“First Class : Every Day Every Visit ..” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Offers & Announcements
Fourth Night On Us
Philadelphia, Pa
“First Class : Every Day Every Visit ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Multiple Visits At this point. Excellent accommodations and service that is consistent 24/7/365. Consistency is absolutely remarkable ! Same staff year in and year out .... Turn over must be close to nil ! Everyone is on the absolute top of their game.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Westchester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels in Miami. It makes for a very easy family vacation. Pool and beach has a terrific ambiance. You feel like you are in a posh villa in Italy. Hotel staff is super accommodating. They even offer a kids club which all my kids thoroughly enjoyed!

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We loved the resort. Stayed in a very large and beautiful oceanfront suite. Spent a day at the spa. It was fabulous. I had the most wonderful massage ever, from the sweetest woman. My friends enjoyed their facials and massages too. Overall, we had a very nice time. Only complaints I have are the sheets could be softer (aka: higher thread count, although I know I'm spoiled but at this rate, give your guests nicer sheets, please ;), the bar needs to stay open longer.... no night life there after 11pm, from what we saw. That's like a teenagers curfew, lol. So glad we went out in South beach otherwise we would have been really bored at night. The last con was a little mold in the shower and our balcony was nice in size but dipped down towards the rail which made all of us feel a little sick to stay out there too long. The ambiance, food, service from majority of the staff was all superb. I would go back... just might request different sheets/balcony.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay without an ocean front room, it was gorgeous.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is my 3rd. stay at the property and have incrementally increased my appreciation and respect for the General Manager (Sase Gjiorsovski) and his staff in its entirety w/each visit. They have consistently maintained my initial impression of the overall exceptional "old school European Class" in their services, and have equally impressed family members (who are now devoted guests) as well. My recent stay reflected the above mentioned standard in every way. And it should be noted that the extremely busy Passover/Spring break weekend w/perfect sunny weather had no detrimental effect whatsoever on the overall experience. Sase (Gen. Magr.) took time out to phone my UPGRADED room (please keep in mind the property was leased to FULL CAPACITY) to verify it was up to my standards as a Leading Hotel Member, personally met me under the 90deg. Miami sky ON THE BEACH to welcome me back to the property, had cold milk/cookies delivered w/a handwritten letter to my 7yr. old daughter welcoming her back, a separated letter addressed to me along w/a ball cap, designer soap/sponge in a tasteful gift bag and mineral water left daily for us. What else can I say.... I've recently spent my 40th. b-day in the World Famous Copacabana Palace (Rio de Janeiro) and the stellar service on that property is but a sparkle to the brilliant radiance of Acqualina Spa and Resort in Sunny Isles. Beach service, pool bar, breakfast staff (omelet station preparer remembered/delivered my order daily)/w the delicious fresh selections were all equally flawless... Planning a return trip in the next few months.....

PS- As I write this, I await delivery of my heavy 18k Gold chain (w/three charms) which I left outside the steam room at the Spa.... Of course the conscientious employee "Miguel" turned it in right away to security, which promptly arranged delivery via Fed Ex and e-mailed me the tracking number while I was STILL ON MY WAY HOME!!.... BRAVO....Need I say more?! :)

Room Tip: High floor, either side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

When I booked this hotel I didn't read any comments, and now having read all these negative comments I understand that was a right decision otherwise I wouldn't have booked it.
We stayed at the Acqualina for 7 nights, and we plan to come back again. We liked everything about it, the check-in, staff service, concierge, etc. Upon arrival our room was upgraded to one-bedroom ocean front suit, we don't know why, but maybe because we were on our honeymoon, the staff fulfilled all our requests friendly, we need golf course, ok, no problem, we need reservation for dinner, no, problem, we need to cancel our reservation, no problem, we need to change the time of our appointment at the spa, ok, no problem though it's not provided by their cancelation policy. The Italian restaurant was very nice.
This is the first time I'm writing my review though we travel a lot, but I just can't believe that all those negative reviews are about the Aqualina.

Room Tip: We stayed at 803B, it was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This resort is extremely disappointing. Service is poor and the staff not familiar with how to treat customers. Non way this deserves even one star. They even billed me for an extra night which took three days to get reversed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at Acqualina in a 1 bedroom oceanfront suite for a 4 day trip. I will begin my review with the negative aspects of my stay. When I checked into hotel, I was initially greeted as MRS X, questioned when MR X would be arriving then asked for ID. I presented my passport & then I was OHHHHH, MISS X (last name different) & asked for my credit card. They had MR X's credit card on file & it really didn't matter to me if they needed my credit card, however, the woman's tone went from normal to condescending like I up to something deviant or a hooker. I informed her that reservation was made directly on the phone w/ Aqualina reservationist & she responded to that with, "OH, MR X must've made reservation on the internet somewhere." While I realize these front desk people must deal with all kinds of situations I felt as though I was dealing with the Spanish Inquisition- this pissed me off & handed over my Amex. When we checked out the front desk asked which AMEX to charge the bill- proof they had other Amex on file.

After my uncomfortable check-in, I went up to my suite. The light in the toilet room was broken & I didn't notice the room was full of toilet bowl water from a leak. I was kinda shocked no one checked the room prior to check-in to make sure in order. Front desk sent up housekeeping & repair guy. Housekeeping asked what they could do to make it better- I told them cleaning my dirty toilet water jeans would be fantastic. They were able to clean my jeans & have it back up to the room in about 3 hrs- nice. I noticed they charged 10 bucks on our final bill for this service which they later took off when we complained- it's not like 10 bucks will break the bank but they should not have thrown it on the final tab in the 1st place- c'mon people.

We had a group of cougars in the room adjacent to ours during our stay & we knew they were a group of cougars because there was ZERO soundproofing between the adjoining door in our living room mini-bar area & their bedroom. We were able to hear their conversations crystal clear which shouldn't have been the case. Our bathtub had a nice picture window, however, the shades did not come down- only a valance for decorative purposes. I didn't realize until I stood on my balcony that I was able to see the bathtub below me & my adjacent neighbors had the same ability to see into my bathroom. I'm not some kinda European exhibitionist, so this was not particularly appealing. The shower also had black mold in spots.

We enjoyed Acqualina's room service & our dinner at Il Mulino. We really didn't have the opportunity to use the beach & pool facilities since it was overcast, however, it looked very nice. I did notice a lot of kids running around & had a lunch with a screaming kid at the table next to me, so I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend. The spa was very nice & peaceful. The car service to the Bal Habour Mall was a nice perk.

Overall this was just a weird experience for the price- or any price really. I could see how this hotel would be good for families & kids but it's really not for couples. I'll probably either go back to the Setai on South Beach or try the St. Regis in Bal Harbour for my next long Miami weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AcqualinaManagement, General Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear gabrielle c,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have tried to reach you as I would personally like to speak to you.

We value the safety and privacy of all of our guests and therefore require valid identification upon arrival and the corresponding method of payment. I sincerely apologize if the manner in which this request was relayed was dissatisfying.

Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Engineering staff and measures have been implemented to prevent a future recurrence of what you experienced in your suite.

Acqualina, while being a very family friendly resort, also offers the opportunity for adults to relax in a private environment as we do offer the Tranquility Pool (adults only) as well as the Acqualina Spa by ESPA Private Pool Deck and roman waterfall Jacuzzi.

Please do not hesitate to contact me as I still hope to speak to you further about your experiences during your stay with us and would like to possibly make arrangements for a future visit to our resort.

Sase Gjorsovski

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!