“Horrible service from staff,who is running the hotel needs training how to choose personal to work with tourists” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort

You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We usually stay every year in that Hotel for a week we own a time share,they improved the rooms but room service and cleaning as well is very poor they have a bunch people from Haiti in the environmental services that they are not train to deal with tourists they do not even speak in English language and to be honest I would prefer not to have my room made when I am staying there, I like to make it my self in order to feel safe ,Service at the beach is AWFUL you pay for a cocktail like 8 bucks and you get a medium plastic cup full of ice, if you were to rent a hut at the beach make sure you have a receipt with you cause the beach manager is going to show up after 1.00 pm WHEN EVERYTHING IS FULL to tell you that that hut is been rented to somebody else he knows, of course a VIP so your money does not work if someone is liking somebody's shoes like it happens to us ,a very disrespectful manager that is going to raise his voice in front of everybody ,VALET PARKING that is another world they only want your money they do not take care of your car they are always running back and forth they broke my car handle and guess what was the answer from the manager that happens to those type of cars do you want me to make the report ,Sir at least give my money back and apologize your self try to be humble and treat people the way you want you to be treated,but the truth they are far to be a Hotel for me is like been in a low class Motel in Hialeah,very noisy place at night people running and yelling in the hallways at 2.00 am in the morning you do not see any security in the surrounding areas people drinking and smoking everywhere,if you are looking for ice be my guest go to the gas station across because the ice makers machines are always broken well is like going to a third country for a vacation and nobody cares Please if you do not believe me visit it and good luck ,be a fighter in order to survive for a week.thanks for your attention .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Husband and I stayed the week through our travel club. Room was spacious and clean with a microwave, refrigerator, bar counter with sink; standing height counter between bed and pull out couch and coffee table; view of the ocean from our side room; deep tub with jets was a plus. The pool was really nice and clean with a seperate kiddy pool and plenty of tables and seating areas around. Tiki bar was open most of day and right beside pool. Pool open til 10pm. Restautant/Bar 306 had great night life and happy hours, especially free drinks for the ladies at certain times. Pier out into Ocean is free for resort guests. Huts right between ocean and resort. Had to pay for parking across street $15 per day. Would definety stay again. Weather was great!

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am an attorney based in New York City. Every year, in late winter, and, like this year, an additional one or two time, I stay in one of the comfortable double suites at this hotel.

Since I often travel with my older mother and two friends, having one area with two bathrooms, including a walk in shower, two bedrooms, a kitchen area and a social area including a Murphy bed makes for a comfortable stay for our group.

The rooms also have terraces which overlook the ocean or the bay and/or the swimming pool which we love to lounge on while we are at the hotel.

The relatively recent addition of the Aveda spa only makes our stay that much more comfortable and enjoyable.

Capping all of this is the attention provided by the staff of the hotel, most especially Michelle Theodule, the front desk manager, who has always been accessible and accommodating to me and my fellow travellers and who assures that our stay at this property is maximized.

Room Tip: Ask for an "oceanfront" or "oceanview" so your terrace/balcony faces the beach...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Upon, arrival at the newport, I was received by a great valet team, specially javier. He was very precise in answering all my concerns with parking and such. Walking into the lobby, I felt like I was in a oasis. Minature palm trees with a nice Caribbean flavor and very customer service oriented personal awaits. I had a little unconvince where I had misplaced one of my many bags, it was thanks to TJ ( Bellman), that I could find it, after that episode I was very agitated and he was pacient enough to calm me down and show me to my room. overall very good service. Pooldeck is beautiful, the beach is crystal clear, and the new peer is to die for. Definately coming back for my next year vacation. I just hope that when I do come back, I can be greated by the four managers that keep this place alive. ( Michelle, michael, jamerson and karla)

• Stayed August 2013
Galveston Island, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is not the place to stay if you want a quiet get-a-way. The property allows locals to come and go and utilize the pool and facilities. It is very tacky to see all the people towing their coolers and such through the lobby. There is LOUD cuban music and people yelling all day and night.

To be fair, the rooms are nice enough - but don't count on taking an afternoon nap!

The restaurant on the premises is pretty good - especially the all-you-can-eat lobster night on Wednesdays.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here - choose a room AWAY from the pool area!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

If were not there on last minute business we would have left. This place is gross. Dirty and old. Don't be fooled by the lobby, which is not so bad. The desk people were rude(of course it is Miami so not surprised there), and unhelpful. The room was not cleaned properly and smelled. If you have ever been to a clean hotel, you would know what I am talking about ,so no need to go on about that. Hallways smelled. Yeah, its on the beach but so what. Find somewhere else. Just trying to spare you disappointment. I would not pay a dime of my own money for one of their rooms. This is a two star hotel at best, at 4 star prices ,located on the beach. If that is what you want then go for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tomah, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The ONLY reason I stayed more than 5 minutes in this hotel was because a family member was getting married and I had a reservation made for me.
This place is a complete nightmare!! Anyone who makes a positive review of this hotel is either being paid to do so or part of the staff. Here is a list of things that made me want to run away:
1. Moldy curtains in our room.
2. Carpet and Paint peeling all over the hotel.
3. Elevator Inspection was EXPIRED! (Thankfully I was on the 3rd floor and never had to go on them!)
4. Water rust on walls.
5. Homeless people allowed to sleep poolside!
6. Staff is Terrible!!
7. Dirty, Dirty, Dirty
8. Noisy, Noisy, Noisy

A $99 room ended up costing me $130 after all of their "fees" and whatever you do, DO NOT loose a pool towel or you'll be charged $10 each! And Valet parking is a JOKE! $20 per day and it can take up to 30 minutes just to get your car when they're busy! Take my advice. Park across the street. Save yourself the headache and it's only $15!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!