“Excellent or bad” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
San Diego, California
“Excellent or bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

There were remarkable empoyees whom I met, especially the lady at front desk when I cheked in. She was the best receptionist that I had ever seen,besides spa staff, the waitress at Neomi's restoran were also excellent.

But one of the concierge was bad. She looked at me very very badly. I just asked simple questions. I coudn't believe that she was working as a conciege, was not appropriate.
One lady at front desk who was always irritated,too.

Some swimming pool staff were also bad(not all). I went there to enjoy my vacation, so I was not expected to see their angry, annoying face.

When I was leaving, nobody helped me my bag and didn't even say good by or anything. There were several staff there.

They have such a wonderful facilities, so it was a pity because of some employees.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Ozone Park, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

For the last 2 nights (4/26-4/28) of our honeymoon we decided to stay some place really nice. We had spent 4 nights in Marathon at Tranquility Bay (which was amazing!!! Check out my review). We booked the last 2 nights (Friday & Sat night) at the Trump Beach Resort in Sunny Isles. From the pictures on the internet, we fell in love. When we got there, the front desk hostess was welcoming and informed us that we were on the 5th floor, we asked for a higher floor and she moved us up to the 24th floor. As soon as we got into the room, all we saw was the ocean - it was beautiful! Once we started to unpack and really look around the room/bathroom, we noticed that this must definitely have been an old hotel/condo at one point and that Trump bought it and turned it into his hotel, there were many things in our oceanview room that looked dated and worn and not a luxury room as we had thought when we booked it. The water sprinkler in the bathroom ceiling was broken and hanging out of the ceiling. The toliet kept flushing on its own every 5 mins, we just kept the bathroom door closed to avoid the constant flushing noise. The shower door didn't close properly when we took a shower, causing water to accumulate on the floor. The lobby and the pool area were gorgeous and we did eat breakfast at the restarurant, Neomi's, one morning, which we both thought was very good. We also did a couple's massage at the hotel spa and me being a avid spa patron, I was a bit disappointed in the spa facilities (bathrooms/shower area (looked like a school gym bathroom!), changing room area), I was hoping to be wowed with a luxury experience but didn't get that feeling at all, felt more like I was at the local YMCA or school gym. Las Vegas spas are much more luxurious and I was disappointed we didn't get that same experience. My husband has never been to a spa so he had no idea what he was missing. The massage therapists/spa front desk hostess were excellent. Upon checkout which was Sunday morning, our flight wasn't until 9:00 p.m. so we asked if we could stay in the room longer (we were even willing to pay for half a day), but they said there was no availability. Oh well, we spent the remainder of the day shopping at Aventura Mall down the street. All in all it was a good 2 nights stay; we don't think we would be returning back again, we did check out the St. Regis in Bal Harbor while driving down to South Beach and we are thinking about staying there next time we are in Miami.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor with views of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Upon stepping out of the cab to enter this fantastic resort, my girlfriend's cell phone slipped from her bag into the back seat. We realized as we were checking in, but it was too late. The cab was gone and we had a crumby start to our sorely needed vacation. Luckily the staff was ALL OVER IT! I have never met a more friendly and competent staff in all my travels. In particular, the concierge on duty, Amparo Valbuena was amazing! With her crafty detective work, we were able to find the phone and she even offered to pick it up on her way to work the next day. I've never received such great service. From Mikael at the front desk, to Carlos and Roydel with our bags, to the manager on duty Walleed, the whole staff was concerned and actively engaged to try and help us with our problem. And it wasn't even their fault! Bravo Trump Miami. Bravo.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at Trump this weekend and I have to say I thought it was just an average hotel. The good thing about it was the location. Right on the beach and many things to do around that area. I've stayed at the Westin in Hollywood Beach and it was FAR superior to my experience here. I found the staff to not be very friendly and always looking for a tip for everything. With the $30 parking fee and the resort fee, I felt they should have done more to make my experience memorable. I went downstairs to look for a plastic spoon and was told that I could either walk across the street to CVS to purchase one or room service could bring one up for a fee. I found this ridiculous. The woman finally called one of the restaurants and went to get me one, but was not happy to do so. Any time I asked front desk for anything or the consider they weren't rude, but didn't seem to like their job and wasn't overly friendly. Thursday and Friday nights when I went to walk on the beach there were towels, food and dishes left out. Just looked very unkept and not cared for during evening (not real late, about 9PM). The room was fine and the maid service was nice. Would have liked to have a safe in the room. Noticed that the leather chair in the room had a stain on it and for the price of the weekend, would have expected more. If you are trying to decide where stay, I don't think I'd recommend The Trump.

Room Tip: Pretty views all around.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you are looking for a peaceful place in Florida, near Miami, OK. However, the hotel is 40 minutes far from South Beach or Miami Downtown. The hotel is good, but a little bit old. There is a good sushi bar in the lobby and the view is nice (ask for a good view room). Negative point is the price of the breakfast (30 dollars per person).

Room Tip: Ask for high floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just spent 5 days at this fantastic resort. We have been fortunate to stay at some of the finest resorts in the world and this was one of our favorite properties. Very much an unexpected surprise. We had a suite with panoramic views of the beach, the ocean and the pool. The photo's on the hotel website were very accurate. The service from valet, housekeeping, pool attendants and room service was top notch and consistent the entire week. Anything we needed the entire week the enitre staff was prompt and efficient. All the employees said hello when they made eye contact. Did not meet the General Manager but kudos to them and the team as they set the standard for service! Great Job!

Room Tip: Stayed in suite 1609-1..the views are AMAZING!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We recently spent 4 days at this wonderful hotel just north of Miami Beach. Definitely topnotch--beautiful pools and beach, delicious food, and a staff that is kind, efficient, and makes sure the needs/desires of every guest is met without question. Traveled to South Beach a few times on the local bus, which stops right across from the hotel--a bargain at $2.00! Would definitely go back to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade--we were given one without even having to ask. We faced the intracoastal wat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!