“Floridian Royalty” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
New York City, New York
“Floridian Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The title pretty much sums up how I felt staying here. The rooms were great, the ocean access was great with awesome service. The pools were clean and the environment was very elegant even though kids were there. It's pretty pricey, but well worth it if you find sophisticated experiences to be important.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear ecatsnow,

It is with great pride and joy that I read your feedback about the most recent experience at Acqualina and that you were treated like royalty. This is exactly how we want every guest to feel that enjoys our resort and all the wonderful amenities we offer. We are most appreciative of your kind words and already look forward to your next visit at Acqualina.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Dear Acqualina Team,

I visited Acqualina Resort and Spa on the Beach last fall and am now just getting around to writing my review! Time certainly flies! Well, needless to say, I wanted to be sure to share my review as your amazing resort deserves much credit for making my visit to Miami most enjoyable!

My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting Acqualina while visiting our daughter who lives in Miami. Well, what can I say?! From, the moment we arrived we were absolutely blown away. The entrance is simply stunning, as soon as you turn off Collins Avenue it’s like you’ve been transported to an Italian oasis – you almost forget you’re in Miami. But not for long, as the views of the Atlantic Ocean are exquisite from multiple locations at the resort – then you remember where you really are!

We were greeted by a lovely gentleman who opened my car door and enthusiastically welcomed us to the resort and inquired about our trip in. Our luggage was quickly and efficiently removed from the vehicle and whisked away, the next time we saw it, it was already sitting in our room on a luggage rack as we arrived. The gentleman escorted us to the front desk, where we were warmly welcomed by your team there. The champagne was a very nice touch, thank you! The front desk agent who assisted us quickly processed the check in and then offered a brief tour of the property. It was great to get a lay of the land and overview of what the property had to offer, especially the beautiful terrace overlooking the pools (this is also where that first breathtaking view of the ocean came in….simply amazing).

After our tour, we were escorted to our room, a lovely one bedroom suite with an even more incredible view of the ocean. The lovely agent offered a quick tour of the suite (which was appreciated, as I like to know where everything is and how it all works!) and then discreetly left us so we could get acquainted with the room. The décor and interior design of the suite is very fresh, clean and very well appointed. I think I would like for your designer to come to my house please! We spent about an hour just soaking it all in and getting refreshed and then headed out to start enjoying the property. We only had two days and wanted to be sure to make the most of it!

Throughout our visit we were fortunate to enjoy all aspects of the resort. From a scrumptious breakfast at Piazzetta (the omelets are delightful!) to a relaxing massage and facial at Espa Spa (I never wanted to leave!) to a delicious lunch from Costa Grill while poolside at the tranquility pool (so quiet and peaceful, really lovely), and finally a beautifully executed dinner at Il Mulino. (In case, you’re wondering we did see our daughter too! We had some mother/daughter bonding at the spa and then of course all those amazing meals!)

I could go on and on, which I probably will again in the near future as I really hope to plan my next visit to Acqualina this spring! Your resort is simply outstanding. Your staff is so delightful, warm and welcoming – it’s almost as if you are a member of their family. It is just so nice to visit a place where you receive this kind attention, impeccable service and welcoming atmosphere.

On behalf of my husband and daughter, thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We look forward to seeing you again in paradise very, very soon!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Trisha S.

I found myself overjoyed reading the account of your stay with your husband when visiting your daughter who lives locally. It makes me so incredibly happy that you were able to experience Acqualina's most unique setting, all the wonderful amenities but even more so the unparalleled and exceptional service that our team of dedicated and passionate dream makers provides on a daily basis. It is such feedback that validates what we do and inspires us to go even beyond and continue to excel and exceed expectations. Please come back to visit soon again, we would be delighted to have you and your family back at Acqualina. Fondly
Hotel Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend and the staff at Acqualina Resort are amazing. Whether it was arranging a car to take us to The Heat game, to rescuing us from a restaurant that couldn't seem to get us a cab, everyone just got stuff done. The waitstaff, the pool and beach personnel were so warm and friendly and you didn't want for anything. The rooms were very spacious and well maintained (we had two rooms) and security was tight which we really appreciated. If you need to relax and be treated well, take a few days at Acqualina. You'll be happy. Oh, a trip to the spa is well worth it!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear AJC01,

I greatly appreciate you sharing praise and kind words for Acqualina with the world. It is wonderful to hear that your stay was exceptional and our team went above and beyond to ensure your complete satisfaction, even when coming to the rescue with the taxi cab. I will gladly share your sentiments with our dream makers and we will continue to strive for perfection in all aspects. Please come back in the near future and visit soon again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I brought my kids and wife along for a business trip and had the opportunity to stay at this beautiful resort for a full week in early/mid March. Service was top notch from the second we pulled up and were greeted by the valet attendants, the front desk with check in was very welcoming and greeted us with drinks and a smile, room service for the most part was amazing (food was great!), pool and beach service was very prompt and had many options. The ocean front room was superb and had a beautiful view and was decorated beautifully, we couldn't have asked for more for a room on the beach! All of the pools were kept very well and were very inviting. The kids had a blast and enjoyed the pool and beach each day we were there. My wife's favorite drink is a Bellini and this was one of the best she had ever had, or so she stated :). Unfortunately I was working most of the time so I didn't have the opportunity to relax and enjoy the services- but my wife did get to use the spa and said it was exquisite. The only complaints that I had were the following: 1) We felt that the room service took a little too long and by the time we got the food one night it was not as warm as we felt it should have been, but Marie, or Maria (I may have that name wrong entirely so it is hard for me to accurately give proper credit and I apologize for this) was able to help fix the issue and made sure that the problem was fixed as soon as possible, it just took a bit longer than necessary by the time the issue was fixed, maybe 45 minutes from order time to actual delivery of the fixed/warmed up meal that one night. And 2) My kids and I were awaiting our car in the front entry way on our way to breakfast the other morning and one of the Valets (he was in a suit and appeared to be in charge, so possibly a supervisor or manager?) was overheard by my 12 year old son using some profanity while speaking rashly (inappropriately) to one of his other younger attendants who was hustling and running his heart out (in the kakis and acqualina branded shirt), so it was unfortunate to see how the young man was spoken to. That is one thing that was unfortunate considering that my 12 yr old son then repeated the word in the car 2 minutes later in front of my wife and 8 yr old daughter. Again I wish I had a name to help pin point this person so maybe the hotel could speak to him about his conduct, all I know is that we were there for a full week and he appeared to be the eldest of the valet attendants who wears a suit and was certainly "in charge" from what my wife and I could assume, certainly not one of the younger gentleman with the earpiece or one of the young running gentleman in the kakis, they did an amazing job and were working very hard to get our cars asap. Other than this one named incident it was overall a great stay and we would definitely stay again! Thank you Aqcualina and staff who made this stay very warm and welcoming in all ways!!

Room Tip: If you can get a beachfront room I would do it. The other side of the building faces a main street a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Martin H

I profusely thank you for taking the time and writing this lengthy review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and it is lovely to read that you and your family enjoyed many aspects of our resort. Rest assured that your challenge with In Room Dining will be addressed and please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in service. We will work diligently to ensure swift action is taken. On the second matter you noted, I am simply at a loss for words. What you have witnessed is absolutely unacceptable and most certainly not a reflection of our culture and the high level of standard we pride ourselves with. I am terrified that you and your family had to observe such occurrence and I assure you, there is zero tolerance for such behavior. Please contact me personally here at Acqualina so I may follow up accordingly and also apologize to you verbally; this has really moved me deeply.
At the same token, I am happy to read that it did not mar your experience permanently and I would be delighted to personally welcome you back on a future stay.
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Acqualina is one of the most upscale five star hotels deserving of the best rating from Trip advisor. Our spectacular vacation started at check in... We were checked in by Nelson upon arrival and were told that the room was not ready as yet for our upgrade.. However, Nelson told us that they would bring our luggage into the ESPA so that we could take out our bathing suits
and change at the Spa. After they retrieved the luggage and left it with the bellmen. So our day started quite early being able to sit at the most beautiful pools and enjoy delicious lunch and
scenery overlooking the beach... Everyone at the hotel knows you by your name and can't do enough for you... The staff goes above and beyond for service and getting you anything from towels to drinks... The decor at the pools and restaurants (bright red cushions on lounge chairs)
as well as restaurant and lounge areas were so attractive.. The resort is immaculate and the service is more than any five star hotel offers. They then called us on the cell phone to let us kmow our room was ready... When we got to the desk Nelson(who was polite and informative) escorted us up to the 20th floor which he upgraded
into a beautiful ocean front suite.. Looking our from the terrace, it was as if you were on a cruise ship. The suite was decorated to the nines and every amenity was found. We were celebrating my birthday and we received a fruit platter and bottle of champagne...We met Mr. Jules Trump
in the elevator and he was extremely friendly... The food at the hotel was terrific. There was nothing lacking from this hotel--They had three pools - one adults only and the other two were for families... It was never crowded at any of the pools and we were always able to get two lounges in the shade... After lunch on our last day, we again met Mr. Jules Trump who got up from his lunch to greet us and he was a very gracious host... The Acqualina treats all their guests as if it was a private club... My husband and I travel a great deal in the states and Europe and have never come accross such attentive service from all of the staff...Everyone walks around with a smile and asks if they can help you. It is truly a very special place that we will definitely go back to and remember forever. Never any request is denied or not done with a smile... Congratulations to Mr. Jules Trump for making Acqualina the best resort with the perfect staff for all your needs... WE truly did not want to leave the resort because we were so happy and well rested with the entire property.. Every public room as well as the accommodations are elegant. We would advise anyone who wants the best vacation at a stunning property to definitely take a vacation at the Acqualina Resort and Spa... The Spa was beautiful and the treatments were the best too. Janee M.

Room Tip: The suites are tremendous and very sunny and quiet- especially higher up.. I do feel that no matter...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Janee M,

I am delighted to read that your experience at Acqualina was very enjoyable in so many different aspects and particularly our wonderful staff was able to make you feel extra special and very comfortable. It will be my pleasure to share this praise with our team of Acqualina Dream Makers, especially with Nelson. We thrive on such feedback and strive for perfection every single day.
Mr. Trump is indeed very much involved in the resort activity as well, he lives and breathes hospitality. I am delighted you met and we all look very much forward to a return in the near future.
Sunny greetings!
Andover, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Acqualina is a wonderful resort entirely deserving of the many favorable Tripadvisor reviews. It offers superb check-in, beautiful lobby, lovely rooms, great restaurants, three especially nice pools, and a beachfront location that adds to an almost perfect overall appeal. In many ways it is a special place.

But even with all the accolades mentioned above, our overall experience during our four days at Acqualina was diminished by the constant disruptive noise from the construction next door at an affiliated condominium development. The noise was relentless and heard from our nineteenth floor balcony, any of the three pools and the beach. There is really no getting away from it.

While I appreciate that there is little management can do to tone down the noise, I suggest they at least be forthright about it. Don’t overlook the impact that the noise will have on a guests visit. Some mention of it should be made on the website; with confirmation; and at check in. Mitigate the problem with kind gestures. One idea would be an occasional “hard hat” cocktail reception for guests to thank them for putting up with the noise. Another idea would be to sometimes offer guests complimentary refreshments while at the pools or on the beach. After my complaint I was given the equivalent of a ten percent reduction in room rate, which was appreciated but inadequate.

Room Tip: Ocean front is lovely and worth the additional costs
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear George F,

Thank you for the candid feedback on your most recent experience.
It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the accommodations, our Food & Beverage in the various restaurants and also the excellent service all around.
At the same token I am disheartened to read that the intermittent noise emanating from the development of the neighboring building has marred your experience. While we have made note of it on the Acqualina website under the "Pool & Beaches" previously it has now also become part of our guest pre-arrival notification. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and please contact me personally if you have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. We would be delighted to welcome you back.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The service is exceptional. The resort is just lovely. We arrived and were immediately given such a warm and sincere welcome by Desiree. She was just delightful and the bellini's were of course, most welcome upon arrival. The rooms are lovely and spacious. and the grounds are immaculate.
Jose was always welcoming and great with recommendations on the menu. The food was delicious. The staff at the pools and beach were always courteous and engaging. Again,seeing the wonderful smiles and terrific attitudes was always refreshing. Everyone knew and addressed us by name.Extremely professional.They were always ready to assist.The pools are heated and the attendants were always available.The housekeeping staff took excellent care of our requests.Barbara always had a smile and joyful spirit.She was just wonderful.The courtesy car driver was friendly and informative.Spa was very relaxing and the services were excellent.
I have never been to a property where every single person we encountered was friendly and extremely efficient.This is the most well run resort that I have stayed in.Truly exceptional.
Kudos to everyone there.They are most impressive. So glad to have been there. Will definitely go back and recommend highly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear TonyaP

I thank you kindly for taking the time and writing such a lovely review.
It is wonderful to read that your stay at Acqualina was exceptional and particularly our team of dream makers exceeded your expectations. I will gladly share your praises with the staff and especially Desiree, Jose and Barbara. We pride ourselves with genuine care and attentive top-level service in a gorgeous and paradise like setting, as you noticed in the most recent stay. Please come back to visit us again in the near future, we are looking forward to it already!

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!