“Only the best of service here!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Only the best of service here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was my first stay at Acqualina. I have stayed at many 5 star resort/spas in the US but this one was just perfect. The resort is spotless. The spa was excellent. Our treatments were amazing. The private beach is beautiful. The restaurants and room service were simply delicious. What I will always remember about Acqualina is the staff. Each and every staff member I met could not do enough for me and my two daughters. They all took the time to introduce themselves and provide top notch service. Resorts and spas across America should take a lesson from the staff at Acqualina. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear gi0vanna1960,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your most recent experience at Acqualina. It was a great pleasure to host you and your family and it makes me very happy that it was most enjoyable in so many aspects. Our Acqualina Spa by ESPA is truly a magnificent journey from start to finish and simply a world of eternal bliss. I am pleased you were able to enjoy a treatment and our team of dream makers exceeded your expectations. Please come visit again in the near future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Once again, thank you kindly and have a most wonderful 4th of July weekend!

With Sincerity

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Acqualina in 9 months. I never wrote a first review but this time I used the spa and met the new hotel manager Christof. We love this place and after almost a week of being home we are still so sad we had to leave. Both times we were there during the construction of the adjoining building and I can honestly tell you that this place is so magical it did not even phase me. The hotel is right in the center of South Beach and Fort Lauderdale so you can visit both! This is truly a 5 star and I could not imagine staying anywhere else. We travel ALOT and this is the only hotel that will be a constant in the future (3rd trip fall of 2014 hopefully). Keep in mind we are reviewing as a married couple in their mid 30s with no children although I heard this is a great place for kids as well.

Staff
The whole staff is amazing and treats you like a VIP and that you are the most special guest they have. Your last name is always remembered and used. They will provide anything you need and will do anything to resolve complaints/problems that come up right away. You leave feeling like they are your friends. Security is amazing too. Max came to my room to sing me Happy Birthday and brought me gelato. The security staff was also so quick and friendly to responding to my room safe problems 3x (my fault)

Spa
Wow do I hate myself for not coming here my first visit or coming more than once my second visit. You are to arrive 1 hour early to use numerous amenities. The steam room, private pool, private hot tub, relaxation room ect. My hot stone massage and facial were amazing and you can choose the music!! You would never find something like this on the Mainline in Philly where I am from.

Breakfast buffet
There is not one single breakfast item you could name that is not available at this buffet. It is amazing and gets my sleepy husband out of bed every morning. The whole staff is wonderful. Maurice and Andres became our favorite! It goes to 11am which is late for most American hotels which we love!

Fitness Center

Great fitness center. I think there are 5 treadmills and maybe 3 elliptical machines. There are numerous free weights and other types of equipment. Perfect for working off that buffet!

Pool/Beach

3 pools!!!!!! 1 kid free!!!! Drink and food service. Do I need to say more???? The beach staff is great. They set up your chairs and umbrellas (at no charge which is rare, at least in our travels) while you wait in the shade. Drink and food service by raising a flag so you are not disturbed.

Valet
I love the valet crew!!! They are so fast and friendly. You text a number with your cars assigned number and they bring it out for you in a sea of luxury cars!

Rooms
Amazing, big, and modern. Fully stocked bar and big tubs! We requested a mini fridge for my hubby's protein shakes and they provide one at no charge!!

We went to II Mulino our first visit. Food and service were amazing.

Its very evident the new hotel manager Christof Pignet is very passionate about his position and the Acqualina is lucky to have him. I highly recommend anyone stay here. So excited to come back!!! The hotel has a house car but I recommend renting a vehicle like we do so you can visit neighboring cities!

Room Tip: Not all rooms come with the jet tubs so if you want one request it.
Dear Elaina C,

I cannot even being to express my sincere gratitude for this absolutely magnificent and exceptionally detailed review of our wonderful Acqualina Resort and Spa on the Beach. It is beyond words and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for having taken the time to sit down and express your sentiments in such wonderful way for everyone to read. I also enjoyed meeting you and your husband very much and rest assured, all of Acqualina is already eagerly awaiting your return to our little "paradise". Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I may be of any assistance at all and I will gladly share your praise with our entire family here at the resort.
Have a most wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Sincerely

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'll keep it simple - If you want to know how to operate a 5 star resort, just go here. Everything, I mean everything is the way it should be. Housekeeping, overall facilities, beach, food, all right at the top which has to be a given. But for me, the one thing that separates a good 5 star from a truly special experience, is the people. And Acqualina has great people. They are everywhere, but never intrusive. Great attitude. Always very professional, but in a helpful, friendly way that made our experience ridiculously awesome. Hat's off to the staff, particularly Tatiana (concierge) and Sylvinski (beach staff) and to Christof for hiring all these awesome people.

Dear BertilleBun,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your praise of Acqualina. It will be an honor and pleasure to share these sentiments with our team of dream makers as it continues to fuel our quest for perfection and to create most memorable guest experiences. It was a true delight having been able to serve you and it is wonderful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and took advantage of all the lovely amenities our world class resort has to offer. We are already counting the days until your next stay and wish you a most wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great hotel in Sunny Isles Beach. This hotel is a bit north of South Beach and will take about 15-20 minutes to drive there.
Beautiful hotel with 3 different pools and an EXCELLENT spa.
The property has an ESPA, and by far has given me the best massage I've ever had to date.

Rooms are gorgeous and spacious. Ours came with french doors that separated the living room and bedroom.
Concierge and other staff are extremely helpful.

Located right on the beach, it's super convenient for beach bumming.
Be sure to take advantage of the house car. While it won't be able to take you as far as South Beach, there are plenty of places to dine and shop within driving radius.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Devan J,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post this exceptional review from your most recent Acqualina experience. It is lovely to read that you not only enjoyed the magnificent accomodations and grounds but also the amenities such our complimentary house car service which takes guests to Aventura or to the Shops at Bal Harbor as well as restaurants within a five mile radius of the resort.
It will also be a great pleasure to share your sentiments regarding the spa experience with our team of ladies and gentlemen at the five star rated Acqualina Spa by ESPA. I am delighted it was so enjoyable and we are already looking forward to a future stay where we may pamper you further. Thank you once again and please don't hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything at all I may assist you with.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is top notch! I have stayed at many 5 star hotels around the world, and this one is right up there with the top! They treat you like royalty. Anything and everything you need is at your disposal. The adult pool was strictly enforced which we were so thankful for! The cabanas even had tvs! The beach and pool manager (LeMonte???) was the nicest person ever! All wait staff at the pool and beach were super nice and fast. We ate at II Mulino one night, it was very classy and they kept bringing you food! There is a really cool dessert bar downstairs that has pastries, brownies, cheesecakes, gelato, etc. Great idea for kids. Breakfast buffet was really good. We were stuffed all day after that. The room was huge and gorgeous, our view was perfect. Housekeeping did an amazing job, even brought bottled water at turn down service every night. The grounds were beautiful! The spa was great, very relaxing. This hotel pays so much attention to detail it is unreal. They have a private car that will take you around town too. Cab rides were $52 from Miami airport and $45 to Ft Lauderdale airport. The beach was remarkable! Clear water that was waist deep for hundreds of feet off the shore. We had a blast and will definitely return! This is the best hotel! Don't even consider anything else!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Clh06TX,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review and I am overjoyed to read that your experience at Acqualina was nothing short of exceptional. It gives me great pleasure to share your sentiments and praises with our team of dedicated dream makers and particularly with LaMonte who exceeded your expectations with our Pool & Beach team.

Thank you also for highlighting our outstanding Food & Beverage product along with world class accomodations and amenities, our Housekeeping team and also the heavenly Acqualina Spa by ESPA, an oasis of relaxation and rejuvenation.

It was such a great pleasure to have you with us and we are already looking forward to a future visit so we may yet again pamper and treat you like royalty. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I may be of any service.

Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

ROOMS: Spacious and elegantly appointed rooms with amazing bathrooms all with a deep soaking tub. We had requested the split floor plan so our bedroom was separate from the livingroom. This is a great option for families traveling with kids. When we arrived there was a plate of cookies for the kids with a letter with both kids’ names on it. The crib was high quality with a nice hotel blanket and upgraded baby bath amenities. There was a TV in the living room and bedroom also great for families so the kids can watch cartoons in their own separate area. The bath products by Espa smelled amazing and we each took advantage of the Jacuzzi tub. Our room had a very high tech Illy Espresso Machine equipped with detailed instructions that were easy to follow.

POOL: There were four pools to enjoy one of which was zero entry which was perfect for small kids. This is where we spent most of our time. On one of our pool days we had a cabana reserved and spent at least half of the day by the pool. This came in handy as Samantha napped on daddy for a couple of hours while a thunderstorm passed through. The cabana came with a fruit platter that was delivered in perfect timing for when Sam got hungry and cranky. We ordered lunch from our cabana and received excellent service and food. Emma made instant friends and worked on her swimming and jumping skills as long as we would let her. Every hour staff came around with refreshing smoothie samples and the pool concierge was quick to get our chairs ready and bring us cold water.

BEACH: The beach was one of the best I have seen in Miami. There was a small area set up for kids to play in the sand with buckets and shovels for them to borrow. There is a wonderful lawn area just behind the beach in case you wanted to move between the pool and the beach. On the lawn they have all kinds of sports equipment set up for the kids to play soccer and basketball. Yes, Emma jumped in on a game with the older boys!

RESTAURANTS: AQ is their newest restaurant which was farm to table modern American Cuisine. We had dinner there and everyone enjoyed their meals including the kids who ordered a cheese pizza. The restaurant was casual and sat off of the lobby bar. We also had our breakfast buffet at AQ which had a great selection of pastries, hot items and fresh juices. Il Mulino is their Italian Fine Dining restaurant which has excellent reviews. Will spent the second night alone with the kids while I attended a business meeting and they were all very happy with the room service! He even made mention of how friendly and prompt they were.

KIDS: Our kids were truly little VIPS! I don’t recall a hotel that has treated Emma and Sam so special. From the moment we checked in the ladies from Guest Relations was chatting with Emma and giving her their full and undivided attention. It didn't end there.... they made sure to come and visit her throughout our stay. They have a kids club for kids 5 and over but for those younger kids you can come and play you just need a parent there. Emma spent some time painting while waiting out the afternoon showers. When we checked in they gave Emma a penny to toss into the fountain, she had so much fun they made sure to have pennies on hand for her every time she was down there. As we came down to check out Victoria in Guest Relations called Emma over and gave her and Sam a gift to open. Each of my girls got a cute little lavender stuffed animal! .

SPA: ESPA: Holistic, meditative, and restorative treatments based on Ayurvedic principles are the basis of this elite Miami Beach spa in South Florida, where guests are invited to enjoy the full day-spa experience. Quiet lounges, sauna and steam rooms, a spa pool and terrace, and a selection of spa cuisine comprise the ESPA Journey.

SERVICE: I had to add a category just for the service! It was the people of Acqualina that made our stay so special. The whole family was treated with such genuine care and attention that made us feel so special. Everyone from the Guest Relations to Concierge, Pool Staff, Room Service and Housekeeping were amazing!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Naplestravelgrl,

I cannot begin to thank you for this wonderful and extensive review of Acqualina. It was such a great pleasure to have you and your family with us, particularly your daughters who were just absolutely adorable and as you noticed, really "bewitched" our entire staff.

You have experienced and in this review just perfectly captured what Acqualina is all about. And that is not simply luxurious and elegant accommodation, perfectly manicured ground and extensive outdoors, a gorgeous 400 feet of beach front right at the Atlantic Ocean, a heavenly spa and flavorful cuisine in one of our many dining options but even more so, the passionate, dedicated and committed staff which really takes great pride and joy in serving our guests, no matter what size or age.

I noticed all the wonderful pictures you took and I can assure you that you also have left long lasting memories here with our Acqualina dream makers. We are already looking very much forward to have you and your family back with us and can hardly wait for the next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything at all I may assist you with in the interim.

Once again, my sincere and heartfelt gratitude and please give my very best to your husband, Emma and Sam.

Warmly

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had our June 2014 wedding at Acqualina and it was truly spectacular. Not only was the entire staff super helpful and always kind, but the food and location created the most romantic atmosphere. Concierge, reception, housekeeping, valets, bellboys even the security were willing to jump in and lend a hand (when the bride got stuck in the elevator!) and no matter how difficult or demanding a request was, they all worked double time to make it possible. The food was top quality; the fish was juicy and the steak was cooked to perfection without being well-done or rare. All catering and event coordination staff were on point and we were able to trust them with our most expensive gifts. The hotel overall truly lives up to its 5-star rating!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are less exciting at night, but all rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Sabina A,

It was a true pleasure, an honor and a privilege to not only the venue for your most memorable and wonderful wedding but even more so contribute to create one of a kind memories that will surely last a life time. The entire Acqualina team was thrilled to be of service for this Wedding and to cater to your every need along with your family and all the attendees.

It gives me great joy to share your sentiments with all of our "Dream Makers" as it continues to fuel our efforts to provide exceptional service, world class accommodation and a most unique setting. We are very grateful and are already looking forward to have you, your husband and family back with us in the near future, hopefully long before your first anniversary.

Once again, thank you kindly on behalf of Acqualina and please enjoy the honeymoon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!