I used to stay here regularly on business from the U.K. in the Late 80s early 90s when it was the Holiday Inn.
In the 90s They changed the top few floors into time shares and I bought one. and we holidayed here for many years until early 2000s. The decor was always very traditional Florida and quite homely among the impersonal sky scrapers that began to dwarf it. It began to deteriorate after that but if you are going to stay try one of the suites on the upper floors particularly on the sea front..
On the plus side it is an ideal location.midway between South Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Handy for Aventura Mall and Bal Harbour shops and not too far from Sawgrass Mills.Trendy Hollywood Boulevard is only 20 minutes away. Be sure to visit downtown Bayside and a little further Coconut Grove.
Hotel parking is expensive, its cheaper across the road. Also across the road are shopping squares with a variety of shops and restaurants which means you don't have to get the car out every time you leave the hotel unlike many areas on Miami Beach.
We always get a taxi from the airport it saves so much time and hassle arriving and leaving. There are plenty of car rentals nearby and you can settle the family at the hotel while you go for one. It costs a few dollars more for the taxi but you can save that by renting the car a day after you arrive and return it a day before you leave. Because of the location you can manage without a car for a day or two.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside
- Newport Beachside Hotel
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Hotel Miami
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.