This is one beach in FL I find reminds me of the Caribbean ocean colors- very beautiful. Nice stay with few hiccups to be mentioned.
To start- room check in is 4pm- quite late when we disembarked cruise at 8am. No early entry... The pool is beautiful, zero entry area, waterfalls, etc. pool service was excellent with free Popsicles for the kids. The food there was excellent but pricey. (And my 3 kids split one meal). Pool chairs filled up (although we arrived early) later people were not happy to not find places to sit.
Our room was a studio ocean view. Spacious room, but large bare area btwn closet & bed. Beds extremely comfortable & towels luxurious. Kitchenette is mostly empty. 2 glasses is all I think. Kuerig single coffee, two reg coffee- so we asked housekeeping for more. We planned for roll away bed for my son- until we found out they were going to charge $35 per day! Shower was mediocre. Robes & slippers provided although we didn't use. (Marble floors are very cold in kitchenette/bathroom area).
The bathroom was huge. The scale was broken, & the hair dryer is no good (bring one). Toiletries were nice ones from the spa, but just one set in shower.
We decided to hit the store (Walgreens, CVS, & publix not too far). A milk for my 2yr old was $4. stocked up on a few beverages & snacks. We took the family to Denny's - also walking distance- for breakfast. There was a mini bar & snacks in cupboards for purchase-
We did receive a letter from the restaurant chef- 20% off & free bottle of wine- but didn't use it, thinking prob not family friendly.
The spa looks great, kids club was an option, but my kids weren't interested.
Overall, the beach & pool are beautiful, but you do pay for it. (Resort fee too)
They do offer complementary shuttles to certain places. The one we looked into only went back & forth 4 times. Didn't work for us.
Stay again? Maybe? Really beautiful water & pool. Worth it??? Not sure.
Cab ride from port w/o tip= $52
Cab ride to MIA = $55-60
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, Trump International Beach Resort is an oceanfront oasis, complete with its own private and pristine beach and delightful grotto-style pool complex. A member of Preferred Hotel Group, the Trump International Beach Resort offers 355 oversized guest rooms and suites, each with a private balcony and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Luxurious amenities at Trump International Beach Resort include a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour fitness center, four restaurants and lounges, tennis courts, business center, 22,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting and banquet space, and the ever popular Planet Kids Enviro-Adventures Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Trump International Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Trump Sonesta Beach Resort
- Trump International Sonesta Beach Resort
- Hotel Trump International Beach
- Sonesta Miami
- Trump International Beach Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach