Summary: Our family (30 something parents and 4 kids aged 4 - 11) stayed at the resort because Acqualina has been showing up on lists of best family resorts. It was an alternative to the Fontainebleau, which several friends have had mediocre experiences at recently. I am glad we tried out the resort; however, it was not sufficiently spectacular to consider a different location on our next trip to Miami. That doesn't mean we won't be back...just that we will consider other properties too. BTW, you might want to avoid this property until the construction next door is complete.
Staff - Excellent and they are everywhere. The training of the staff is probably the high point of the hotel.
Food Quality - Very good, especially the morning buffet.
Property - Tightly landlocked. Obviously, this resort sits on some of the most expensive property in the United States. It is 4.5 acres, so don't expect this to be a sprawling resort like Atlantis or The Breakers.
Location - Not bad. North of Bal Harbour and about 10 miles from South Beach. We were able to get to dinners in Coconut Grove and South Beach w/o issue.
Pretentiousness - Not bad. As you pull in the drive, you will probably notice ~10 Rolls-Royces and half dozen exotic sports cars parked out front. It sends a strong message, but I think that pretentiousness is left at the front door.
Kid's Club - Nice, but perhaps mildly oversold. I wouldn't suggest it for children 10 or over.
Ocean Access - Great
Pools - There are 3 of them. All are heated. One of them is adults only. The other two are fairly standard, with one being about 3x larger than the other. It's unfortunate that they didn't just combine the two pools into one grand pool b/c the current pools get boring for kids very fast. Also, they are building the Acqualina mansions next door, and the construction noise is pretty loud at the pools....even on Saturdays!
Room Finishing - On par with a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons
Wireless Internet - Disappointingly weak and intermittent
Pillows - Better than average
Mattresses - Too firm for my taste and actually gave me and my wife sore backs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted 2013 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, 2013 AAA Five Diamond Award for four consecutive years and 2012 Andrew Harper's Reader's Choice Award for Top 20 Beach and Family Resorts. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace and Restaurant and Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardrooms, and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering eleven multi-functional treatment rooms, four spa treatment rooms, and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Florida/Sunny Isles Beach