I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of February and really enjoyed my stay.
The main hotel areas such as the lobby, pool, beach and restaurant are all excellent, clean, modern and well maintained.
There always seemed to be plenty of staff about who were always friendly and helpful.
The room we stayed in was on the 6th floor and even though it was a Bayside room we had a partial view of the ocean. Another member of my family was staying on the 28th floor and had an amazing view.
The room itself was large, bright and clean with a seating area and a kitchenette which had a fridge, sink, coffee machine and a microwave.
The bathroom was a good size with a separate shower and bath.
I did feel as though there were a few things that needed fixing, such as the lock on the patio door which didn't lock during our stay even though someone apparently came to fix it whilst we were out.
The toilet roll holder was broken and hanging off the wall and the shower needed re-sealing and the drains cleaning out, but as we weren't in our room much during our stay we didn't mention them.
The main plus for the hotel is the beach. It was clean and well patrolled with staff all day. The beach attendants would put out your beds, towels and parasols as soon as you got there.
Another service I used a lot was the free shuttle to Aventura Mall, this drops off and picks up a few times a day which saves $13 in a cab each way. The shuttle also does stops to Bal Harbour and South Beach. A special mention to the man who drives the shuttle, he was helpful and friendly and even did a special trip there once so we didn't have to take a cab.
This leads me on to the $50 daily resort fee, which is steep! You certainly are paying for all the extras such as the beach attendants, mall shuttle and free wi-fi etc, so if you use all these "added extras" around the hotel, at least you feel like you're getting your monies worth.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Trump International Beach Hotel
- Trump Sonesta Beach Resort
- Trump International Sonesta Beach Resort
- Hotel Trump International Beach
- Sonesta Miami
- Trump Sonesta
- Trump International Beach Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary Mobil 4-star oceanfront resort features its own private and pristine beachfront, plus a delightful grotto-style pool complex with two pools, fountains, waterfalls hot tubs and cabanas. Known as one of the best Miami luxury hotels, Trump Beach Resort in Sunny Isles offers 360 oversized guest rooms and suites, each with a private balcony and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Relax and enjoy Miami, Trump-style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Amex, BookIt.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Trump International Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.