“Not bad for what you pay” 3 of 5 stars

You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Empuriabrava, Spain
“Not bad for what you pay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I used to stay here regularly on business from the U.K. in the Late 80s early 90s when it was the Holiday Inn.
In the 90s They changed the top few floors into time shares and I bought one. and we holidayed here for many years until early 2000s. The decor was always very traditional Florida and quite homely among the impersonal sky scrapers that began to dwarf it. It began to deteriorate after that but if you are going to stay try one of the suites on the upper floors particularly on the sea front..

On the plus side it is an ideal location.midway between South Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Handy for Aventura Mall and Bal Harbour shops and not too far from Sawgrass Mills.Trendy Hollywood Boulevard is only 20 minutes away. Be sure to visit downtown Bayside and a little further Coconut Grove.

Hotel parking is expensive, its cheaper across the road. Also across the road are shopping squares with a variety of shops and restaurants which means you don't have to get the car out every time you leave the hotel unlike many areas on Miami Beach.

We always get a taxi from the airport it saves so much time and hassle arriving and leaving. There are plenty of car rentals nearby and you can settle the family at the hotel while you go for one. It costs a few dollars more for the taxi but you can save that by renting the car a day after you arrive and return it a day before you leave. Because of the location you can manage without a car for a day or two.

Room Tip: Corner suites looking over the Ocean and the pool area on the top few floors are best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

just got back from an amazing girls getaway in miami. leading up and planning the trip was a doozy -- trying to please 8 girls is just asking for trouble, however stumbling upon newport beachside hotel was a pleasant surprise! the price was right, it had every requirement that each girl wanted and did i say the price was right, it was the best hotel out of all the other possibilites we had found in the area. arriving at the hotel and checking in was a breeze, they made sure we got rooms next to each other. the views are so pretty. the pool and beach was where we spent most of the time at. the spa was great about fitting us all in for treatments, so relaxing -- to me it's not a vacation unless a massage is included! however, as much as i liked all of the above, i was really surprised about the in house restaurant, kitchen305 -- they had so many great specials even better ones for us ladies. i'm talking drink and food and entertainment too! the sad part was we left on a wednesday which is when they have an all-you-can-eat lobster special, but no worries i will be back there for sure!

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been searching for hotels with great deals, and i came across this one the Newport beach side hotel,and this particular place caught my attention with there prices,so I arrived at this hotel around 2 pm and saw this beautiful lobby. My impression was fascinated at the start of my vacation , and the check in policy was great, my room was ready the lady at the front desk was very polite and professional. The bellman took my bags to my room, and he was telling me about all the insight of the hotel, and what the room was consist of. His customer service was excellent.I had a renovated ocean view room with a plasma tv. oak wood dressers, and a king side bed, the room was beautiful. I walked around the hotel when i got settled in and i saw the dining areas, the pool/bar/beach was honestly very clean and there was alot of families in the beach/pool side. I went to the bar and everyone is so polite with great customer service skills.I felt like a VIP Guest. I went to the spa for a massage, and it felt great. The spa there is always busy and the ambiance was amazing. I then ate dinner at kitchen 305 and they had a special that night on Wednesday it was lobster night, and there was so many people there. That place always have specials. This hotel is always busy, and the staff here is what makes this place run. They all are quite amazing... Truth be told my hotel experience was great the check out policy was fast,and efficient, and i had no problems. I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO EVERYONE WHO GOES TO MIAMI. I am DEFINITELY STAYING HERE ALL THE TIME WHEN I COME TO MIAMI.

Room Tip: Which ever room you choose you will have a great stay. But get an ocean view room they are the best...
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I think we all know most people will only write when something goes wrong and complain but I have to say I decided to write because everything went right for us.. from ease of check in to the amazing food and beautiful beach was great.. Waking up to the oceanview was my fave!
Great value and will be back.. the girl at the front desk (forgot her name) even called and made sure we were happy with room .. try the seafood specials while your there..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room in January for a February stay. The website shows a nicely updated room with flat panel tvs and new furnishings. 1984 threw up all over our room. Tiled counters, light colored outdated furniture, full wall mirrors on every wall and very old very small tube tvs that didn't have the best reception. Wifi did not work in our room and sometimes worked in the pool area. We were in the 11th floor with a balcony on the beach and the view was excellent. Our room while outdated, was clean and the housekeeping staff were friendly and did a good job.

Don't bother talking to the concierge- they push timeshares every chance they get which is annoying. The gift shop has a nice assortment of items and decent prices. The tiki bar had average drink prices, with a drink special every day. The food was very good as well. You can get beach and poolside service as well which we used.

You have to pay $15 a day for parking across a very busy street or $20 a day for valet service.

The Starbucks down the road is great and so is the Einsteins bagels. The hotel coffee shop sell Starbucks- it's just brewed hot coffee so we preferred to go down the street to get the real thing. There is a restaurant alled Tony Roma's a couple blocks north of the resort that is very good and I highly recommend their Cadillac Margarita-possibly the best I've ever had!

The pool is super warm but as previously stated the sun goes down early and it gets chilly around noon. The beach also loses sun around 330 in the afternoon from the buildings shadows. The beach is groomed every day and kept very clean. You can rent IMO an overpriced jet ski on the beach as well as your own tiki hut. Everyone has free use of lounge chairs on the beach which is nice.

If you drive north to Hollywood there is a great boardwalk with some nice bar/ restaurants and shops that are family friendly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

On the surface, this is a nice hotel - great pool area, tiki huts, lots of beach chairs, nice looking lobby. Even the rennovated room looks good at first. But then we had a soaked carpet from a leaky air conditioning unit (tons of water damage on the wall etc.). Repeated complaints and repeated robotic "we'll tell engineering to get right on it" replies. Door lock didn't work so housecleaning didn't bother to clean our room until we complained - and then they did a lousy job and came at 5PM when we were changing/showering/relaxing from our day. Rennovated room - very very shabby (carpet is still very old, cheap/poor craftmanship on improvements)

Room Tip: "3rd" floor rooms are actually on the second level. Can be accessed by a nice staircase E...
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Before to pick up this hotel I spend several hours trying to find the best deal for me . Newport hotel got mixture of different revues from bad till great . I am really happy what I choose this one . Location , atmosphere , staff , entertainments and .... absolutely fantastic . I am already looking forward to book this hotel in the nearest future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#2 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,199 reviews
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel M...
#8 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,537 reviews

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!