“Awesome wedding reception and place to stay the night before” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
“Awesome wedding reception and place to stay the night before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place, it was romantic scene above loby looking out to the ocean. The event planner, Pamela Presley, made everything so easy to plan and the wedding day reception was flawless. Stayed in honeymoon suites the night before overlooking ocean with awesome sunrise. A great value for what you get in the wedding package! Includes honeymoon in Orlando or Dominican Republic!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you are looking for a wonderful hotel resort experience The Newport is fantastic!!! We have stayed at the Newport for many years and are never disappointed. The hotel is located on the beach in the heart of Sunny Isles and is a classy, clean and well managed Hotel. The pool area has a poolside bar and towel service. Games and live entertainment is also provided. The front desk is friendly and helpful. The front desk manager, Michelle Theodule is a quality leader. She will always make time for you and give you a VIP treatment. A hotel will function as well as its management and Michelle is an outstanding manager.
We highly recommend The Newport Beachside Hotel for your Miami Beach vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not what you would expect from looking at surrounding hotels. Must building are new construction. It was cute. Hotel 45 years old. Clean rooms. Loved that we each had a bed. Murphy bed was comfortable. Found my to favorite stores in the area. Marshall's and T J Max. Able to take the bus (in front of hotel)to South Beach for fun and tours. Also the bus takes you to the mall. Love it. Hotel right on the beach. That was perfect. A lot of the hotels were says that they were 2 blocks or more away. Just know that this is not South Beach Miami. Able to walk to resturants in the area. Only problem we had was getting on the Internet. I will be back.

Room Tip: Don't need to rent a car the bus is all you need. Remember you have to pay to park. 2 dollars fo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Room quality worth$99.00 not $220.00 paid for dirty mirrors, damaged furniture, home depot plastic paint stained balcony furniture, glass of balcony dirty, towels in room raggedy, elevators outdated laminated imitation wood too small not enough for luggage and people my kids had to take the stairs 10 flights. First room people in balcony smoking pot.I changed rooms higher floor same room problems encountered. Pool area esthetics poor need to pressure clean add some landscaping, remove rust stained beams area needs major renovation. The gym facility to small not enough equipment. Positive qualities noted comfortable bed , nice beach and pier, friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

June 22nd 2013
Celebrated my wife's 40th Birthday Celebration at the North Side Pool Deck of the resort. Catering manager Abby Echevarria did a fantastic job of getting me the best price, venue and she made sure I was provided with anything I requested for and during our event. The staff was fantastic and the celebration went on without a hitch. The Spa at the Newport is great and recommend a couples massage session. The rooms are nice, clean and updated.

The only negative review I have are the valet parking and the elevator situation.
Both were not good although it was attributed to 6 events going on at the Newport that night which goes to show you how much business the Hotel can have on any given weekend.

I would definitely stay there again and I would most certainly host another event at the location.

Abby Echevarria-Catering Manager
Look her up so you next scheduled event is a success.

Room Tip: If you can't get a ocean view room the rooms with split view of city and ocean are almost as goo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Washington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed in 1101 (2 beds with ocean view) which was OK as far as the decor and size. The room was old fashioned and the size was pretty tight. There was a king bed and a wall bed (the first time I've seen one). The wall bed needed some new linens but housekeeping was quick to respond. Our TV stopped working a few times but it would come on after a while. As far as the location, it's about 20mins away from South Beach, which wasn't that bad but if you don't plan to rent a car or take public transportation, this wouldn't be a great place for you if you rather stay near the action in SoBe. This area is more quiet and relaxed which is kind of what I wanted since I brought my kids. My kids loved the pool and the beach which is right off the pool. Best part about this hotel is the newly built pier right on the property. I was told it is the only one in Miami Beach. Other than I rate this hotel average because of the location, size of the room, and decor but the view, beach, and pier made it nice. I probably wouldn't stay here again because it was a bit far from where I normally stay in Miami but it wasn't that bad that I wouldn't recommend it....just not to somebody looking for luxury. They are in the process of renovating the rooms and the one I seen was really nice but the size was still the same.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the very sunny! It's nothing like watching the sunset too.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

On Friday June 21, 2013 we celebrated our pastor 20th Anniversary at this hotel.
It was awesome,amazing and Pamela Pressley(catering mgr.) was PRICELESS!!!
Meeting her the first time was as if I had ran into a long time friend. She was so professional yet just as personal too.
Always available, return calls promptly, and what ever was needed prior and after our Blessed and Favored Ball it was address above our expectation!!!.Along with Pamela Pressley there was Vladimir Michel ( 305 Kitchen mgr., I called them the Dynamic Duo). Vladimir is extremely VALUABLE to this hotel!!!! So likeable,personal,and of course very professional. HE IS THE MAN.(Thanks the food was hot and very good) even though Vladimir had another hugh event the next day , you wouldn't know it because he was so attentive to our ball. We had over 220 attendees, (WHO IS STILL RAVING OVER THE HOTEL AND EVENT) I witness him handle our affair so smooth, calm and dead on point, If your thinking about having an event and want to be directly on the ocean please consider this hotel and ask for the Dynamic Duo.
I'm definitely not going to forget about Marvelous Michelle Theodule front desk manager. She got us into our beautiful and modern room without missing a beat , believe me it was pretty busy this past weekend and she kept that smile.They all multi task, in turn ,this is valuable to this hotel and their guests. We also had the pleasure of working with Paul Texiera with our set-up, and Alba Solano in the ballroom. They gave us Superb Service!! while I was there I did enjoyed the spa. Had a facial with Gitka, and a massage with Lulu(Luz). I will request both of them again.The Newport Beachside Resort will be on my You Gotta Stay There List. THANKS PAM, VLADIMIR, AND MICHELLE FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE EVENT.

Room Tip: try the even side rooms above 7th floor. you get the ocean view along with a pool view. Now rooms 2...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!