“Lovely Location for a Family Vacation in Miami” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Special Price
15% Off Accommodations
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Lovely Location for a Family Vacation in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

If you are looking for a lovely family location on Miami Beach this is it. This hotel caters to families from all around the globe. The beach is lovely and the food and chair service on the beach is very nice. The staff is very accommodating including the valets, room service and the beach front staff There are two pools: a lagoon pool with a small water fall for family fun and a lap pool for exercising. The rooms are large and comfortable and the bathrooms are luxurious. My favorite is the one bedroom corner sweet with a king bed and a pull out couch in the living roo. This type of room has a full kitchen. The view form most rooms is incredible. On one side you see the sky blue Caribbean and on the other the inter-coastal and the lights of Miami. Sunny Isles is safe and family friendly and a lot calmer then South Beach. When making a reservation be sure to inquire about extra charges. There is a resort fee and a charge for valet parking. The downside of this hotel is the food which is expensive and sub par. It is best to have a car and to stock up at Epicure down Collins Avenue.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. They have the best views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Martha146,

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We will be sure to share these sentiments about our accommodating staff with our all of our team members including Valet, Room Service and the individuals out at the Pool & Beach! We also appreciate and will pass along, your feedback regarding the resort fees and food.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Sunny Isles Beach!

Linda Geyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Turkish first
Rafaela, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Everything was as scheduled, from the valet parking to the housekeeping.
At the Trump they know how to make you feel as a real guest.
The room is so spacious, everything is top quality, and Works well.
The spa is very good, as is the beach and the pool.

Room Tip: romos are all the same, but, as they get higer, the views are better too
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
North Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Front Desk was the worse! One would think paying over $300 per night and $30 a day for parking service would be or should be decent or at least reasonable. NOT!

It took me over a hour to check in because the Front Desk agents were not only rude, but extremely stupid! I got married in May and haven't had the chance to changed my name on my driver license. It was easy to order new credit cards online, however working with patients throughout the week made it impossible for me to go to DMV.

I was unable to use my credit cards because my last name was different from my driver license even though my first name matched.Ridiculous!! My first name is not common at all, a matter of fact I am the only person in the world with my first name, so it is impossible that I would have a driver license with my first name and credit cards with that same first name. Front Desk refused to understand or assisted me in any kind of way. Their demeanors were harsh and rude. I guess they thought I was a criminal.

Fortunately, I was able to transferred funds and paid in cash. I only wanted to use my credit card to earn sky-miles points. Front Desk made check-In a nightmare. Unbelievable!!

The hotel is beautiful! It has an amazing decor from the rooms to the pool area. Super clean and it is located in a great location. Far away from the craziness of South Beach. With that being stated, their service is HORRIBLE!!

Room Tip: Breath-taking views from the ocean suite
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 123nelson,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We understand how frustrating this check-in procedure must have been and for that, we apologize. For our guest's security and protection against fraud, our team members are trained to make sure the credit card in use and the name on the identification provided do match. This is a standard procedure to protect you, our guest.

However, to be met with rude or harsh service is completely unacceptable. We would like to discuss this with you further. Please email us at socialmedia@trumpmiami.com so that we may contact you directly.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were a party of 8 family members. Checking in @ 6 pm, one room at 9th floor, other at 17th w/ a/c broken and wet and smelly carpet, they changed it, but when requested both rooms at the same floor the answer was negative, neither heard any apologize. We are iprefer members and booked through them. The staff member at the pool towels place lasted 10 minutes to find our names in a list to give us 6 of the 8 towels asked. The same person yesterday 06/29 was at the beach and again lasted 10 mins to find our names in a list to give us the towels and chairs, I forgot his name but is an african american man with glasses, not a nice attitude. The rest, bell man, housekeeping, the beach front restaurant personeal were very nice, food too, The planet kids program was fantastic! Pools are awesome, the beach was dirty, but w/ a sand bench and perfect weather that saved the stay. Clean rooms with nice view, the kitchenette out of any utlensils, small fridge full stuck with very pricey items. Add $20 resort fand $30 parking fees daily plus taxes to your bill. As iprefer member we asked for late checkout at least one room, answer negative, my husband talked to the manager and thanks to him we could stay till 1 pm. I would not return. Not what I expected.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Sugarsandlover,

First and foremost, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We have already taken action regarding your comments the pool attendees and we have already adjusted our staff to ensure the cleanliness of the pool and beach areas.

Please know that we do our absolute best to accommodate any and all of our guests requests. However, these are based on availability. We apologize if we were not able to accommodate your request when you arrived.

We do apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. If you would like to discuss these in further detail, please email us at socialmedia@trumpmiami.com.

Should your travels bring you back to Sunny Isles Beach, we do hope you will allow us the opportunity to host you and your family again.

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A lot of people read my reviews....Well, that's because I simply tell the truth. I was very excited about my visit to this hotel. When my husband and I arrived, we were greeted with beautiful smiling faces from the outside checking the car in to at the front desk. Nastassia checked us in. I asked for an upgrade and she immediately looked to see if she could accommodate us. We were upgraded to one of the corner rooms 2814, which has a hot tub on a lovely, peaceful patio. I always expect some good and bad in every hotel that we stay in. That's just the way it is...depends on the day and who's working, etc. Upon entering the room I found the room to be very spacious and it looked exactly like what I saw on the website. The room was clean and that's major to me (CLEANLINESS COMES FIRST). Robes, slippers, hot tub, clean, clean,clean white sheets, a lovely bed that made me sleep like a log, refrigerator (stocked, but you're better going to Publix and do your own stocking, microwave..... Thank you Nastassia. We also want to thank Amparo who did a great job in helping us go on a city tour of Miami. She was very pleasant, helpful and patient. I love when people like her make you feel like your are special and that's what she did. I was not at all disappointed with our stay. It was expensive but you get what you pay for. I would have really been complaining if the service didn't match the cost. Had to call the repair man for one small problem and he came right away. Overall, the property is beautiful. Now, it's not a brand new property so yes, you can expect some of the rooms furniture to be scoffed or outdated. (I was reading some of the other reviews and I'm shocked at some of the negative remarks), but it depends on different perceptions. I loved the pool, immediate access to the beach and the exercise room, which has the best equipment I've ever seen in a hotel. I would not have the breakfast buffet (way, way too expensive) and not enough "expensive" stuff to pick from....I mean I was looking for the works....not even "grits" was my husband's complaint. I'm not into negative and try to find the positive side of every negative thought. Breakfast on the outside patio was delightful and the food didn't taste bad, it's just that it was overpriced for what you got. Now, that's just my opinion. So, yes, we decided that the next time we come back to Miami, we will stay in the same place.....I loved that there was a Publix,CVS, nail place, Denny's, McDonalds in walking distance and a mall, (the best) in a short driving distance. No,not me....NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL!

Room Tip: 2814 was a very good room. The higher up the better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cynthia C,

We are so pleased to read your wonderful review regarding your recent stay! Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. All of our team members strive to create sincere, unique and memorable moments for all of our guests and we are thrilled that Nastassia and Amparo did just that for you. We will be sure to share your comments with both of them as well as our entire team.

When you are ready to come visit us again, please be sure to reach out to us directly at socialmedia@trumpmiami.com so we may accommodate you and your husband. And, we promise, next time we'll get him some grits!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is beautifully appointed. For breathtaking views at sunrise and FL afternoon storms, request a balcony room overlooking the ocean. The guest rooms are spacious, well maintained. As long as you return them to the in-room refrigerator before checking out, you can remove all of the Trump supplied drinks and snacks (without being immediately charged) and use the refrigerator.
Naomi's restaurant: Excellent, well-prepared food (we enjoyed breakfasts, lunch and dinners). The waitstaff at top-notch, mature and customer service excellence oriented.

Room Tip: Select a beachside balcony room for breathtaking morning views. During rainy season you may get to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amy G,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed the excellent, well-prepared food at Neomi's and the top-notch waitstaff. We will be sure to share your review with our entire team!

Again, thank you for sharing with us and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Sunny Isles Beach.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have to say that this was the biggest disappointment ever! My issues with Trump Intl started before I even arrived. I called to inquire about canceling. I was told that it was past my three day window and that my deposit was non refundable... No problem I decided to keep the reservation. They cancelled it anyway! A day after I called which happened to be the day before I arrived. Luckily I was able to get it reinstated. Upon arrival I was told that valet parking was mandatory (an extra $30 a day fee). One I made it up to my room the first thing I noticed was the blaring tv and screaming child from the room next door. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from the other room. The room itself is very outdated and there are a lot of things that need repair ( peeling wallpaper, nicks and scratches all over the furniture, mildew on the the bathroom ceiling, cracked and broken tiles, etc). The grounds and pool area is nice especially at night when it is all lit up... That is if you can look past the plastic cups scattered everywhere, floating on the surface of the pool and the dirty towels all over the chairs and the ground. Sleep was impossible with the screaming child next door. We checked out a day early. I will never return to this hotel again. The amount of money they charge is ridiculous for what you receive. For this money you can find a much nicer hotel on Miami Beach. Skip this one

• Stayed June 2014
Dear JSteck92,

We are so disappointed to hear of the issues you endured during your recent visit with us. We apologize as this type of service is not characteristic of the level of service we strive to give at our resort. Please know we have taken your review seriously and alerted our Engineering team to repair all the items you mentioned immediately. We have also adjusted our staff out at the pool and beach to assist with the cleanliness as well.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. If your travels bring you back to Sunny Isles Beach, please reach out to us directly at socialmedia@trumpmiami.com so that we may accommodate you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Thompson Miami Beach
#3 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 596 reviews
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 2,516 reviews
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
#29 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 8,348 reviews
Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!