“Very nice stay, worth of your money” 4 of 5 stars

You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice stay, worth of your money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days and enjoyed our stay here. The location is perfect and this hotel lies between south beach and ft. Lauderdale. Oleta national park is close and you can get buses to go downtown or south beach. We liked the service, food and lobster night in restaurent.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have stayed at the Newport Beach Hotel before and have had rooms that ranged from creepily old to nicely refurbished. It is always a surprise to see which caliber of room we will get. What has not been a surprise before is whether we get our room or not. Here is what happened to us most recently--- We booked our room and paid in advance in December for a March arrival. We arrive the day of our reservation, paid receipt in hand only to be told by the clerk at the front desk that our reservation is on hold in the system and the hotel is overbooked. They are totally full! They have a room for us at the Marco Polo several miles up the road. I happen to know that the Marco Polo is an inferior hotel. And at any rate, I did not book and pre-pay for the Marco Polo. I booked and pre-paid for the Newport Beach. And I paid for the room so it is my room... Whether I use it or not. After some back and forth where I finally told them to set up beds in the hotel lobby that they finally, miraculously, found us a room at the Newport Beach. Never ever again will I stay at this hotel. They seem to have a bait and switch policy where they accept your money and then downgrade you to a cheaper room somewhere else. This sounds like a scam or consumer fraud.

Room Tip: Demand a refurbished room, don't accept being shuttled to a cheaper hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation in Miami last week and we stayed at the Newport. The hotel is on the north end of the barrier island, which suited our needs just fine. There was easy access to Aventura Mall (2nd largest in Florida), South Beach, Biscayne Bay, Bayside Market (shops, boating, taverns etc), and downtown Miami via the bus system. Our bedroom suite overlooking the pool gave us a wonderful view of the aqua blue ocean and the sounds of waves as we sat on our balcony. Breakfast buffet and the morning paper came with the room. The buffet was plentiful and a good way to start a morning of touring. Housekeeping was excellent and quick; the pool and beach areas were meticulously cleaned everyday. Whether we were swimming in the pool or walking the beach, the Newport staff was always friendly and helpful with suggestions as to what to do that day (Hats off to Monica and Nicole). There is a spa and salon in the basement, which we both used and found outstanding. There is also a small gym area down there available to all guests. They also have a staffed tour desk, that we used, that can book tours for you from the hotel. Obviously there is alot going on in Miami Beach at large and we found the Newport to be a great "home base" for our trip. We would not hesitate to book there again.

Room Tip: Our personal preference was a south side room overlooking the pool and beach area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I took a group to Miami and made the huge mistake of choosing this hotel. The WORST service. I didn't even know it was possible to be treated so poorly. The girl at the front desk was on a stool so low I didn't even know she was there. While wearing a blanket (rather than a blazer) to keep her warm, she expressed her displeasure in assisting me and my friends with her facial expression, rolling her eyes and all. And that's only half of it. It took me 45 minutes to get through to someone on the phone to request additional linen (the phone system sucked) and about an hour and a half to get it. Poor service all round. Will not be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
tybee island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and i really enjoyed our recent stay at newport beachside! I have visited the area a number of times, but since i was bringing my family i decided i wanted nicer accommodations than i had used previously. I had passed the property many times as i walked on the beach, even stopping for a drink at the poolside bar. I have to admit that I booked the room with some anxiety after reading some of the reviews posted on this site.There are many positive but some very negative reviews, well i am happy to say that our stay was very enjoyable! From the moment we pulled up, a valet met us with a helpful hand with our luggage, to the front desk where they seemed very happy to greet and check us in. The room was very nice with 3 flat screen tv's, frig, microwave, and very user friendly safe. The room was a 1 bedroom suite facing the pool.Beds were comfortable and the balcony was a great place to sit and relax. The only thing that was maybe negative was the wait for an elevator, but this was not that big a deal, i mean there were 4 elevators and the traffic was really only heavy early morning.plus when you are on vacation why sweat the small stuff! The price was reasonable, pool was nice, and the staff on the beach very attentive!! Checkout went smooth and the valet who i only spoke to when he carried our bags up remembered where we were visiting from and was very helpful with taking our bags to the car (we were traveling with a 3 mth old) so this was much appreciated. Don't let the negative reviews dissuade, if you want to pay crazy prices the trump tower is located nearby! Newport Beachside is a very nice property and a great place to bring the family!!

Room Tip: we loved our 1 bedroom suite with the pool view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here again and everytime it gets better and better the service the staff the food and lets not forget the drinks one of the best bartender Rhonda out be the pool bar what a gal.....over all great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
North Bergen, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been going to Sunny Isles for many years as my family lives in the area. I had been told that the Newport Beachside Resort had been remodeled and for our next trip, which was for a family wedding, we should all stay there instead of someone's home or in Coral Gables, where the wedding was held.

My brother, my parents and I each booked a room for three nights. We noticed a huge difference between each room. I booked a standard room and my brother and my parents each booked a one bedroom suite. First, as we were checking in, the front desk staff could care less that their job should involve customer service. They didn't try to be cordial or friendly. The bellhop should have been the person who checked us in based on his positive and helpful attitude. When we arrived at our room we encountered a moldy smell, a dirty-looking tub, and old box television, a couch that you sunk down in, etc. I wasn't comfortable leaving anything anywhere because everything just looked and felt disgusting. That night when I visited my brother's room I realized I was in a palace. His room had not seen any renovations since probably the 1980s or before. He had tiled counters with fish, shells, and other ocean pictures on them. The tiles were broken and his microwave and mini-fridge (like ours) looked like it hadn't been cleaned in at least a decade. His room smelled worse than ours did. My parents wound up with an executive suite on the third floor. Their room had been remodeled. They had two flat screen TVs, a new and clean kitchen area, a couch you could sit on and a clean bathroom. We are all very confused as to why there was such a difference in the rooms. When we complained, they offered to move us, but judging by the previous comments here, we figured it wasn't a good idea, so they gave us free breakfast.

There are sales people all over the place here and they likely bring in people who aren't staying at the hotel, so this might explain the very busy lobby and long lines for the elevators. The elevators were terrible. They took extremely long to arrive and I walked up and down from my room on the 8th floor several times after getting frustrated with the wait time. The valet was also was unpredictable. One time the valet took so long to get our car that I showered and dried my hair and made it downstairs before my family left! The front desk never gave us towel cards until one of us went to the beach and had to figure out why we couldn't get towels.

The day we arrived we had to get ready for the rehearsal dinner and when we needed to iron, we realized there was no iron or ironing board. I called right away and asked for them and I was told they'd get it to me right away. A half hour passed and still nothing. I called back and the woman who answered "couldn't believe it" and they sent the iron 10 minutes later. My fiancé had to remind them that we needed an ironing board too. When tried to start ironing, the iron didn't work, and as many people here have mentioned, a manager was nowhere to be found. We had another housekeeping issue when we had to get ready for the wedding, and even though the housekeeping staff was on our floor at 9AM when we left the hotel for breakfast, they didn't clean our room. They chose to clean it at 3:30PM, when my fiancé was in the shower and we needed to leave.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is hard to determine what type of room you will receive (we all booked through different sites, none of us booked directly with the hotel) and the service is poor and unpredictable.

Room Tip: If you get a bad room, be sure to complain. The staff seems to be used to this and they expect you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!