“Very bad housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very bad housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed in August for 5 nights, booked and received a room with kitchen facilities.
The room had a bad smell of rotten carpets, the towels were not changed for 3 days and finally received stained towels, the room was never hoovered,
The hotel has a very good location the receptionists seems busy all the time.
I took one breakfast , one two many, the price is quite expenssive for what they serve.
On my next visit to Miami i will not stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
The Hague, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't expecting too much after reading the reviews here but I was pleasantly surprised. The location first of all is really cool. The beach is really nice and the sea is calm and stunningly beautiful. A big plus is the jetty that can be accessed until late at night ($2 entrance fee) which offers a stunning view on the Sunny Isles skyline, especially during the night. If you're a photographer this is the place to be. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Downside was that ours didn't have a balcony, so spend a few bucks more for a sea view room. The lobby is always crowded but has a pleasant vibe to it. Be prepared though for long waiting times at the elevators especially during check out! time. Pools are nice but in the evening there's nothing to do. Across the street you'll find some restaurants. Avoid Chef Ho - we found it disgusting. All in all we had a great time at Newport and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to have a taste of Miami at an affordable rate.

• Stayed October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was my first trip to this part of Florida. The lobby area is beautiful but the rooms definitely need updating. Our room was ready upon arrival and we had an oceanfront room which was clean but definitely in need of updating. The bed was comfortable, had plenty of towels and hot water when showering. We were at the end of the hall in which all the rooms down to ours were gutted and in the process of renovation. We were offered another room, but we decided to stay. The workers didn't start until 10:00 or so and stopped about 5:00 - 5:30. It was so quiet at night, we loved it! We didn't hear anyone in the hall, no opening and shutting of doors - it was nice! We loved the pool area, the beach and the food was good at the tiki bar, as well as Kitchen 305. We were with a large group of people and had a better experience than some of the other couples. The staff was ok - could have been more helpful at times and friendlier. We were out and about to different stores and restaurants during our stay in North Miami and wasn't impressed with the people down there. People are definitely not warm and friendly!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I checked into this hotel end of September. The valet guy asked us if we were parking "valet" he pronounced the "t". Reception ladies were very nice. What was scary was the throngs of people running thru the lobby heading for the pool obviously not guests of the hotel. They are loud rude and scarier than a day long at the drivers license bureau. My husband and I are well rounded people we have never come across such a cheap low class crowd at a hotel before. Luckily once you walk into the Spa its a different story. The Spa is great We had a very nice oceanview corner suite with 2 balconies. Expensive for this hotel but it was our escape from the harrowing crowds. The pool area is dreadful with ghetto blasters. Bartenders at tiki hut very nice. Oh yeah the tours pushing the time shares are very annoying bringing in all sorts of creepy people looking for freebies. The restaurant Kitchen 305 was pretty good Our waiter so very sweet. The bar and music after was fun. But again the people attracted to this place are not our cup of tea. We are used to South Beach and nice resorts world wide I guess this hotel needs to decide what type of resort people they want to attract. I guess they have and its not us.

Room Tip: Oceanfront with balcony so worthwhile
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was at the Newport Beachside many times a couple of years ago, until I decided to go somewhere else. The decline of the hotel was pretty obvious: rude staff at the reception, cleaning of the rooms late in the afternon, furniture and equipment getting old and not being replaced....
What a shame, the location is wonderful, the beach is fantastic, but I decided to never come back. Last time I was there there were tours of people trying to be convinced ti buy a time sharing. In exchange of the visit they were allowed to spend the day at the pool. Noisy people, no respectful.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Indiana, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here a year ago and gave the property a less than favorable review. Actually it was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at (you can feel free to read that review and view the photos) However they have a great spa on the property and an expensive restaurant but excellent food. So, I decided to give them another chance (everyone deserves a second chance). They offered to upgrade me because of the prior circumstances and I thanked them.
Upon arrival I pulled up to the door and inquired about self parking from valet (there's not much room to maneuver near the front of the hotel with a car) and as soon as he heard self parking he rudely stated...across the street, with no other instructions. I go across the street (not an easy task in the heavy traffic and street barriers) only to get there and the attendant tell me I had to get a paper from the hotel first in order to park there. I go back to the hotel.
Because of this they gave us another upgrade to an executive suite. Wow, this is a poor rendition of an executive suite. I can post pictures but there was blood all over the curtain in the bedroom (that would be bio-hazardous material) decay in the bathtub and faucets, chipping of marble all over, etc.
The spa was great and restaurant 305 Kitchen however breakfast at the other restaurant was horrible. Cold and stale. The bagels were the only decent item and the coffee wasn't bad. Also a year ago they were re-doing the hot tub area (I think there had been a fire) well, they are still re-doing the area so you can't use any hot tub. And the first elevator still sounds terrible. Really spend a little more and just come here for the spa.

Room Tip: Not sure...ask for a newly remodeled room, maybe that would help
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Our first experience at this hotel came as a family vacation on 2010. When we got to the hotel and waited a long time to get one of the two only elevators in the hotel we exited our floor and immediately saw nothing what was being shown on their website. The carpets had areas where it was unglued, trash in the hallway and very dirty vents. Once we walked in the room we nearly had a heart attack the room was NOTHING at all what the website showed and what I paid for. We reserved a room with two bedrooms and view of the Ocean. We received a room with a wall divider and the second bed was pulled up in the wall behind the sofa, sheets were from the 70's era and the view from the room was of the garage roof. After fighting with Management they can only give us our money back but, that late we couldn't find a decent Hotel in Miami for the vacation so we stayed and recevied free breakfast each day (woohoo!!). To make things worse from the pool we could see the remodeled sections of the hotel and the room we asked for everytime we went into the pool area. I contacted the GM who never wrote back or called back. I then did my research and contacted the owner of the Hotel who offered us a free equal night stay on our next visit the following year in the remodeled wing. On that visit that area the halls were better and the rooms were great with a GREAT view of the pool and ocean. The GM and Management were very helpful. Overall I would give this place between an Average to Good. The first experience ruined a Great report and if we experience what we did the second time around it would have been a Good review. The Hotel has a nice club, GREAT pool and Beach area. Breakfast was better than some hotels. Rooms were dirty even after they were cleaned and had to ask twice to get it cleaned again and many times for towels. You'll definitely enjoy the pool and beach area one of the best once they get the pier fixed it would be even better.

Room Tip: My recommendations are reserve rooms in the remodeled section facing the Ocean or closer to the pool...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!