First, make sure you PRINT YOU ROOM CONFIRMATION with the type of room, check in time and resort fees etc on it and bring it with you to check in. We were LIED to by the blonde lady with the foreign accent about our reservation. She told us that we booked a pool view room (2nd floor room) not an ocean view room, she told us we couldn't check in until 4- our confirmation said 1500 (3pm) and she told us that we had a $20/nt resort fee- our confirmation said $75 total for 5 nights. She only allowed us to pre check in and assigned a 2nd floor pool view room to us without giving us keys to it. When we came back at 4 I had the confirmation up on my cell phone and my husband managed to get us the ocean view room on the 11th floor. However the resort fee was not corrected and only reduced to 18 a night and of course it was already too late to do anything about the hour we were screwed out of checking in.
Second, BRING WASHCLOTHS. We had 3 washcloths the first day in the room. The next day we had 1, the following day we had 0 washcloths and 0 handtowels. We called to request them. The guy brought us two hand towels, still no washcloths, he said he would come back and he never did. The NEXT night no wash cloths, no handtowels, no towels... we called and called and called them. Finally someone answered and brought us towels, washcloths and handtowels. I got 4 towels and 4 washcloths (for 2 people) and hid the 2 extras so they wouldn't take them all and leave us with none for the rest of our trip.
Lastly, a tip for the resort. It is not costly to replace the weather stripping on the doors that go out to the balconies. This place is losing a lot of money cooling the rooms and the doors not sealing properly due to old flattened weather stripping. My room was warm most of the time because the warm air poured into it from gap all the way around the door. Don't just inspect them to "find" the ones that need new weather stripping. Replace it all with thicker stripping so you can save on your power bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Otel, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach