We stayed at Trump International Beach Resort and we were well prepared before we left, so we knew exactly what to expect. We booked it on hotwire, so we knew we wouldn't have an ocean view, but we had just moved from The Viceroy downtown and had days and days of rooftop amazing views, so we were totally ok with that. The hotel is definitely out of the hustle and bustle of South Beach and more of a relaxing atmosphere which is exactly what we we wanted. We stopped at the local grocery store and bought a styrofoam cooler and some beer and a few snacks for the room. We had a rental car and were happy with this decision.
We pulled into the hotel and right away had great service. We had a quick check in, bags got up to our room immediately and we assessed the room. No view. Ok, we knew that. But I imagine the rooms that did, they were gorgeous views. Our room was spacious, clean and had a little mini fridge with a bar area on top for our snacks and drinks. The bathroom was great and we had a little balcony that overlooked the little bay water opposite of the ocean (we were the backside of the hotel).
We spent two solid days on the beach and enjoyed every single minute of it. There is a beach chair guy waiting to make you up a nice little area. Umbrellas, chairs, towels. We tipped him and each day was so helpful. We had a cooler of beers and water, but we also ordered a few drinks from them as well. Because these are condos, no one thought twice about our cooler. We did order food on the beach and it was super yummy. The beach was spotless, the water gorgeous and warm and we would for sure go back. We did not spend any time at the pool. We were there strictly for beach and it was rampant with splashing kids, so we keep this in mind.
You will need a car if you want to eat off property. A lot of really great options if you drive a little. We even went into Ft. Lauderdale one night for dinner along the boardwalk. And they have a great little gift shop that we found a few treasures for our kids.
It's a simple hotel. Not huge and expansive. Not a resort. A condo/hotel. If you know that going in, it will be a great place for you. Giving it only a Very Good as compared to Excellent only because of the pool area. If it ever popped up on Hotwire again, we would be thrilled.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Trump International Beach Hotel
- Trump Sonesta Beach Resort
- Trump International Sonesta Beach Resort
- Hotel Trump International Beach
- Sonesta Miami
- Trump Sonesta
- Trump International Beach Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary Mobil 4-star oceanfront resort features its own private and pristine beachfront, plus a delightful grotto-style pool complex with two pools, fountains, waterfalls hot tubs and cabanas. Known as one of the best Miami luxury hotels, Trump Beach Resort in Sunny Isles offers 360 oversized guest rooms and suites, each with a private balcony and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Relax and enjoy Miami, Trump-style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, Amex, BookIt.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Trump International Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.