“Trump Weekend Stay..” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Jacksonville
“Trump Weekend Stay..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

First let me start by saying this hotel is definately a 5 star rating... my husband and I stayed here for 3 days and we had a blast!!! Valet was always on point with bring in the car around,check was a breeze and the housekeeper was a really nice who always kept or suite nice and clean and also well stocked with linen.. Sarah Socarrs in guest relations is te best she sent a small portion chocolate cake to our suite for me foe my birthday,because I was in Ma I staying at the Trump for my birthday... Thanks Sarah, so sweet of you.. This hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and different types of foods including Cuban, Latin and Sushi.. Love the Trump Resort.. will be back....

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just attended a conference at this property over the weekend and enjoyed my stay very much. Although some areas of the resort are dated and need some TLC, the staff more than made up for it. Each function we had was wonderful food both presented and served very well. My favorite spot at the resort is Bella Beach Bar. The view is great being on the beach, but Beatrice the hostess was as nice and profesional as I have ever witnesed at any property I have been to; always checking with us and making sure we had everything we needed. I will be back...

Room Tip: There are veiws from whatever side of the hotel you end up in
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
São Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

When I first booked Trump International Beach Resort, for a holiday trip with my wife and little kid, I could not imagine how amazing my experience could be. First of all, my flight arrived 6 am, and I was able to check-in at 7 am, with a very warming welcome from the hotel staff. I booked a one-bedroom ocean view suite, and it was a huge and clean place, enough for up to 4 to stay. A delicious king bed and tub, a fully-stocked kitchen with 2 housekeeping services a day, and any others you should need. Pool is large with 2 jacuzzis, water was a little cold, but we could handle with it. Service in the pool and beach areas was amazing, and the drinks, delicious. The food, either in the room service or at Naomi's, was great, Valet service was quick and worthy every tip. When choosing a Trump, it's not only a matter of luxury, but you are really choosing the best! And location in Sunny Isles was great, with a lot of attractions in short, but not walking, distances, easy when you rent a car.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Having lived in Miami, service is something you come to NOT expect. I have never been to a hotel in Miami with this level of service,not only are the staff helpful, but friendly and cheery as if they actually enjoy their jobs. Kudos to the person who does the hiring. While you're there, be sure to visit Franz at the bar. Again, a person who really seems to enjoy his job and is interested in you having a good time while you're there. The valet are prompt and courteous, even wanting to help with recomendations for dinner. We had a wonderful hot stone massage at the spa, again, treated like royality. One of the best hot stone massages I've had, by the way. The decor, yes, I agree is not fabulous, but the rooms are clean and great views of the beach.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

When I hear the word Trump, I am thinking top notch, high end accommodations and restaurants. The Trump resort looks like it received it's last update at least 10 years ago. There is just nothing that wows about the place. Elevators are slow, so is the valet. Way too many families with noisy rug rats. Restaurant food is far from great. Healthy or innovative menu options don't exist. The gym is terrible, too small and hardly any free weights. I walked in and right back out.

The room was huge but again, not exiting. Carpet felt somewhat damp, the AC was on 50 and my balcony overlooked noisy Collins Ave.

If you must stay here, for say a company meeting, I recommend 2 nearby restaurants. Hiro Yako San (authentic Japanese food, this is where Miami sushi chefs come to eat) and Miyago (directly across the street and a great value for the prices they charge). If you have a choice, well, don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Ill start out by saying that I stay 150 nights a year in hotels so my view may be different from those that dont stay as much...

This property is really not up to "Trump" standards. Even though this property probably leases his name, it still should maintain a certain high level. Valet staff is everywhere yet you have to go grab someone from their conversations with each other to help you....every single time. Front desk staff was very good but most hotels even poor ones maintain a good front desk. Food was very expensive and staff was average at best. The same can be said of the bar though the staff was a step up from the food group. I had both good and average experience with the room staff... The TV and one phone in the room were not working at check in. I needed to get change for a twenty at 10:30 p.m., the front desk said they could not do it, check with the bar, the bar said they couldn't do it, check with the front desk....never ever seen that before.

On the plus, its not a bad place, a bit old and not overly large but it will do if you somehow get a great rate. The pool was great for kids and the walk to the beach was quick and easy. There are not many pool chairs but the position and spacing were very good and does not have the sardine look that some resorts set up where everyone is all over each other. The only real advantage I see at this place is that across the street you have a huge selection of food, both low and high end and some basic shopping....This is a nice plus if you dont want to eat at the hotel or think that paying $60 for 3 kids meals through room service is a bit excessive.

This week the seaweed was all over the beach and heavy in the water. I dont blame the hotel for this as it can happen anywhere on the water from time to time, however, most resorts will have the seaweed on the shore cleaned up every night...Trump International did not.

Overall this was a disappointment. We were with 6 other families and the consensus was about the same. There are some great properties 10 minutes both north and south of this site that are much better options.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a wonderful time and stay at the Trump International!! My boyfriend and I went for the weekend of June 15th-18th it was our first time in Miami and the staff at the Trump were very kind and helpful. We were always greeted by name and whenever we would come back to the hotel our door of the car were opened for us by the staff. The room was very spacious and clean as well as the bathroom. The balcony was beautiful and had a ocean view which was great. Everyday the rooms were cleaned the towels replaced and the beds were turned down. Whenever we return to Miami this is going to be the hotel that we constantly return to!! The pool was great and large and it was a very nice crowd of people families, couples, and single people who were all kind to each other. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay in Miami!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!