Beachside resort. I had the best experience in Miami- Sunny Isles, I was close to main stores and malls and the hotel was beautiful. ALL the staff was so nice and helpful, my room had the best ocean view and the food was outstanding. I can't wait to be back!

• Stayed January 2014
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is located right on the beach which is nice. My room had an ocean view with balcony on 6th floor over looking pool. Room was clean and spacious with separate sitting area. However service was iffy. Had to call 5 times to get a coffee pot delivered, elevators extremely slow, and key didn't work at first. Very crowded and noisy with lots of kids. Staff seemed to hAve challenges with fully booked hotel

Stayed January 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Add to the joy of a special occasion with great food, perfect service, great surroundings and you have an over the top celebration. We went for an engagement party. What we found to be most enjoyable was the friendliness of the staff and the attention they paid to the guests. They did a great job of attending to the wishes of the guests. I found the gentleman preparing the wide variety of omelettes one of the best. The Catering Coordinator, Rezeda, was constantly present asking if there was anything needed. The brunch was varied, very tasty and fresh. Especially the 'Bride & Groom' cupcakes. The weather was also perfect, but I don't think we can credit that to the staff!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our family has been staying at the Newport Beachside Hotel for over 40 years. The staff at the Newport is like family to us. They have treated us well over the years. The pool and beach staff always make sure to provide excellent accommodations for us daily and the outdoor bar/restaurant staff take care of my entire family without any trouble all day long. The pier is a wonderful place to enjoy during the day as well. The balcony views provide a relaxing way to end each day. They are quick to respond to our needs as guests. Over the years we have built many relationships with others who continue to come back every year. The staff goes above and beyond just being courteous when it comes to providing service. It is one of the few remaining hotels anywhere that allows a comfortable ,casual family environment all day and night while also taking care of details and style that one expects from this fantastic hotel. The location is perfect for walking or easy access to shops, movie theatres or night life. We wouldn't think of going anywhere else during our winter break and look forward to maintaining this tradition for another 40 years.
JRBW--Columbus, Ohio

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!