First of all this is our fourth time in this hotel. Why - because it is fundamentally a great hotel and we love it. However, we booked a stay last week and arrived at this hotel in the evening to be told that we are being moved to another hotel as they were overbooked. I was waiting in the parking lot with my 4 year old daughter when my wife who had gone ahead to check in came out to tell me this aggravating news. We had booked an ocean front suite and as mentioned had come here for the fourth time. Here is where, the guys who really should be in charge of customer service and training front office staff but are not come into play. Whilst my wife was being delivered the bad news, I was greeted by the bell boy Jacob who saw me from the driveway and recognized me and came to greet me with a broad welcoming smile. I told him a few minutes later that we were being moved as the hotel was oversold. He went in and said to wait, whilst he went behind the office and then the tide of events started to turn. We knew he went in and told them that we had been regulars through the bad times (when the economy was in bad shape and tourism had dropped) and magically they found a room with the same specs we had booked. Whilst the hotel did offer to moves us to the nearby Trump - we simply wanted to stay in this hotel as we like it and are millionaires who like the casualness of the hotel and want something different from what we experience on business travel. A final word on bellman Jacob that management can take a lesson from - one day whilst getting into our vehicle, the valet who was there when we checked in asked if everything was working out well. I said yes - and his comment was - Jacob told me to take good care of you as you are good people and you spent money in this hotel when the economy was bad! If management reads these reviews - can you find a better example of customer service. Florida should be proud of employees like this guy - they keep the economy humming and people like us coming back. Promote him ASAP to customer relations! You will make more money.
- Also Known As:
- Marenas Hotel
- Marenas Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Le Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Sunny Isles Beach Meridien
- Le Meridien Sunny Isles
- Sunny Isles Beach Le Meridien
- Marenas Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Amex, Otel, EasyToBook, Olotels, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Marenas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.