“Could be better.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marenas Resort

Save Saved
You added Marenas Resort to your Saves list
Marenas Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18683 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160 (Formerly Le Meridien)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
25% Savings & More!
Toronto, Canada
“Could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I just stayed there this week, I had cancelled my reservation at the Trump International just down the road because this location had better reviews and ratings. Upon arrival my wife noticed hair in the main bathroom and over the days the same hair was still there. During the stay more random hair would show up in the bathtub and sink. I noticed chewing gum stuck to the shower floor which remained there for the entire stay. The carpets and the sofa looked soiled and the patio furniture on the balcony were in need of replacement. The lounge chair had the webbing falling out of it and we had to ask twice to have it replaced so it could be used to sit on. When it was replaced the old one was pushed to the other end of the balcony where it sat for the entire stay. The carpets in the main halls are old and lumpy and looked like a beginner installed them. The main public areas looked very good and presentable. We had lunch on the outdoor patio and even though the server saw us I had to go inside and ask for service after 15 minutes. After driving around the area and seeing the other name brands like Ramada and Marriott and how they presented themselves I regretted not shopping around more before booking. I have experienced worse in Florida but we expected more than we got. This would be a nice place for a family with children because it was not crowded and the beach was nice and the pool was not busy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

752 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Indianola, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Oct 29-Nov 2. Great quiet location on the beach, and between Ft Ldrle and Miami so easy distance to travel to either town for activities. Excellent staff in restaurant and beach. Desk staff good but had to ask to get help, but then got the help in a friendly manner. We never saw anyone at the bar, no night life but we were there during week. Breakfast buffet too expensive, suggest ordering off menu or walking to Lula Kebabs across & down the street. Restaurant great food, reasonable compared to area restaurants. Dirty carpet in room and hallway. Small tv. Other than that, room was fine; housekeeping great. Beach, deck and pool area and that staff were great. Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Our king standard room was on NE corner nearest beach so had great partial view of ocean. Only suit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This resort gives you the conveniences of home within the hotel setting. Stylish accommodations, good service, and residential location (still close to south beach).
We stayed in a suite- den, FULL kitchen, washer/dryer, bathroom, bedroom, veranda. The views are either north or south views, unless you request an end.
The kitchen was stocked with all serveware, pots, pans, coffee maker. (No soap-dish or dishwasher)
Washer/dryer-standard stackable. no detergent.; Iron, iron board.
Spacious bathroom- tub and shower.
Bedroom- bed with built-in dual sconces. Box tv, dvd player; floor to ceiling window!; very comfortable beds, feather pillows.
Den- flat screen tv, very comfortable couch (pull-out sofa) and chairs.
Kitchen with high-bar and chairs- stainless steel appliances-stove, fridge, dishwasher; only thing missing for me was toaster oven since we don't use the microwave. The fridge was full size.
Bathroom-good water pressure from rain-showerhead. Fairly clean except :( shower rods, towel bars, and towels had hair in it.
--The lobby decor was quite nice also Service with a smile. Valet were pleasant although the price was not nice though average for the area at twenty-five dollars overnight. They brought our car fairly quickly every time. Breakfast buffet with Live entertainment according to the staff.
--Location- Publix basically across the street. TDBank, Chase, Wellsfargo a block or 3 away. Miami juice and many other eating options walking distance. Cleaners, Pharmacy, Marshalls, nails, salons also close. 20min drive to South Beach. Oh and did I mention they have a free steam room and gym. and Exquisite Spa.
***Enjoy- You will be pleased.
We would definitely stay here again if in Miami.

Room Tip: The views are either north or south views, unless you request an end.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Beautiful location and a nice hotel, but the restaurant service was terrible.

Good things about this hotel are the view, the beach access, the swimming pool, super big gym, safe in the room, good air conditioning and a big bathroom. Other than the restaurant, the help is very nice and quick to respond to requests.

Bad things are the free internet is too slow for any practical use (.250 Mbps), no coffee maker in the room and no place to get coffee other than the restaurant, the carpet is showing its age and the doors rattle every time someone opens or closes their door. The room was not as clean as it should have been, my guess is that the maids need glasses.

The service is the restaurant is so SLOW that I stopped trying to get food there and just did room service. I walked three blocks each morning to get coffee and a bit to eat, because that was quicker than going to the restaurant. I also went to the pool to order food, but because the service there was much quicker than the restaurant. FYI, there were never more than a few people in the restaurant so I am not sure why the service was so slow. It took me 1 ½ hours to get a hamburger and the second time I went back I was there for 30 minutes and no one had taken my order, so I walked out.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are very large, the Studio room I had was small.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lilburn Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a view of the beach. The first room they put us in was next to the elevator shaft and very noise. Our request to be moved to another was handled with no problem. The hotel is showing a little wear and tear, but was very clean and the service was very good. Pool is a little on the small side, but we prefer the beach and the beach staff went out their way to help in any way they could. Had breakfast there a couple of mornings and found it to be good and fairly priced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gaby S, Front Office Manager at Marenas Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking your personal time to share your feedback. As we continue to make improvements and explore our areas of opportunity for our guests’ overall experience your comments will help us. We are happy that the front office was able to assist you quickly with your move. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is my second visit to this Resort and I think this is going to be my "go to " place when ever I need a quick get away. I stayed in the little studio suite where there was a breathtaking patio view of the beach when looking to the left and an equally beautiful city view when looking to the right. Staff was pleasant and helpful. They came up right away to replace missing patio furniture when I called after 10 PM that eve. Clean, quiet, comfortable. The food actually wasn't too bad tasting, even if a bit expensive ( usually hotel food is pretty bland) . I had the Salmon in orange glaze . However, there is an excellent , cheaper pizza/Italian eatery just across the street that I would highly recommend if you need a break from the hotel food. I was disappointed the spa did not appear to be open ( I was there from Fri morning to Sunday). .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We are so happy to hear that this was your second stay with us! Thank you very much for your nice comments about our staff - they take great pride in what they do. I will make sure that the team knows the impression that they made and impact they had on your stay. We are also very happy that you were able to take advantage of the restaurant while you were with us and enjoyed the Salmon. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were glad to have only stayed one night at this hotel. The hotel rooms and grounds are in desperate need of renovations. The one bedroom suites are spacious, but everything is worn and not in good working order. Had to move a couple of times to find a room that was clean. The staff was friendly and the bellman was especially nice, but the hotel lacks a lot of warmth. We had lunch at the restaurant which was good, but service was strange. We started with one server then ended up with another who kept on talking about another customer to us. Pool area was small and the spa was non-existent...they are trying to get a new vendor to run the spa.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side have a better view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your personal time to share your feedback. Your comments are being discussed with our Housekeeping management as we continue to make improvements and explore our areas of opportunity for our guests’ overall experience. I will make sure that our staff knows that they left a good impression. We hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are ever in Sunny Isles, FL.

Been to Marenas Resort? Share your experiences!