Excellent location, nice size rooms, good views. That's about all this hotel has going for it.
I just stayed at Marenas with my wife and 3 kids for four days. We arrived a few hours before check-in time. We were told that our room was not ready, but that they would try to have it ready "soon." And that by 4pm,, it would surely be ready. We came back at 4pm and the room was still dirty. The staff at the front desk were not friendly and did not seem at all interested to please.
I decided to stay patient because I really wanted to start off our vacation on a positive note. We end up getting a room a little while later. We arrived at the room and immediately noticed that the room was not clean up to basic hotel standards. It just felt grimy and dusty. Housekeeping simply does not replace items when you run out of them. After day 1, we went through a roll of paper towels. We never saw a paper towel the rest of the trip.
That evening, I requested extra blankets for my kids, so I can set up the very uncomfortable pull-out sofa. It took 3 trips and 2 hours for them to comprehend that I was not asking for someone to help me pull out the sofa; rather all I wanted were extra blankets for my children. They couldn't go to bed for hours until the hotel got a simple request straight.
The Jacuzzi was never hot and the jets were not working at all. The pool, (very small) which was advertised as being heated was rather cold all the time.
I truly feel bad for the staff here. They work extremely long shifts and the hotel is way understaffed. One woman, Joanna seems to be the only one answering calls when you dial in to guest services. Every time I wanted to complain, I bit my tongue because I felt bad for the people working here. I also knew that I would be wasting my breath. I can go on and on about similar instances, but I won't.
The only highlight of Marenas was the beach staff. They were extremely attentive and caring. and always aimed to please.
Plain and simple, this hotel is in dire need of new management. And until then, I will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Marenas Beach Resort & Spa, an all-suite beachfront hotel located in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, midway between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Turquoise waters touch powder-soft sands. International vibe mixes with modern style. Beach serenity merges with Miami sophistication. This is harmony. A north Miami beach hotels member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. Marenas Beach Resort & Spa enjoys a desirable location in Florida's Riviera, on a glorious 2.5 Mile stretch of beach. Here you can take a sunrise walk by the Atlantic, or go South Beach clubbing until dawn, sunbathe poolside or plan a high-powered board meeting. If you admire the style of a boutique hotel, but love the warmth and space of home, Marenas Resort is where you belong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marenas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marenas Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Le Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Sunny Isles Beach Meridien
- Sunny Isles Beach Le Meridien
- Marenas Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach