“Coconuts Tiki bar and Grill” 4 of 5 stars

You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Hollywood, Florida
“Coconuts Tiki bar and Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I went here for lunch with my bff as part of a Groupon deal. The Food was pretty good, better than I had expected for how busy they were and how small. Our hostess was charming and helpful. the view of the Ocean was spectacular! I really recommend this place for a nice lunch with your friends on a cool summer day over looking the ocean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Boca Raton, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had my wedding at this hotel and I was disgusted by the customer service, especially as a bride to be.

Part of my package included having a ‘honeymoon suite’ for a night. This honeymoon suite was actually an executive room which included a small room with 1 king size bed and a couch. They had a tiny kitchen area but it didn’t include anything except a sink, counter, and refrigerator. When I first checked in the refrigerator was leaking all over the tile in the kitchen and I slipped on the puddle. As a result of the slip my foot jammed into the refrigerator and I hurt myself. I made a complaint to the front desk and they didn’t send anyone up to fix it right away. I waited 3 hours before complaining to the manager, only to wait another hour. Finally, they said nothing was wrong with the refrigerator and left it alone. They reluctantly replaced the refrigerator with another one. But they were so lazy that they didn’t take out the old refrigerator and left both in the already crammed room. The windows were terribly clouded with salt water from the ocean, and I wanted to have the windows cleaned for the photographs that would be taken in the room. They eventually did it with plenty of persuasion, but they didn’t do a good job. The customer service at this hotel is terrible, the parking is unbearable, the ‘resort fee’ is outrageous and I don’t even know what it’s for. Out of all of the hotels in Sunny Isles Beach I would recommend spending your money somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

When we checked we were assured that we would be in a renovated room, but when we got to our room there was major construction going on in all the rooms around me . The room itself was outdated, depressing and dirty. It took me an hour to finally get to talk to the manager. She said that there were no other rooms available to move us to because the Hotel was full. In the morning I asked if there was another room to move to and I was told yes, but by 10:30 am I had a blasting headache from all the constuction and I couldn't check out fast enough! We went to another Hotel where we stayed the rest of our trip. Do not stay here.... The rooms are filty, there is major construction going on and the check in/out process is a nightmare. You will have a headache just from listening to the pounding and banging. They're supposedly renovating the Hotel, but the hallways are still nasty looking and outdated and they told me that the hallways had already been renovated. The only good thing about this Hotel is that it is on the beach. I would rate this Hotel/ Resort * 1.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and go somewhere else !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a fun place with people from all over the world and all walks of life. The staff was amazing and very accomodating. The Wednesday night feature at the in-house restaurant Kitchen 305 was all you can eat lobster. We had to ask them to stop bringing the lobster! Nice accomodations. In the process of updating. Helpful desk staff and incredible bellmen/car valets. You might find prettier, but not much. The services of the individual staff were commendable.

Room Tip: Like many beach hotels, rooms in the higher floors may have a little less street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to this hotel for a wedding in the end of September this year. When we booked the facility the website claimed the hotel was a resort and had all the amenities one would expect from a resort. First of all, the shuttle cost 50 for 2 people from fll and you couldn't pre book it from the resort. They told us we should just call a cab which ended up costing 60 due to construction.

Upon arrival we found out the hot tub was broken and wouldn't be fixed for several weeks. Our rooms were at the level of an old airport hotel that needed a face lift! The sinks in the bathroom leaked from both faucets and flooded everything around it. The housekeepers always forgot to restock the linens and signs were posted we would be charged 10 for each piece of missing linen.

The beach needed help. We found glass in the sand and another guest cut her foot. There was an additional charge for a padded chair or umbrella. The lounge chairs provided were rusting and dirty. You had to unstack them on your own and drag them around. This does not scream resort in my book! The beach towels were very old and falling apart. We were also forced to wear green bands the entire time to enjoy these lovely amenities.

The spa was booked all week due to a living social deal offered to local residents and no appointments were saved for guests. The breakfast buffet was almost 20 and tasted like a school lunch.

We requested a late checkout and were told it would cost us money past noon and there were no additional showers to clean up with after the beach.

The weather was poor and it rained a lot. Not a fault on the resort however they had no other activities for guests and their satellites went out for several hours during football games.

The area was not walkable and had no shopping or restaurants close by. Fast food was it!

The funniest part about all this was the fact they were trying to sell it as a timeshare!! Are you kidding?!? We belong to UVC and all of our secrets and dreams properties are nicer and cheaper!!

I would not recommend this property to anybody!

• Stayed October 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved the location of this resort and the price was right thru travelocity. However had to pay to park ($15 day) across the street (or $20 day to use valet), "had" to pay resort fee ($15 day) for benefits I didn't use as a business traveler, and buffet breakfast with juice came to $17! (I get the same buffet breakfast free in the HiltonHonors family of hotels and MarriottRewards family of hotels too!)

Included in the $15 day resort fee was in-room coffee maker! I arrived at 3:30pm, called down to the front desk for my coffee maker, left my room and returned to call again at 10:15pm! Finally got it delivered. Asked for all decaf and condiments, received 1 decaf, 2 regular and 2 condiment packets. :(

Room Tip: Be sure to request ocean view or partial ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
West Hollywood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I came to Florida for the weekend from Los Angeles to visit some family. Upon arrival the hotel was great everything went smooth at check the staff was very friendly and telling me about all the facilities the pool, spa, restaurants etc. My room was great with a beautiful view felt like I never wanted to leave my balcony. I actually was not planning on spending much time at the hotel because I was there to see my family but It was such a nice atmosphere that my family came to join me at the pool and beach and we made a day of it. Had lunch and drinks on the beach the staff was friendly and great even had games for the kids. I did not have time to go their spa but I did pass by it from the gym and took a peak I will say this wow what a beautiful spa will plan on enjoying that next trip. It was a short trip wish I got to stay longer but all in all the Newport really has a relaxing friendly atmosphere will come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!