“Not Disappointed At All” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Special Offer
Summer Vacation in Miami
Savannah, Georgia
“Not Disappointed At All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A lot of people read my reviews....Well, that's because I simply tell the truth. I was very excited about my visit to this hotel. When my husband and I arrived, we were greeted with beautiful smiling faces from the outside checking the car in to at the front desk. Nastassia checked us in. I asked for an upgrade and she immediately looked to see if she could accommodate us. We were upgraded to one of the corner rooms 2814, which has a hot tub on a lovely, peaceful patio. I always expect some good and bad in every hotel that we stay in. That's just the way it is...depends on the day and who's working, etc. Upon entering the room I found the room to be very spacious and it looked exactly like what I saw on the website. The room was clean and that's major to me (CLEANLINESS COMES FIRST). Robes, slippers, hot tub, clean, clean,clean white sheets, a lovely bed that made me sleep like a log, refrigerator (stocked, but you're better going to Publix and do your own stocking, microwave..... Thank you Nastassia. We also want to thank Amparo who did a great job in helping us go on a city tour of Miami. She was very pleasant, helpful and patient. I love when people like her make you feel like your are special and that's what she did. I was not at all disappointed with our stay. It was expensive but you get what you pay for. I would have really been complaining if the service didn't match the cost. Had to call the repair man for one small problem and he came right away. Overall, the property is beautiful. Now, it's not a brand new property so yes, you can expect some of the rooms furniture to be scoffed or outdated. (I was reading some of the other reviews and I'm shocked at some of the negative remarks), but it depends on different perceptions. I loved the pool, immediate access to the beach and the exercise room, which has the best equipment I've ever seen in a hotel. I would not have the breakfast buffet (way, way too expensive) and not enough "expensive" stuff to pick from....I mean I was looking for the works....not even "grits" was my husband's complaint. I'm not into negative and try to find the positive side of every negative thought. Breakfast on the outside patio was delightful and the food didn't taste bad, it's just that it was overpriced for what you got. Now, that's just my opinion. So, yes, we decided that the next time we come back to Miami, we will stay in the same place.....I loved that there was a Publix,CVS, nail place, Denny's, McDonalds in walking distance and a mall, (the best) in a short driving distance. No,not me....NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL!

Room Tip: 2814 was a very good room. The higher up the better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Cynthia C,

We are so pleased to read your wonderful review regarding your recent stay! Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. All of our team members strive to create sincere, unique and memorable moments for all of our guests and we are thrilled that Nastassia and Amparo did just that for you. We will be sure to share your comments with both of them as well as our entire team.

When you are ready to come visit us again, please be sure to reach out to us directly at socialmedia@trumpmiami.com so we may accommodate you and your husband. And, we promise, next time we'll get him some grits!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Linda Geyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is beautifully appointed. For breathtaking views at sunrise and FL afternoon storms, request a balcony room overlooking the ocean. The guest rooms are spacious, well maintained. As long as you return them to the in-room refrigerator before checking out, you can remove all of the Trump supplied drinks and snacks (without being immediately charged) and use the refrigerator.
Naomi's restaurant: Excellent, well-prepared food (we enjoyed breakfasts, lunch and dinners). The waitstaff at top-notch, mature and customer service excellence oriented.

Room Tip: Select a beachside balcony room for breathtaking morning views. During rainy season you may get to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amy G,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed the excellent, well-prepared food at Neomi's and the top-notch waitstaff. We will be sure to share your review with our entire team!

Again, thank you for sharing with us and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Sunny Isles Beach.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have to say that this was the biggest disappointment ever! My issues with Trump Intl started before I even arrived. I called to inquire about canceling. I was told that it was past my three day window and that my deposit was non refundable... No problem I decided to keep the reservation. They cancelled it anyway! A day after I called which happened to be the day before I arrived. Luckily I was able to get it reinstated. Upon arrival I was told that valet parking was mandatory (an extra $30 a day fee). One I made it up to my room the first thing I noticed was the blaring tv and screaming child from the room next door. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from the other room. The room itself is very outdated and there are a lot of things that need repair ( peeling wallpaper, nicks and scratches all over the furniture, mildew on the the bathroom ceiling, cracked and broken tiles, etc). The grounds and pool area is nice especially at night when it is all lit up... That is if you can look past the plastic cups scattered everywhere, floating on the surface of the pool and the dirty towels all over the chairs and the ground. Sleep was impossible with the screaming child next door. We checked out a day early. I will never return to this hotel again. The amount of money they charge is ridiculous for what you receive. For this money you can find a much nicer hotel on Miami Beach. Skip this one

• Stayed June 2014
Dear JSteck92,

We are so disappointed to hear of the issues you endured during your recent visit with us. We apologize as this type of service is not characteristic of the level of service we strive to give at our resort. Please know we have taken your review seriously and alerted our Engineering team to repair all the items you mentioned immediately. We have also adjusted our staff out at the pool and beach to assist with the cleanliness as well.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. If your travels bring you back to Sunny Isles Beach, please reach out to us directly at socialmedia@trumpmiami.com so that we may accommodate you.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was very impressed with the hotel from the website. Upon arrival I have to say that the pictures line up with what they are showing on the web. I was not too impressed with the concierge service. I booked a car in advance for my arrival and they did not have the gps ready in the car and the concierge, Promised to borrow me her personal one for the next day. I thought this was fantastic. So they recovered. Everyone at the hotel was real helpful. Excellent facilities. And I would recommend this place for a stay again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Dino M,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us. While we are disappointed to hear about your dissatisfaction with our concierge service, we are very pleased to hear we recovered by offering the personal GPS for use. We will be sure to pass along your review to all of our team members.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

One bedroom suite is an excellent choice, spacious and ours had bot intracaostal and ocean views. Housekeeping, front desk, pool bar personnel are very friendly and helpful. Towels are clean and soft, so are covers. Cuisine is great no matter if it comes to a burger or salmon with tri-color orzo.

Room Tip: 1605 had both bay views and ocean views with perfectly located balcony. 1009/1 had less bay view. I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear bsipos,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our spacious One Bedroom Suite, cuisine and friendly staff. We will be sure to share excellent review with our team members.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We attended a conference in June at this property. The room itself was well appointed, even including a very nice kitchenette, but the staff was where this hotel truly excelled. The check-in process was quick and painless, and the desk clerk actually had a smile on her face. When we checked in, there were a couple maintenance problems with the room, and someone was there to fix them within minutes of our call. Our servers in the restaurants were always friendly and efficient. And one gentleman (very well dressed in a suit, so I suspect he was part of the management staff) noticed that we were a little lost trying to find our way around (the lobby floor and pool area are a little maze-like) and actually escorted us out to the pool and beach area and showed us around so that we knew where everything was. The pool area, by the way, is gorgeous, a tropical paradise with something new around each corner. The dining area overlooking the beach was a wonderful place to sit and watch the sunset with a drink in hand, and of course, our server was great, too. We would be happy to return to this lovely hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Maledicta,

We were so thrilled to read your recent TripAdvisor review and we appreciate you sharing it with us! Our team members strive to create sincere, unique and memorable moments for all of our guests; we are pleased they made such a fantastic impact on you.

Should you be visiting Sunny Isles Beach in the future, whether for business or pleasure, please be sure to contact us directly so that we may accommodate you for your next visit.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Upon my arrival at the hotel on June 13th, the staff was readily awaiting to assist me in my state that i was in.
I had an injury and am in a metal leg brace that allows me not to bend my knee. They were there with such attentiveness to help me out of the vehicle i arrived in.

They brought me to an area in the lobby that had less traffic with the rest of the guest that were checking in.
They made me aware of all the available restaurants,spa, pool area and access to the beach.

They had a wheelchair readily available for me and went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable.
The staff was amazing and friendly.

Hotel details were beautiful down to the aligator background on the headboard of the bed.
I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends, family and those that have their own business as wifi access and conference room space was also amazing!!!

Room Tip: if you want to wake up facing the ocean, ask for the oceanview rooms. its breathtaking!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!