“Fabulous Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
New York City, New York
“Fabulous Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a weekend getaway with my BF and loved it. We checked in late since our flight got in around 10:30 and the service was great, there was someone there to check us in and help us right away. The staff is very helpful and attentive to guest needs.

As far as the pool and beach area go the service for towels and everything else is great. You let them know if you want towels for the beach or pool and if it's for the pool they just give you towels and you can make your way but for the beach they give you a ticket and when you get down to the beach area there is someone there to greet you and ask how many chairs you need and if you need an umbrella or table and they walk with you to find a good spot and then bring the chairs, umbrella, towels & table to you and set everything up. Both days we started at the beach and ended at the pool. Word of advice for those that are more prone to go to the pool get there early because on nice sunny days the chairs fill up pretty fast.

As far as location to different areas go the only place we really went to check out was the south beach/ocean drive area. It's around a 30 min ride by cab which can run you btw $30-$35 depending on how the traffic is. However they do have a free shuttle that goes to that area among other places and you can get a schedule at the front desk.

A couple things you should be aware if is that they charge a $20 resort fee per day which includes use of wireless internet in the room, shuttle etc.... They give you a list upon check in. Also, when dining at restaurants the 18% service charge is already included so remember to check your bill in case you don't wanna over tip. Also, if you've got an early flight out they are happy to hold onto your luggage before you leave the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was a fantastic trip we took from Trump's Doral resort. In comparison the Beach resort was far superior. The staff were fantastic, surroundings immaculate and we couldn't have been treated any better.
The hotel looked wonderful and we will definitely consider staying here again.
Food on the beach was great, big portions and great value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here in april 2013 on a 1 night layover after our Carribean cruise. We booked through hotwire.com and received a rate of $330 per night. We checked in relatively late, approx 10pm. This hotel has mandatory valet parking (no self park), so expect to tack on added costs for valet/parking (approx $30 per night). This property also imposes a resort fee (approx $35 per night).

Ultimately, we were unimpressed. This resort is listed as 4.5 stars. There was no bell-staff in the lobby during our check in. When you walk in you have to drag your luggage up a flight of stairs. Check in went smoothly. elevators were easy to access and generally unoccupied.

Our room was a large sized suite with 2 queen beds. The bath area was quite impressive with a nice shower and a nice bathtub in separate parts of the bathroom. Nice quality toiletries were supplied. Nice plush bathrobes to use and complementary slippers to use as well (these are vacuum sealed, so you arent using someones old house slippers).

The beds were average quality. Very firm, not super comfy but not bad either.

We utilized the room service dining as well. My wife ordered a $20 bagel platter which consists of 1 bagel, 1 small cream cheese, tomatos, smoked salmon, and onions. I ordered the colombian empanadas and a pizza ($10 and $15 respectively). The bagel was a bagel, the empanadas were surprisingly authentic, and the pizza was one of the worst excuses for a pizza imaginable.

One of the best features of this hotel is the balcony. each room has a balcony and ours faced the ocean. Exceptional view.

Overall, I found myself a little disappointed with the lack of a "wow" factor for this hotel. An outgoing and friendly staff for the hotel would have made that difference for me. I'm guessing this property is more impressive if you are staying and utilizing the beach resort. For a layover it was simply meh.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. Our team strives to provide experiences for our guests that are sincere, unique and memorable. It is unfortunate that you did not receive our standard warm welcome from our valet and bellmen. We have shared this information with those departments.

If your travels bring you back to Miami for an elongated stay, please come and enjoy our oceanfront views and the resort amenities our hotel has to offer.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Top ! Make u feel like a super star all the staff is taking care of you and your belongings after all shopping sessions! No need to ask they just deliver to the room.

I like
Jaccuzzi on balcony and easy upgrade. Service are very persolanized and breakfast has super selection. The location is ok but beaches direct access.
I like notes putting on the bed to welcome with sweets

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

VERY GOOD HOTEL, EXCELLENT SERVICE.friendly staff.Special thanks to Avis Watson-Spence reservation agent,Regina Grimner front office and Anparo Valbuena concierge.I would recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed June 2013
Germantown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm here for a week and thus far I've had mixed feelings about this establishment. Let me start with the pros...

- The beach service is outstanding. We've gone to the beach every day and have not been disappointed in the way the servers tended to us, especially, the young blonde lady. The servers were very prompt and friendly, always professional. The one thing I like is that she remembered us the following day, even after servicing so many people. It's a great feeling to know that the staff is very attentive and hospitable. I would have to say that overall I am satisfied with the guys at the umbrella stand. They were very accommodating and helped us find some lounge chairs in the front row. The only issue I have with them is the promptness from yesterday. My husband and I, along with our two kids, stood waiting for awhile while one of the guys was busy chatting with his colleague at the booth but I'm hoping this is just a one time thing and will not occur again.

- The hotel room is absolutely wonderful. It is spacious and clean (if I could emphasize the cleanliness I would)! I am a big time germaphobe and seeing how clean the room is (not a single strand of hair on the bedsheets and the carpet was not sticky at all) made me feel more at ease and comfortable.

Cons...

- Already the first day when we arrived here I was not impressed with the valet service. It continues on to this day (this is my 4th day here). They are very slow and unattentive. Just yesterday when we came downstairs to leave, we found our car parked in the front but no keys. While standing there pregnant with two little kids, we had to wait to get the valet guy's attention to give us our keys. When we returned from dinner, with two kids passed out, we proceeded to exit the car and had to, again, stand there waiting for at least one of the valet guys to come. This time around there were more than one but they were all standing there in the middle of the driveway talking. That is completely ridiculous! I've been to numerous resorts in Florida, the Palms, being one of them and have never experienced such unprofessionalism and unattentiveness from the valet people. Seriously, they need to step it up, be more prompt and attentive!

- The pool service has been atrocious. I was going to complain to the front desk last night but my husband wanted me to give the pool one more try so I'm holding off on complaining. Let's see how today will go. On the first day after we checked in, we went to the pool to chill, which was around 6:00pm. Upon entering the pool area, the section where you would normally receive pool towels was deserted, a sign was posted saying to go to Gili's Bar for towels. We went to Gili's Bar but no one was there. We had to go inside and order food from Neomi's restaurant then carry it out ourselves. Was I upset and disappointed by this? Yes, I was! I did not fly down from MD and paid an exorbitant amount of money to have gotten no service from the pool and have to tend to search around for food for my family! The second day was not pleasant either. After having gone to the beach, we proceeded to the pool for the kids to have some fun. We sat in the lounge chairs between the bar and the pool. I asked my husband to wave down one of the pool servers to order food and drinks. Now I don't know if this is a racist thing or if they just prefer to pick and choose who they want to service. No one, absolutely no one came to service us. My husband stood there waving his arm at a couple of server girls and one of them (the one with long black hair) even saw him but chose to ignore him. I was extremely upset over this mistreatment. I took matter into my own hands and went straight to the bar, which I should not have to do in the beginning!!! After talking to the guy at the bar, we finally got served our food and drinks, which, by the way, for the type of food they were serving, too forever to arrive! On the third day, again after spending time on the beach, we went to the pool, found a couple of lounge chairs near the cabana. Left our belongings there and hit the pool. My husband saw a guy holding some towel covers for the lounge chair and asked him for a couple. He told my husband that those were reserved for other guests and that my husband can go get them himself from the towel booth. Seriously?! I would have expected that guy to offer to grab us some towel covers after he was done with the other guests but he said and did no such thing! Furthermore, he proceeded to move our lounge chairs aside to make room for the other party and put our sandals on the chairs. I'm sorry but this is the germaphobe side of me coming out. Does he not know where people's shoes and sandals have been??? We sit on those lounge chairs, yes, on our butts. You do not put shoes or sandals on places where people sit because you don't know how dirty they are. That was completely disgusting! I'm appalled by the lack of attentiveness and care that the pool staff gave. Not only that but we had a small table between our chairs, while in the pool, we noticed that one of the staff came and took it from us to give it to another guests. Are we to be neglected and discarded like yesterday newspaper? No one bother to come to us to ask us if we needed anything, food, drinks, towels...nothing!!! How is this resort getting the 4 diamonds award when it seems like you can't even get simple basic service at the pool! I am extremely disappointed!!! I avoided the pool yesterday because I did not want to have my relaxing enjoying day ruined by those pool staff but my kids love the pool so, unfortunately, I will have to go there today. I am hoping that today will be a positive change, if not, I don't think I will ever want to come back here. I want my vacation to be relaxing and fun, not stressful and upsetting, filled with huge disappointments.

I have a few more days left at this resort, let's hope things will get better at the pool and valet.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your mid-stay review with us online. Please know, if you are able to reach out to us personally while at the resort, we are able to handle each one of your concerns individually and immediately. We are grateful we had the opportunity to provide you and your family with a complimentary cabana and snacks and hope that it made your day at the pool more memorable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

this hotel is right on the beach we had three rooms booked with balcony facing the ocean the view from the room is spectacular...... it was well worth the price we paid defiantly would recommend for all type of traveler. the only thing I would say would make this place better is if they would provide better service by the pool you have to get out of the pool to order drinks and food even though they have agents standing out there.... loved it would love to go back soon

Room Tip: ocean view with balcony