“Excellent facilities and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

You added Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach to your Saves list
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent facilities and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I recently completed our first stay at Acqualina Resort. Our accommodations were in an oceanfront suite. Upon arrival, champagne was served in the lobby and we had champagne service provided by Sueheilly our suite. Sueheilly was friendly and made us feel special. At the beach, Julian managed the services there and was extremely upbeat, friendly, and made each day feel like the best day on the best place on earth. Michael and Daniel kept our umbrellas and chairs in place and provided us excellent service while enjoying the blue water and sandy beach. The pool areas were beautiful, and my wife and I enjoyed breakfast there each morning. Sueheilly made our acquaintance again while serving us at our reserved, private beachside dinner for two. What a special night. On one evening, we came back to our room to see rose petal turndown service in our bedroom. This was a couples trip for us, but being parents, we loved the special sandcastle area on the beach and the great children's programs (Aquamarine). If our kids had come, they would have been entertained well. Acqualina is a special place and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear wschappell,

Thank you very much for sharing these wonderful sentiments of your most recent stay. We are very happy that you and your wife enjoyed the beautiful suite overlooking the ocean, delicious treats and all the wonderful amenities Acqualina has to offer. Please bring your children on a future visit, our Acquamarine team is already very excited to welcome them. I will be certain to share your praise with the Acqualina team of Dream Makers and particularly Julian, Michael, Daniel and Sueheilly who exceeded your expectations. We have means to reward them internally and will gladly do so. Thank you once again and please come back to visit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here for our second time, and it was as great as the first one. We got upgraded to a classic suite with a beautiful view of the Ocean.

They have a wonderful staff and special mentions to Rachele and Giovanni who made us feel so special.

The staff brought a wonderful cake personally to our room for my wife's Birthday.

If you are staying in the area and if you can afford it you can't do better than Acqualina

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear AlanOSI

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed celebrating this special occasion at Acqualina and particularly the beautiful classic suite with stunning ocean views.

More importantly however it is wonderful to know that all of our staff and especially Rachele and Giovanna went above and beyond to make you feel extra special. I will be certain to share your praise with the team as we thrive on positive feedback.

We look very much forward to welcome you back on a future visit to South Florida.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The service at this resort is extraordinary - comparable to any in the world. Everyone is friendly, accommodating and eager to serve. I like the fact that there is always security personnel near the elevators - makes you feel very safe. The beach is a few steps away and pristine. The pools are heated and feel great. The hotel, both public areas and rooms, is super clean. We had a one-bedroom suite which was very large and the full kitchen is great, especially with young kids. The breakfast buffet is your typical variety found at a hotel/resort but the quality of the food is top notch. Note that the beach is being restored and there is a high-rise under construction next door. If I were to fault one thing, it's that the beach service is sometimes slower in the afternoons. Besides that, I can't say enough wonderful things about this property and its people.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to appreciate the team's effort and commitment to ensure that the service experience remains the highlight in one's visit at Acqualina.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I visited the hotel for work so I didn't stay more than one night, but I can say that the service is very warm, staff attitude is very formal, natural and nice all the time they were alert to our needs in the conference rooms.

The rooms are very comfortable and in my opinion the room service is the best, some times for the work is difficult to visit to the hotel restaurants and the room service is the unique options.

Stayed March 2013
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Chad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, even-though it was a short one. We are delighted that you value the professionalism of the team, something we strive to achieve daily at Acqualina.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This was our third trip to the Acqualina. We went for 11 days in December and it was beyond perfection. We were greeted Giovanna when we arrived and both my boys were given cute little stuffed dogs and fresh orange juice! For my son's 5th birthday, Sofia (head of guest relations) organized an adorable party outside by the beach with cake and balloons. She also helped organize an incredible party for all the kids at the hotel... Dr. Seuss themed which was incredible.
The food, restaurants, pool staff (Jessica, Valentina) are so helpful and hardworking all day long. We had a cabana by the zero entry pool that provided lots of shade so my 2.5 year old son could sleep in his stroller.
Our entire vacation was superb thanks to so many wonderful staff members.
All in all...such an outstanding hotel. Rare to find these days. Highly recommend especially families with young kids.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Lindsay,

Thank you so much for reviewing our resort again.
I noticed that you have reviewed us in the past and the team and I are delighted that you keep finding our experience to your satisfaction. It is delightful that you took the time to review us again. We appreciate it!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and have yet to write a review on Tripadvisor. However after our family's recent stay at the Acqualina, I just had to do something. Let me first say that I am a hotel snob--I have high expectations and am not easily impressed. The Acualina was, for lack of a better word, perfect. The ENTIRE hotel staff were by far the most pleasant, approachable and accommodating that I have ever encountered. They all went out of their way to make sure that my family and I enjoyed our entire experience. There was no request too small or too insignificant--they were more than happy to help!

Just one example (though there are countless others)--my toddler son had an "accident" on his favorite blanket about an hour before his bedtime--and he needs that blanket to sleep! we called the hotel housekeeping and they immediately came up to our room and took the blanket, washed and dried it, and we had it back within an hour. This was at 8:00 PM. and they didn't even charge us! It's service like this that can really take a vacation to the next level!

Aside from the amazing service the resort itself is simply outstanding. Our suite was beautifully decorated and stacked with all sorts of amenities. The beach/pool are were impeccable in cleanliness and the water was super warm, which made swimming on a 68 degree day real easy. also, unlike some other hotels, it didn't feel like we were in a museum or a convention center. My wife and I could watch the kids swim in the pool or play basketball on the nearby court from the comfort of our room.

All in all, by far our most relaxing and rewarding vacation ever. we can't wait to hopefully come back again next year!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
AcqualinaManagement, Managing Director at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Joshua,

Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to write about your experience.
The team and I are honored and humbled by your feedback as we strive daily to ensure excellence and giving the very best.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I am a mother of 3 beautiful girls and typically don't have the time to write reviews. But when you experience Aqualina you want to share it with the world.

Not only is your building a piece of art, but the staff at your hotel is what makes the difference! My family travels a lot because of my husbands work and we get to experience a lot of hotels and know that the time you spend with the staff is well noted. The ladies who cleaned our messy rooms! Thank you as girls can get messy, the gentlemen in the breakfast area who always welcomed us as though we were home, Giovanna my girls and I ADORE you Thank you for creating irreplaceable memories for my girls.

On the other hand, The construction is very visible while at the pool and beach but it should be done soon and when you have incomparable service like Aqualina you disregard the noise.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality and the team's commitment to excellence.

Managing Director

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!