“Nice and clean rooms, big pool” 4 of 5 stars

You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Bern, Switzerland
“Nice and clean rooms, big pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel with the family. The rooms are a little bit old, but still very clean and nice, we even had a whirlpool in our room, the kids loved it!
The hotel might be a little bit noisy, depending on the room you will get as there is a big intersection just right in front of the hotel.
Breakfast is great too, but they only offer it for 4 people tops, even if you're a party of five in a room (as we were). When we asked why, the answer was "company policy"... C'mon, people tend to talk about negative points 10 times more than positive ones, so I don't understand why they do that...
Parking is either valet for 20 bucks a day or across the street for 15, just consider that you always have to cross the street, if you don't use valet parking.
Still can recommend this place, but there might be better ones...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Although nothing terrible was wrong with the Beachside, for the price of a room, I expect more. For one thing, it was noisy, both from the parking lot outside my window (though I was on the 6th floor) and from the people in the halls, who had loud parties that the hotel. Someone stinked up the floor with cigarette smoke, and I got a prank call at 2:30 in the morning? The hotel's fault or my bad luck--who knows? One morning I had no hot water in the shower, and the I couldn't find the remote for the TV. Lots of little things added up to a disappointing experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is my 2nd time at the Newport and this by far is the best place ever!! I had such a great time the valet was friendly,front desk staff was wonderful.I called the operator for towels and got them within minutes. The room that I was checked into was just beautiful. This hotel is overall is friendly staff and has a great location!!!! I'll never stay any place else when in Miami.

Room Tip: We checked in a little late but called ahead and spoke to the manager (I believe her name is Michell...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Deerfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I loved the location. There are convenient shops and restaurants. Our room was large with an ocean view and we liked sitting on the balcony. The staff was friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. The beach was clean with plenty of seating provided by the hotel. Free internet was useful as was the microwave and refrigerator

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went here because in-laws bought a time-share. Our first room was not that clean, and had really out-dated fake Art Deco decor. It was beat-up, and the hot water didn't work at first. However, the water got fixed fast after one phone call, and the hotel staff more than made up for the 80's worn-out decor. Almost every single person I had the pleasure to speak with was friendly and helpful. Look out for wonderful Miss Ayishia at the Coconuts Bar poolside--The nicest smile and best service you could possibly ask for. One last thing: I NEVER saw them clean the pool area the whole week we were there. My son and I cleared the hair and palm leaves and trash out of the pool drains one day, and he dove to collect all the plastic cups from the bottom of the pool. Fun for him, kinda gross for me. Beds were the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side have huge traffic noise during high season.
Thornhill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were at the Newport from Dec 29-Jan 6 and had a great time. We had heard mixed reviews so we were nervous. Our first room was very old but we were switched on the second day to a better room. Room was clean, beautiful lobby, pretty good breakfast, great pool that was always warm and the beach is also very nice with free lounge chairs. Lots of other kids to play with. The only negative was that by 12:30 there was no sun at the pool and you had to go to the beach if you wanted sun. Also my 2 boys got stung by jelly fish-so bring some pure aloe in case!

Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is a bit expensive for what you get,but this part of Florida is expensive. The location is good and safe. Lots of restaurants and a few supermarkets are walking distance. The hotel is surrounded by very tall buildings. Lobby seems crowded at times for it's size. Check in was a bit slow since there was only one person and a long line.
Rooms were ok and clean and the beds were comfortable. Pillows were ok as well. No problems with noise during our 4 day stay. I missed the coffee maker but appreciated the refrigerator and microwave. The iron and ironing board were useful too.
Did not try the restaurants. Pool is nice and beach is right next to the hotel.
The gym was not that great. Internet was free and fast.

Room Tip: Stayed at this place for a conference so we had a cheaper rate which still was expensive in my opin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!