We arrived at the resort about 20 minutes till 4:00 and was told our room was not ready ( maybe just me, but really?) so we went to the bar, had a drink and returned to check in at 4:00 and checked in. DO NOT expect to get a early check in!
Our room was so, so. I just expected more of a $500 plus room. Outdated furniture and carpet, but the bed was excellent!! Has a kitchenette, but bring plates and utensils because there aren't any. Has a stocked mini bar which is very expensive, but most are at any hotel.
I upgraded to a junior suite ( at a $60.00 charge) and was hesitant about it, because it was on the 26th floor. I wanted to have the full effect of hearing the ocean and frankly, I was apprehensive about being up so high. I am SO glad I did it!!! The view was spectacular and the sound from the ocean was awesome!!! We sat on our patio and enjoyed the beautiful scenery all evening.
I can't rate the pool or beach because we never went there, but it looked very nice.
We ordered in room dining which is high at any hotel. I had the skirt steak on top of mashed potatoes and my husband had garlic shrimp. The first bite of my steak was so salty I had to spit it out, but the rest was ok. Mediocre is all I can say about the food and the cost was $86.00. I would suggest walking to one of the many restaurants close by.
A generic letter, along with our bill was at our door which thanked us for our stay, but informed us there would be no late checkouts allowed. I had a feeling that was going to be the case!!! As I stated above, do not count on early check in or late check out.
Hum, would I stay here again? Maybe, after I checked other places out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, Trump International Beach Resort is an oceanfront oasis, complete with its own private and pristine beach and delightful grotto-style pool complex. A member of Preferred Hotel Group, the Trump International Beach Resort offers 355 oversized guest rooms and suites, each with a private balcony and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Luxurious amenities at Trump International Beach Resort include a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour fitness center, four restaurants and lounges, tennis courts, business center, 22,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting and banquet space, and the ever popular Planet Kids Enviro-Adventures Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, BookIt.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Trump Sonesta Beach Resort
- Trump International Sonesta Beach Resort
- Hotel Trump International Beach
- Sonesta Miami
- Trump International Beach Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach