“Very nice, but $$$$” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Michigan
“Very nice, but $$$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is one beach in FL I find reminds me of the Caribbean ocean colors- very beautiful. Nice stay with few hiccups to be mentioned.
To start- room check in is 4pm- quite late when we disembarked cruise at 8am. No early entry... The pool is beautiful, zero entry area, waterfalls, etc. pool service was excellent with free Popsicles for the kids. The food there was excellent but pricey. (And my 3 kids split one meal). Pool chairs filled up (although we arrived early) later people were not happy to not find places to sit.
Our room was a studio ocean view. Spacious room, but large bare area btwn closet & bed. Beds extremely comfortable & towels luxurious. Kitchenette is mostly empty. 2 glasses is all I think. Kuerig single coffee, two reg coffee- so we asked housekeeping for more. We planned for roll away bed for my son- until we found out they were going to charge $35 per day! Shower was mediocre. Robes & slippers provided although we didn't use. (Marble floors are very cold in kitchenette/bathroom area).
The bathroom was huge. The scale was broken, & the hair dryer is no good (bring one). Toiletries were nice ones from the spa, but just one set in shower.

We decided to hit the store (Walgreens, CVS, & publix not too far). A milk for my 2yr old was $4. stocked up on a few beverages & snacks. We took the family to Denny's - also walking distance- for breakfast. There was a mini bar & snacks in cupboards for purchase-
We did receive a letter from the restaurant chef- 20% off & free bottle of wine- but didn't use it, thinking prob not family friendly.
The spa looks great, kids club was an option, but my kids weren't interested.
Overall, the beach & pool are beautiful, but you do pay for it. (Resort fee too)
They do offer complementary shuttles to certain places. The one we looked into only went back & forth 4 times. Didn't work for us.

Stay again? Maybe? Really beautiful water & pool. Worth it??? Not sure.

Cab ride from port w/o tip= $52
Cab ride to MIA = $55-60

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed during February 2013. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had an excellent view of the Ocean. The staff was courteous and helpful. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was expensive but the food was very good. We have stayed in other hotels on Sunny Isles that do not compare with Trump. Overall, we absolutely loved the hotel and would return again. Highly recommended!

Wuerzburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Was here for 4 days for a company event in February 2013. I had a massive Suite that felt like it took 5 minutes to get from one side to the other. Great views over the Atlantic, especially in the morning for sunrise around 7am. Staff friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Sea View - I was in 914 and that was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the Trump from Feburary 3rd to the 8th and it was just ok. We were disappointed in the accomdations as with the Trump name one would expect perfection. Beds were comfortable and rooms clean. Meals at the hotel are WAY over priced, so eat somewhere else. The concierge was not that helpful and in fact gave us mis information about the miami city/boat tour which caused problems for us that day. There were better hotels in the area that we would stay at next time. It is also important to note that this hotel reeked of Marijuana! The hallways and especially the elevators smelled really bad. We noticed that about 3 floors below us people were smoking pot off their balcony and the smoke was coming directly into our room. We will likely not stay here again if we return to the area

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor for better views and more peace and quiet
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

our 40th anniversary, needed nice quiet place to unwind.very courteous and quiet place, beach area and swimming facilities are great, good with little things like, providing lemon water and setting for beach .

Room Tip: room with ocean view, great
Granbury, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We arrived at the resort about 20 minutes till 4:00 and was told our room was not ready ( maybe just me, but really?) so we went to the bar, had a drink and returned to check in at 4:00 and checked in. DO NOT expect to get a early check in!

Our room was so, so. I just expected more of a $500 plus room. Outdated furniture and carpet, but the bed was excellent!! Has a kitchenette, but bring plates and utensils because there aren't any. Has a stocked mini bar which is very expensive, but most are at any hotel.

I upgraded to a junior suite ( at a $60.00 charge) and was hesitant about it, because it was on the 26th floor. I wanted to have the full effect of hearing the ocean and frankly, I was apprehensive about being up so high. I am SO glad I did it!!! The view was spectacular and the sound from the ocean was awesome!!! We sat on our patio and enjoyed the beautiful scenery all evening.

I can't rate the pool or beach because we never went there, but it looked very nice.

We ordered in room dining which is high at any hotel. I had the skirt steak on top of mashed potatoes and my husband had garlic shrimp. The first bite of my steak was so salty I had to spit it out, but the rest was ok. Mediocre is all I can say about the food and the cost was $86.00. I would suggest walking to one of the many restaurants close by.

A generic letter, along with our bill was at our door which thanked us for our stay, but informed us there would be no late checkouts allowed. I had a feeling that was going to be the case!!! As I stated above, do not count on early check in or late check out.

Hum, would I stay here again? Maybe, after I checked other places out.

Room Tip: Be sure to spend the extra money for ocean view because it is spectacular!!!!
Evanston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We arrived at this hotel Feb 1, 2013 and checked out Feb 5, 2013

The property is very clean. The bed linens and towels were pristine white. The bathrooms were just okay. The sink was made of plastic and the countertop, althoug granite, it was an ugly, cheap-looking granite. The faucets were cheap-looking as well. The hairdryer took me twice the time to dry my hair as the one at home. There was a bathroom scale, but non-functioning. If it doesn't work, just remove it from the room or replace it with one that works. The balcony was nice and large with nice patio furniture. Be careful when you book a room here if you want an ocean front view. There is "Ocean view" and "Ocean front." Big difference. If you want ot wake up and easily see the ocean, get the "Ocean view." If you don't mind mostly views of the street and a view of the ocean if you stick your head out a bit, then get the "Ocean view" room. But, I would pay the extra money for the Ocean Front. The pillow-top Serta mattresses were divinely comfy :-) Each room comes with a wet bar with cabinets full of snacks, drinking glasses, wine glasses, and a Keurig coffee maker. They provide the coffee and accessories complimentary. There were two terry-cloth robes with slippers, so that was great. the foyer and bathroom floors are marble, so the slippers are very much appreciated. The decor is nice, not fantastic, but nice. the flat screen tv was pleaseantly big. The room drapes were not completely light-blocking, which would have been nice for mornings when you want to sleep in.

The pool area was very nice. the attendents were very friendly and helpful. This hotel is 30 floors up, one tower, however, there is a property next door called the "Trump Grande" which are condominums and they have access to the hotel pools and ammenities. So, although the pool deck is beautiful, I think it's a bit small for the number of rooms/people it is supposed to accomodate. Get to the pool area as early as possible for a good lounge chair. The pool water was a bit too chilly to enjoy during the winter months.For a 5 star hotel, I think they could afford to turn up the heat a bit during the wintery months. We opted to stay in one of their 3 hot tubs ("spas") to keep warm, but the chlorine content faded my swimsuit, so beware. The poolside menu was delicious and not too over-priced.

The breakfast buffet is way overpriced for what you get. None of the food super high quality nor was it organic. When you get your bill, the price of the buffet is $24, however after they add taxes, gratuity, and fees, it comes out to $30 per person. But, the servers were very friendly and the outdoor seating area was very nice. I think that $22 for the buffet, total with everything, would be a more fair price for what they are offering. The fruit, although not organic, was sweet and seasonal. If you want water, it is served in tiny glasses that are not refilled often enough.

The smell of the hotel is arromatic and lovely. The corridors of the rooms were nice but not great. The good thing was that the layout of the floors to the rooms was designed to reduce noise. Straight, long hallways tend to carry a lot of sound from the elevator, etc. But, Trump International does not have this problem. So, cudos for that :-)

Would I come back to this hotel? I might like to try a different hotel, but from looking at some of the other ones online, this is as good as it gets in Sunny Isles, Fl

Room Tip: Get the Ocean Front Room, not Ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!