“Great hotel but BE AWARE of the valet parking!” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   17875 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Special Offer
Fourth Night On Us
BsAs
“Great hotel but BE AWARE of the valet parking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had stayed in this hotel other times before. The staff is extremely friendly and nice, specially the lady at the concierge. We stayed at a suite. The rooms are very clean and beautifully decorated with spacious bathrooms, they look new. The beach is nice and you have tables set to have lunch just outside the pool area next to the beach. We always have a great time there.
The only difference this time is that we had an incident with the valet parking.
This is what happened: one morning (Jun-16th) we asked for our car. It would usually take a minute or two but curiously this time took a lot longer. DANGER: if it takes too long, be aware!
Ten minutes waiting and no one had brought us the car, so we asked one of the ladies there and she went downstairs to see what was happening with our car. Another ten minutes later someone brought it. When I got in and we were going out of the hotel I noticed a dent in the hood; I told my husband, but since we were running late for a meeting he had, we decided we would continue and deal with it later. OUR MISTAKE, I admit it, we should have stopped and parked back at the hotel to inform them. But since we had all the car insurances included in our Hertz contract, we didn't really worry. (note: the hotel didn't know that).
When we got back to the hotel that afternoon, we told the staff at the valet parking and a guy (Sebastian I think) told us he would contact us as soon as he took a look at the cameras. So we went to our room and waited. And waited, and waited. No one ever called.
The following morning when we were heading out, a bunch of guys were all together whispering like kids and looking at us, then this Sebastian guy approached and showed us a 'picture' of the car (actually a snapshot from the video) 'showing' as he said "that there was no dent in the hood by the time we took the car" that June 16th morning...I complete lie because that was the moment when I saw the dent, so it was there for sure. At that same time another guy would jump from behind and added (like a small child) that "he wasn't supposed to be showing me that" What? Really? Maybe he might as well showed me the whole footage since -of course- with the car moving and the light reflecting on the surface I would have been able to actually see the dent. But, to tell you the truth I wasn't in the mood to argue with that guy, I was on vacations! And after what he had just told me it was clear to me he was lying to my face, and covering up for someone else. HORRIBLE WAY TO MANAGE THE SITUATION.
The following day, as we were checking out, my husband asked for someone to give us a response before we left. Just then the manager appeared and talk to him. It was just then when my husband let the manager know that we weren't trying to make the hotel pay for anything since we had it all covered with the car insurance already, we just wanted someone to take responsibility, which never happened.
So, (I'm sorry for writing so much) be aware of the valet parking, just take a close look every time they give you your car!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Silvina C

Thank you very much for taking time to share ample praise of Acqualina and it was indeed a great pleasure to meet you and your husband upon departure.
However at the same token, please once again accept my sincere apologies for the events transpired and outlined in the remainder of your review.

What occurred is most certainly far from the level of service we pride ourselves with and what you have grown accustomed to at Acqualina.
Rest assured it is taken very seriously and has already been addressed internally on that very same day of your departure to prevent a future re-occurrence.
I am very happy that you did not encounter any challenges upon the return of your rental vehicle and I am terribly sorry about this negative interruption of your otherwise wonderful experience at the resort.
I trust it did not mar your experience permanently and we have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our valet services on a future visit.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me personally so I may of assistance moving forward.
Once again, thank you very much and have a lovely weekend.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We chose the Acqualina for a weekend in early June stay to celebrate our daughters end of 4th grade with Honors. Upon check-in we learned we had been upgraded to an ocean front one bedroom suite. WAO! Beautifully appointed furniture all around, huge oceanfront balcony, spacious bathroom and room, even a private daybed area which my daughter used as her room AND a phenomenal kitchen. I was afraid my husband woudl sleep in the kitchen instead of our room. State of the art appliances with gas stove. he got cooking! Our idea of haven, beach front condo with good food. Yum. We had a lovely amenity that made my 9 year smile, graduate ballons, cookies, jelly beans and for mom & dad, a nice bottle of Cabernet. So far, we are feeling the love. Until we got upstairs, then we felt like royalty. Service is the restaurants, pool and beach is superb. The guys called us by our name (how did they rememeber so quickly?) and communicated among each other via their blutooth system in teh ears, when we were moving form pool to beach or viceversa. Lounges were ready fo rus by the time we made it to the other! We have travel the world. From Argentina, Russia, Hawaii, Canada, all of the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, ALL of Europe except Greece, around USA, and of course plenty of our local hotels in South Florida. When I say Acqualina has the best service and rooms in town, I am not just saying it, it's proven. I consider myself a good judge. Then, add their amazing beach, pool servicve and food to go with it. Fish tacos were a big hit!
Simply put; It's EXCELLENT! Want to feel pampered, very special, like royalty, pay to stay at Acqualina in Sunny Isles. You wont regret it. It's an established tradition for every end of school year, pending grades of course :) Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are great here, but go for an Oceanfront. Worth every penny!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear SConcepcion,

Thank you very much for detailing your most recent experience in this outstanding review of the Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach. It was a great pleasure to host you for this very special celebration and it fills me with great pride to read that your stay at our lovely resort was nothing short of exceptional.
I am delighted to knowthat you not only enjoyed all the wonderful amenities, the luscious grounds and world-class accomodation but even more so, the attention to detail illustrated in the meticulos service, delivered with sincerity, passion and a smile. Such wonderful praise from a cosmopolitan world traveller such as yourself means a lot to us here at Acqualina and it will be an honor to share it with our Dream Maker family.
We are already looking forward to more amazing grades and magical vacations for you and your family here at the resort.
Have a most wonderful weekend and warm regards

Merrick, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

As a family we only stay in top hotels. The suite in this hotel was amazing as was the ocean view.
The staff and service were impeccable and beyond polite. I really can't say anything negative about the hotel. Location is also great! They have a car that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius as well. I can't imagine finding better in the area.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Nancy T,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It is delightful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at the resort and were pampered by our dedicated staff of dream makers. We pride ourselves with providing world class service in a unique setting and reading your wonderful sentiments proves that we are indeed on a successful path. Please come visit again in the near future, we are already looking forward to have you back here at the resort.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was my first stay at Acqualina. I have stayed at many 5 star resort/spas in the US but this one was just perfect. The resort is spotless. The spa was excellent. Our treatments were amazing. The private beach is beautiful. The restaurants and room service were simply delicious. What I will always remember about Acqualina is the staff. Each and every staff member I met could not do enough for me and my two daughters. They all took the time to introduce themselves and provide top notch service. Resorts and spas across America should take a lesson from the staff at Acqualina. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear gi0vanna1960,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your most recent experience at Acqualina. It was a great pleasure to host you and your family and it makes me very happy that it was most enjoyable in so many aspects. Our Acqualina Spa by ESPA is truly a magnificent journey from start to finish and simply a world of eternal bliss. I am pleased you were able to enjoy a treatment and our team of dream makers exceeded your expectations. Please come visit again in the near future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Once again, thank you kindly and have a most wonderful 4th of July weekend!

With Sincerity

Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Acqualina in 9 months. I never wrote a first review but this time I used the spa and met the new hotel manager Christof. We love this place and after almost a week of being home we are still so sad we had to leave. Both times we were there during the construction of the adjoining building and I can honestly tell you that this place is so magical it did not even phase me. The hotel is right in the center of South Beach and Fort Lauderdale so you can visit both! This is truly a 5 star and I could not imagine staying anywhere else. We travel ALOT and this is the only hotel that will be a constant in the future (3rd trip fall of 2014 hopefully). Keep in mind we are reviewing as a married couple in their mid 30s with no children although I heard this is a great place for kids as well.

Staff
The whole staff is amazing and treats you like a VIP and that you are the most special guest they have. Your last name is always remembered and used. They will provide anything you need and will do anything to resolve complaints/problems that come up right away. You leave feeling like they are your friends. Security is amazing too. Max came to my room to sing me Happy Birthday and brought me gelato. The security staff was also so quick and friendly to responding to my room safe problems 3x (my fault)

Spa
Wow do I hate myself for not coming here my first visit or coming more than once my second visit. You are to arrive 1 hour early to use numerous amenities. The steam room, private pool, private hot tub, relaxation room ect. My hot stone massage and facial were amazing and you can choose the music!! You would never find something like this on the Mainline in Philly where I am from.

Breakfast buffet
There is not one single breakfast item you could name that is not available at this buffet. It is amazing and gets my sleepy husband out of bed every morning. The whole staff is wonderful. Maurice and Andres became our favorite! It goes to 11am which is late for most American hotels which we love!

Fitness Center

Great fitness center. I think there are 5 treadmills and maybe 3 elliptical machines. There are numerous free weights and other types of equipment. Perfect for working off that buffet!

Pool/Beach

3 pools!!!!!! 1 kid free!!!! Drink and food service. Do I need to say more???? The beach staff is great. They set up your chairs and umbrellas (at no charge which is rare, at least in our travels) while you wait in the shade. Drink and food service by raising a flag so you are not disturbed.

Valet
I love the valet crew!!! They are so fast and friendly. You text a number with your cars assigned number and they bring it out for you in a sea of luxury cars!

Rooms
Amazing, big, and modern. Fully stocked bar and big tubs! We requested a mini fridge for my hubby's protein shakes and they provide one at no charge!!

We went to II Mulino our first visit. Food and service were amazing.

Its very evident the new hotel manager Christof Pignet is very passionate about his position and the Acqualina is lucky to have him. I highly recommend anyone stay here. So excited to come back!!! The hotel has a house car but I recommend renting a vehicle like we do so you can visit neighboring cities!

Room Tip: Not all rooms come with the jet tubs so if you want one request it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Elaina C,

I cannot even being to express my sincere gratitude for this absolutely magnificent and exceptionally detailed review of our wonderful Acqualina Resort and Spa on the Beach. It is beyond words and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for having taken the time to sit down and express your sentiments in such wonderful way for everyone to read. I also enjoyed meeting you and your husband very much and rest assured, all of Acqualina is already eagerly awaiting your return to our little "paradise". Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I may be of any assistance at all and I will gladly share your praise with our entire family here at the resort.
Have a most wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Sincerely

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'll keep it simple - If you want to know how to operate a 5 star resort, just go here. Everything, I mean everything is the way it should be. Housekeeping, overall facilities, beach, food, all right at the top which has to be a given. But for me, the one thing that separates a good 5 star from a truly special experience, is the people. And Acqualina has great people. They are everywhere, but never intrusive. Great attitude. Always very professional, but in a helpful, friendly way that made our experience ridiculously awesome. Hat's off to the staff, particularly Tatiana (concierge) and Sylvinski (beach staff) and to Christof for hiring all these awesome people.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BertilleBun,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your praise of Acqualina. It will be an honor and pleasure to share these sentiments with our team of dream makers as it continues to fuel our quest for perfection and to create most memorable guest experiences. It was a true delight having been able to serve you and it is wonderful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and took advantage of all the lovely amenities our world class resort has to offer. We are already counting the days until your next stay and wish you a most wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great hotel in Sunny Isles Beach. This hotel is a bit north of South Beach and will take about 15-20 minutes to drive there.
Beautiful hotel with 3 different pools and an EXCELLENT spa.
The property has an ESPA, and by far has given me the best massage I've ever had to date.

Rooms are gorgeous and spacious. Ours came with french doors that separated the living room and bedroom.
Concierge and other staff are extremely helpful.

Located right on the beach, it's super convenient for beach bumming.
Be sure to take advantage of the house car. While it won't be able to take you as far as South Beach, there are plenty of places to dine and shop within driving radius.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Devan J,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post this exceptional review from your most recent Acqualina experience. It is lovely to read that you not only enjoyed the magnificent accomodations and grounds but also the amenities such our complimentary house car service which takes guests to Aventura or to the Shops at Bal Harbor as well as restaurants within a five mile radius of the resort.
It will also be a great pleasure to share your sentiments regarding the spa experience with our team of ladies and gentlemen at the five star rated Acqualina Spa by ESPA. I am delighted it was so enjoyable and we are already looking forward to a future stay where we may pamper you further. Thank you once again and please don't hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything at all I may assist you with.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,579 reviews
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 2,545 reviews

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!