“Great hotel, Gorgeous Beach!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Special Offer
Summer Vacation in Miami
manchester,england
“Great hotel, Gorgeous Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of February and really enjoyed my stay.
The main hotel areas such as the lobby, pool, beach and restaurant are all excellent, clean, modern and well maintained.
There always seemed to be plenty of staff about who were always friendly and helpful.
The room we stayed in was on the 6th floor and even though it was a Bayside room we had a partial view of the ocean. Another member of my family was staying on the 28th floor and had an amazing view.
The room itself was large, bright and clean with a seating area and a kitchenette which had a fridge, sink, coffee machine and a microwave.
The bathroom was a good size with a separate shower and bath.
I did feel as though there were a few things that needed fixing, such as the lock on the patio door which didn't lock during our stay even though someone apparently came to fix it whilst we were out.
The toilet roll holder was broken and hanging off the wall and the shower needed re-sealing and the drains cleaning out, but as we weren't in our room much during our stay we didn't mention them.
The main plus for the hotel is the beach. It was clean and well patrolled with staff all day. The beach attendants would put out your beds, towels and parasols as soon as you got there.
Another service I used a lot was the free shuttle to Aventura Mall, this drops off and picks up a few times a day which saves $13 in a cab each way. The shuttle also does stops to Bal Harbour and South Beach. A special mention to the man who drives the shuttle, he was helpful and friendly and even did a special trip there once so we didn't have to take a cab.
This leads me on to the $50 daily resort fee, which is steep! You certainly are paying for all the extras such as the beach attendants, mall shuttle and free wi-fi etc, so if you use all these "added extras" around the hotel, at least you feel like you're getting your monies worth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1,117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Seaside Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights at the Trump International Beach Resort in Sunny Isles Beach Fl. The weather was unusually cool, but we still had a wonderful time exploring the greater Miami area. The place is located about half way between Ft. Lauderdale and South Beach. It is ocean front with a wide beach and is great for people that don't want the noise and hectic atmosphere of SOBE. Across the street from the hotel is a CVS, food store and places to eat. The hotel food was very good, but expensive, as was expected. The staff was professional and attended to our every need. The 1 bedroom suite was beautiful with floor to ceiling windows which overlooked the ocean and bay/intercoastal waterway. The pools were also beautiful. Very comfortable bed. I would highly recommend Trump International.

Room Tip: Spend the money for a suite - the extra space is great. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a bay/i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were coming back from a very stressful experience in an all inclusive in Panama (Wyndham-Playas Blancas) and we found this like an oasis, withs clean beaches to walk, clean waters, nice people, very good client care oriented staff, all together a very comfortable experience. Recommendable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I can't imagine ever being able to afford to stay at this resort if I wasn't on a business trip -- but it is truly stunning.

When I opened the door to my room, I thought there must be some mistake, surely this was some sort of executive suite. The room was enormous, with two large beds, and a large bathroom. There was no mistake, this was an average room. I didn't have a sea view from my balcony, but instead a beautiful view of the lake -- definitely nothing to complain about.

The facilities in the hotel are world class, and the staff are always more than happy to help. The food in the hotel was very good, and also good value.

As a guest at the hotel, you get complimentary loungers on the beach (where the staff are again very happy to help) which although isn't as clean as others I've known, it was definitely a good place to spend a few hours.

Since the hotel is technically in Sunny Isles Beach rather than actually Miami, it isn't very close to places like South Beach or Miami itself, I had no desire to leave and wasn't worried.

If you can stay here, do -- it's incredible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We flew into Miami, and spent one night before driving to the Florida keys. We also made a one night reservation before flying home. The morning of our first nights stay, the water in our room went completely out for about 20 minutes. No water at all! I called down, and the. Hotel manager called me back promptly. He was very nice, and offered to comp our next nights stay for us, which we were very happy about. When you stay at a hotel at this level, you expect them to take care of you if there is a problem, which they did.
Our junior suite was very nice, clean, and had a great bathroom with lots of towels in it. The view from our balcony was magnificent. The only thing we did not like was they only had one restaurant open, so we went across the street to eat. There are tons of restaurants in the area so no big deal.

Room Tip: Junior suite was very spacious and clean. There is water on all sides of the hotel, so even on the s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is now my third stay in the Oceanpoint. I am sure there are far better options, but I like the place. It gives me enough anonymity yet also feel welcome. It has a prime beach location, a small but decent pool and some jacuzzi-ish pools around the main pool. I can see that at busy tourist times the place can get crowded and staff might have difficulties satisfying guests, because the place aroudn the pool gets cramped - but then again, there's a beach which is large enough for everyone.

The hotel does need some improvements on some issues. I also saw wallpaper in the bathroom peeling off, which looked a bit cheap and dirty. The bathrooms of the suites are certainly not the best and are below the standard of the hotel. I had a bathroom with a large jacuzzi which did not make sense. I don't need a jacuzzi which takes ages (really) to fill and the sound sof the jacuzzi will certainly wake up the whole floor. The jacuzzi was not an added value but rather a nuisance. That can't be right. Also the kithchen, though large and with all amenities, is dated.

For the rest a super place with good folk.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Typical high-rise hotel on Northern Miami Beach. A bit isolated from areas in Miami--So Beach, etc, so plan to stay around hotel for activities. Nice pool for lap swimming. OK spa. Food is quite good, so plan a few meals on property. The beach is clean and well appointed with chairs, towels, etc. Staff is attentive. Front desk staff is not adequate. Couldn't get my bill corrected even though I discussed at length with staff and eventually the front desk manager. Finally gave up and just paid the ~ $90 overage so I could make a flight.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!