“Loved It Here And Plan On Returning Next Year!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Cameron, Oklahoma, United States
“Loved It Here And Plan On Returning Next Year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We did a timeshare tour and got a 4 night beachfront w/balcony and jacuzzi for $399. Unbeatable for the price! We had a beautiful view and because we did the tour we had free breakfast vouchers for our stay. Our room was very beautiful and clean. They came in and cleaned everyday. The first day they came early but after that I guess they realized we weren't really morning people and came around 1 PM. The early morning thing was my fault because I didn't put the Do Not Disturb sign up. The bed was comfy and adequate. The concierge even helped us find what buses to take to get back to the airport so we wouldn't have to pay $55 for the shuttle or $60 for a cab. The breakfast buffet offered alot of choices the eggs weren't great but hotel eggs never really are. They suggested area restaurants and things to do near by. The beach was clean and beautiful. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The room far exceeded my expectations and we had a very relaxing romantic trip! Our room had a microwave and fridge which helped alot because we could make our own sandwiches to take out on the beach. It also saved us of an evening when we got hungry and felt like snacking. If you are flying in take bus from hotel to 41st St. and catch bus "S" going North. That will save you over $50 on a cab and spare you from the rude cabbies! We had a great time and will be returning next year! Thanks Newport for a great vacation and for making it the best trip ever!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $$ for an oceanfront room. It is more than worth it to wake up to the lovely view of...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Met several friends who were staying at this hotel and stayed here for 4 nights. Being my first trip to Florida and with the hotel on the beach, I thought that I was getting a great deal on the room. Now I know why I did.

Room looked clean but the bed had some kind of rubber/plastic pad on it that we removed. The bed was so old that there was a dip in the middle and had to sleep on the edge of the bed.

Called to have a bottle opener delivered to the room. Was told they couldn't bring one to the room but we could take whatever we needed open to the bar and have it opened there.

Wait staff in the restaurant was too busy having conversations with each other in a corner. Only saw our waitress when she took our order and when she brought our food. Had to stop a bus person to ask if we could get drinks.

Asked the front desk the day before we left if we could schedule a shuttle to take us to the airport. We were told we could do that in the morning. Tried to schedule the next morning and was told it had to be 24 hours in advance. The offered no apology for the bad information. We had to take a taxi that was more than twice as expensive as a shuttle. Because the taxi didn't take credit cards I went to the atm to get cash and it was out of service. We stopped at a convenience store to get cash.

I will say that the best part was being on the beach and the bartender at the pool bar was very friendly and helpful. Other than than, our experience at the hotel was not great and we will not be staying there again or recommending it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
lordstown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

you can tell they are re-moldeling, ,had a confusion prob. he said she said. be sure you talk to someone from hotel for pricing and perks!!! the crab special at the 305 is a cold claw we're from the north did not like.but they delivered,

Room Tip: don't expect top of the line, they are in a fix up mood
Winona Lake, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I just spent 5 nights at this hotel. I had a package deal from groupon for our anniversary. I had read the reviews and was pleasantly surprised to find that just asking politely helped everything. We had to wait an extra few minutes at check-in but were happy with our ocean front renovated room. Amazing view! Our room was cleaned every day and while their were a few hiccups ,they ran out of hand towels, we had to ask a couple of times for the wine and strawberries that were part of our deal, nothing was a horrible and we never spoke to anyone but friendly staff. I have been to many spas and this was one of my favorites. Calm and relaxing with professional staff. Overall this was a very pleasant hotel with great valets and seemingly overworked staff. If you just act like a nice person they seem more than willing to help with anything you may need or want.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kirkland, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I would not recommend this hotel at all! We stayed for nearly a week and on two separate nights, the toilet was broken. Each time, they "claimed" they had no one working to come fix it. The first time, they said it was too late. The second time, we called and no one ever came up - called about 40 minutes later and they claimed everyone had left for the night. I asked for another room because I have children and all they offered was a plunger. I asked for a manager and they said they couldn't reach anyone until the next day. Total BS! This hotel sucks. The cleanliness of the rooms is poor and the amenities are dated.

ft.lauderdale,florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I spent last weekend at the Newport Beachside on a package deal that was a fabulous deal.
The Newport is an older Hotel north of trendy South Beach(and yet just a 20 min. straight drive away!).
From what i understand 30% of the rooms have been upgrated(I didn't get one of them) and from what i saw..they look gorgeous!
it is also a timeshare hotel.
the Hotel is right on the beach,and what impressed me most, was the staff.
Everyone from the gal who gives you towels at the pool, the front desk people..Concierge..everyone was welcoming,accomodating and friendly(something you don't often see!)
there is an Aveda Spa where I got a very good massage.The waiting area is lovely with these 'bubble like' light fixtures..the stream room wonderful..(the locker area could use an upgrading though)
The Restaurant was terrific -Kitchen 305. I had delicious Lobster bisque and a Quesedilla made with duck,,,
Nice atmosphere and staff as well.
Even their small boutique store had a lovely selection of Peruvian cotton clothing for men and women,at very reasonable prices..and the coffee shop had great sandwich wraps to go in case you wanted to get something to take to the beach!
I totally enjoyed my stay,and would reccomend it for the Budget traveler.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have to preface this review by noting that I got this hotel online for $49/night. The Newport Hotel is an older resort, set in among a number of newer high-rise condominium buildings. It is easy to access, and has valet parking for $18/day or self-parking (across the street) for $12/day. Check-in was easy and the front-desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was located on the 5th floor and faced north, giving us a partial, side-view of the beach (ocean front rooms are available at a higher cost). We were both excited and disappointed when we arrived in our room. Our excitement stemmed from the size of our room. While we had expected a normal hotel room, we found ourselves in a spacious room with a separate bedroom and living-room type area. The room was equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, and enough drawers and cabinets to practically move in. For our family with three children, this was very exciting. Our disappointment stemmed from the fact that the room did not appear to have been updated since Richard Nixon was in office. The furnishings were horrible, worn art-deco, and the TVs were old, big-box 19" sets. While everything had been cleaned appropriately, the entire room was just old and dingy. The outside amenities were much better, with a decent size pool, small children's pool, bar, playground, and beach chairs (for an extra cost). The beach is very nice. At the end of the day, I would have been disappointed had I paid $120/night for such a old and dated room, but at $49/night I was very pleased to be on the beach with great amenities and plenty of space.

Room Tip: It appeared that the oceanfront rooms had been more recently renovated.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!