First I will say that the staff at this hotel are second to none in all my travels. Everyone of them are friendly, courteous, helpful and lovely.
I stayed here Nov 21 - Nov 25 and was not impressed. My brother had rented a Suite on the 9th floor, number 905, and the overpriced Suite left much to be desired. My key card worked maybe 3 times out of the ten in a day. When the key did work, the door latch was sticky, so it always took two hands to open the door, not good when your hands were full. The three times that I went to the beach, each time I was unable to get back into the hotel because my key card did not work. I had to wait for someone to come along to get inside.
The switches on the wall, some worked and some didn't. It provided me with some amusement on a rainy day to play with the switches to see how useless some of them were. The remote for the television was another interesting item, as it also had a mind of its own. Sometimes the power button worked, sometimes it didn't. Majority of the time, the channel button never worked. I actually used the buttons on the television itself to make any selection or power on/off.
The kitchenette was equipped with adequate appliances. The cooking utensils however, left no doubt in my decision not to use them. The pots are non-stick of the lowest quality -- the ones you see a full set for $20.00 at Walmart -- and in the set provided, one had a scorched bottom, one had scratches, 2 of them had questionable white stains (fungus?) . Needless to say, I did not want to use them at all. The Cooking Spoons in the drawer white plastic! Used the dishwasher once, and it flooded. However, Housekeeping was quick to fix that one.
The lobby is underwhelming. The lobby bar is okay. It has no ambiance or atmosphere, and therefore lacks an aura of invitation. I ordered a mango salad and a chicken tempura. The mango salad was a bowl of lettuce with two grape tomatoes, some unidentified blob of orange colour mush and a handful of tiny mango pieces! I expected mango salad of a Thai variety. The tempura was yet another singular experience. The chicken tempura was a sliver of chicken coated two inches thick with tempura batter. My tempura arrived lukewarm and mushy. Not hot and crispy as expected.
As a beach resort, it is okay as well. It doesn't have any activities to offer. The beach itself is pretty, but there is a lot of jelly fish. Also, I rarely saw a lifeguard around.
As a resort, it should have a shuttle service to and from the hotel, and to nearby shops and restaurants.
Overall, I give a grade of C+
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, Trump International Beach Resort is an oceanfront oasis, complete with its own private and pristine beach and delightful grotto-style pool complex. A member of Preferred Hotel Group, the Trump International Beach Resort offers 355 oversized guest rooms and suites, each with a private balcony and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Luxurious amenities at Trump International Beach Resort include a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour fitness center, four restaurants and lounges, tennis courts, business center, 22,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting and banquet space, and the ever popular Planet Kids Enviro-Adventures Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Splendia, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Trump Sonesta Beach Resort
- Trump International Sonesta Beach Resort
- Hotel Trump International Beach
- Sonesta Miami
- Trump International Beach Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach