I went to Westgate Miami Beach on a really great travel deal for a very good price, and I had never been to the Miami FL area before so I was glad to have what I got and thoroughly enjoyed the experience but ...
What you need to know is ... this property is part of the Westgate chain of hotels/timeshares. It's located on a very beautiful beach and the property is nice. The pool is good and the hotel has most amenities that might be needed, good breakfast! But this property is very obviously an older hotel that is/has been "transformed" into some semblence of a condo type facility. Don't get me wrong, it is clean and very comfortable .. no real complaints here about the facility .. staff was great .. and it's not really a bad location ... but if you are looking for a "Miami experience" this isn't it ... unless you are willing to drive. Also, if you are into nude beaches ... just walk a little way south on the beach and you will see all the nudies you might want to!
This hotel is quite a way from the heart of Miami, really .. although if you don't mind driving and have a rental car it's ok. One benefit to the location is that if you want to visit Fort Lauderdale, this hotel is right in the middle between the two cities and Fort Lauderdale has a really great beach and a really fun "downtown scene" with great beachside eateries etc.
All in all ... I would go to this hotel again if I had a good price ... I really have no complaints about it. If you are looking for a good value in the Miami area it's probably great for you ... there was a mini kitchen, fridge, the room and beds were very comfortable, etc. and there are many great places to eat etc. within walking distance. Also, although I mention the need to "drive" etc. in this review ... I didn't mind the driving .. it was kind of fun and while driving around you find yourself zipping back and forth over the intercoastal waterway and all and it's quite interesting and really a great way to see another part of the world that might be different from where you live. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. so it was very different and neat to see.
And the location is great if you want to visit Lauderdale. But if you want a true "Miami FL" experience .. complete with the night life and South Beach stuff .. you have to be prepared to drive. And STAY UP LATE! I'm only 40 and pretty healthy ... but the Miami scene ... especially South Beach does not even GET STARTED until 11 o'clock or so. We went into Miami one night at 9:30 - ate dinner and started walking around .. and at 11 there were places that were just starting to set up outside tables etc. to get ready for the night. The South Beach scene is really fun .. the art deco and outside bar tables and all are really neat ... but if you stay at Westgate Miami just please understand that it's not IN MIAMI.
All in all ... I have no qualms about recommending this location ... I had a great time .. but I think people need to know that it is not IN MIAMI.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Groupon and getaroom.com so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach