“Beautiful property with every imaginable ammenity” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Special Offer
Summer Vacation in Miami
los angeles
“Beautiful property with every imaginable ammenity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great staff, great beach, this condo hotel has several restaurants, spa, kids club, tennis courts, several beautiful pools and anything else you could ask for in a resort. No complaints!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

1,116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

The location is perfect for families. Lots of stores supermarkets restaurants ect. Close to downtown and aventura mall. The service you get is definitely not worth what you $$$. Fifty percent of the staff is friendly. Valet is way to expensive for how they treat your car. I spoke to the manager about damage on my car and the manager was very rude and said someone else must have done it elsewhere. We fully inspectioned our car bc it was brand spankin new. We checked it every time we left it. The service by the pool is not worth the price of the food. If u are not eating at your table they will toss your stuff to the side for someone else to sit and by they I mean the managers! They charge like 5 different kinds of taxes when you eat at the resort.

Overall the place is beautiful, the location is perfect, and the rooms are very clean BUT I will definitely look into staying elsewhere next time. I saw a few nice resorts next to this one that I will be checking into for my next family vacation or for all that we spent on food taxes and valet maybe I'll look into the Bahamas and go to an all inclusive resort.

• Stayed July 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Just got back from a quick trip down to Miami with the kids. As a Florida resident with a strong desire to get out of the house for a weekend we saw a deal online for this place where the first night was the temperature of that day plus a few extras like some free drinks and such. Anyway, considering everything else seemed real expensive this gave us a reason to drive down and check it out. As a parent with two younger boys this is written from that perspective.

The hotel was fine as was the deluxe studio oceanview we got. Slightly larger than your standard room at a Hampton inn with two queens. 12th floor was the highest they'd give us but it worked out fine frankly as we spent less time on the elevators and it was high enough to see everything. The hotel was filled with foreigners. Lots of French, German, and some Russian spoken. In fact it seemed most of the staff was foreign as well but most spoke decent enough english. We spent two nights there and were there mainly for the beach and pool. While everyone on here has some complaint about the hotel nobody said anything bad about the pool or beach which sold me. This advice was pretty much spot on.

Pool: I think the visitors are what made this kind of suck, not really anything the hotel did. The pool was borderline hot tub temperature but I'm just assuming it's due to being in Miami and not because it's heated. We really didn't use the pool all that much as it looks cooler in the pictures than it is but overall it's fine. Lots of international tourists here with all sorts of cultural things that took us off guard and made it a little weird. Besides the obvious examples of overweight men in speedos with gold chains, things like people eating their lunch standing in the pool was weird, plus we had the uncomfortable sight of a kid standing on the side of the pool urinating into it. Jeese, I know kids do it but when you see it like that it makes you kind of freak out a bit when you swim in it. Another thing to note is the poolside bar is majorly expensive. Standard fruity drink ran me from $13-15 after all the taxes and tips were added in and they really were pretty weak. They did bring out free popsicles for everyone which was nice.

Beach: Very nice beach, especially the service. They have the folks put out your lounge chair for you and give you towels and even deliver food and drinks out there. Very nice. We usually go to Clearwater on the gulf side and frankly there's nothing good about the Atlantic side by comparison (rougher sand, seaweed) but this is still a fun beach.

Meals: Run away fast. The prices ran us off right away the first morning. The only restaurant open the price was $24 per person for the buffet. Want to go a la carte? Try a $12 bagel on for size. No thanks. We walked to Denny's about a block away. I can't comment on quality.

My tips to the family trying to make this somewhat inexpensive:
- Reminder you're paying a mandatory $30 per day valet fee plus $20 for resort fee. So whatever "deal" you get throw that on there. So in short, this won't be a cheap trip.
- Bring a cooler with drinks in it and clear out the mini bar and throw that in there. You can bring the cooler down to the beach but not the pool. If you want to go super cheap bring milk and some cereal.
- Best place to set up is go down about 930am and get the lounge chairs on the pool deck facing out to the beach. You have a pool behind you, a beach in front of you, a bar to your left, and a hot tub to your right. Not a bad deal.
- We did a side trip to the Everglades for an airboat tour, and then drove up via Kennedy space center which was nice.

My wife thought this trip stunk. I thought it was ok. I guess for the price vs fun it did stink but it wasn't that bad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We are jaded New Yorkers who were blown away by the Trump resort during an early July vacation. Wyatt made it so great was the service. From the housekeepers to the beach guys to alex at the pool restaurant, everyone was truly wonderful. Even the food was good - fresh salads and sushi, etc. room decor was not the best and turndown happens at nine - not a great hour for a family with a young kid. But truly the exceptional level of service made all of hat irrelevant and we would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I took a quick weekend trip (Friday and Saturday night) with my sister and two nephews (20 & 16 yrs). We had problems the moment we walked in. When we arrived there were plenty of Bellmen/hotel porters in front of the hotel but no one offered to help us with our bags. There were two hotel staff members standing at the entrance of the hotel (I thought they were greeters), however no one even acknowledged us when we came in. I've stayed in Miami many times and I've stayed at many resorts and I am always used to hotel staff smiling and saying hello. When we got to the front desk, there was something wrong with their computers so they couldn't give us room keys until later that night. Fortunately for us, we spent quite some time across the street in Tony Roma's so by the time we got back to the hotel the keys were ready. There was also a mixup with the room. When we were escorted upstairs to our room for the first time, there was a family already there standing outside the door. We all had to stand outside while management got everything straightened out. The room was nice but some areas needed TLC. Also the carpet was always damp. At first I thought maybe they shampooed the carpet that morning but it stayed that way the entire weekend. The beach was clean and the pool area was very nice but very crowded during the day. We waited until it was dark to go to the pool area because by then there were only a few people around. The hot tubs at the pool area were amazing. My sister and I were enjoying every minute of the hot tub on our last night until some sort of electrical fire broke out at the hotel bar and everyone had to evacuate the pool area. We requested late check out since we had a night flight back to NY and were lead to believe that our request would be granted only to find out the morning of that they could not accommodate us so we had to scramble to get our things together. My nephews were bored senseless because there was no one around in their age group. This isn't the hotels fault but if you are traveling with teenagers or young adults, just be aware. In addition, there were shuttles going to Aventura Mall and SoBe but we never knew anything about it until someone mentioned it the day we were leaving. Overall, I had an average stay. I thought staying at the Trump meant we would encounter exceptional service but truth be told I've gotten better service at 3 star resorts. If it wasn't for the friendly front desk staff, Hector (who was a server at the beach and a great piece of eye candy) and the Trump Intl. shuttle/limo driver who was incredibly nice and went above and beyond and gave us a nice tour of South Beach, I would have rated my stay a 2.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

First let me start by saying this hotel is definately a 5 star rating... my husband and I stayed here for 3 days and we had a blast!!! Valet was always on point with bring in the car around,check was a breeze and the housekeeper was a really nice who always kept or suite nice and clean and also well stocked with linen.. Sarah Socarrs in guest relations is te best she sent a small portion chocolate cake to our suite for me foe my birthday,because I was in Ma I staying at the Trump for my birthday... Thanks Sarah, so sweet of you.. This hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and different types of foods including Cuban, Latin and Sushi.. Love the Trump Resort.. will be back....

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just attended a conference at this property over the weekend and enjoyed my stay very much. Although some areas of the resort are dated and need some TLC, the staff more than made up for it. Each function we had was wonderful food both presented and served very well. My favorite spot at the resort is Bella Beach Bar. The view is great being on the beach, but Beatrice the hostess was as nice and profesional as I have ever witnesed at any property I have been to; always checking with us and making sure we had everything we needed. I will be back...

Room Tip: There are veiws from whatever side of the hotel you end up in