“The apt complex is awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club

Save Saved
You added Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club to your Saves list
Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   16900 North Bay Road, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Pensacola, Florida
“The apt complex is awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place is so unorganized. they cannot decide if they want to be apartments or a hotel stay. Entrance is poorly designed in which it is easily jammed and you are left waiting 10 minutes or more to get into the complex. Wish I could give this a zero. I have had my identity stolen thanks to this place. Someone has attempted to open several credit cards in my name thanks to management. They leave your paperwork easily displayed in unlocked rooms, which anyone can obtain your information. Maintenance never came when things were broken. A/C broke and I was informed A/C is not meant to cool off room lesser than 73 degrees. Paying a lot for the bare minimum appliances, in which worked badly. Stove would sometimes switch from baking to broiling. My Refrigerator would constantly leak water. Dishwasher never washed dishes. It was a decent location but management is awful. Hidden fees at the end, so good luck getting your security deposit back. Called them after I left the facility and was informed I would be getting my security deposit in 15-20 days. Called 20 days later to find out that you have to personally hassle them or you will not be getting your check. HIGHLY recommend looking elsewhere. Don't let appearance deceive you, too. I just needed a place while I was at a nearby clinical for school.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

most of the reviews are about right. its misleadingly sold and too expensive for what it is. a very long walk from the beach.

this is an apartment being let by a separate company and not by the people that manage the rest of the building and the residency club.

the pictures may be right for other apartments. but ours had no view other than to the street and parked cars.

they did not have enough pool passes and instructed us to wait by the door to the pool area and go in when other people were coming out. jokers. once inside the pool area is fine, pool heated, and well equipped gym (again managed by 'real' residency club).

terrible sofa bed. worse nights sleep ever.

still have no idea why we booked it. other than it was a bit cheaper than others. wasn't even on the sea side. still had to drive to get to the beach.

do yourself a favour and keep looking for other options.

Room Tip: keep looking
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is a rip off. The horrible management that doesn't respond to anything. The dirty stink garage that is infested with dog poop and pee. The security does nothing at all. The head if security is a liar and the so called security cameras never work. Vehicles are being stolen from the "secured" parking garage and there is never any video tape to help retrieve or even catch the criminals. Maintenance comes when they feel like it, then they don't fix anything. The management scams people to move in with a half way your showing them only what they want them to see. They let drug dealers move in and this causes other unsavory characters to hang around the property. There are fights and apartment break ins and there isn't any notification put up by management to at least let the tenants know these things are happening. You pay for a parking spot and if there is someone else in your spot after your long work day you have to pay valet to park. This is a horrible place. Poorly managed and the owners need to seriously do an assessment of the people they have running this establishment and rethink the direction they are going with it because if it keeps going this way it's going to be equivalent to the slums. Beautiful location I really hope it turns around.

• Stayed October 2013
Lahti, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed with my wife 6 nights on 2012.
Apartment was nice and overall ok. On the service point of view there is nothing to tell.
You get the room keys etc from the entrance guard and you return you card when leaving, that’s all service what you are going to get. Parking including you apartment rate.
Outside pool was great and gym was also very good.
Location is good if you have rental car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A handful of friends and I stayed here for Spring Break weekend and it was the worst decision we ever made. Let me begin with the most important thing, the rooms have cockroaches. The first day we were there one of the girls we stayed with said she saw one in the closet but we all disregarded her. I really wish we wouldn't have. It was a few days later when we all came back to the room and turned the light on to find cockroaches crawling up the walls. The nightstands were not cleaned out and the people before us left some kind of sticky food in the draws which attracted ants. It was literally a house full of bugs. We then realized why we probably got such a good deal on the place. The place itself is actually very nice on the outside and the pool was beautiful. However, the staff was not accommodating at all. I am a pretty easy going person but when I say they were terrible I truly mean it. Each time we tried to talk to someone in person they would walk passed us or tell us they will send someone to speak to us, which they never did. They had no explanation about the bugs and said they never received a complaint like that before, yet when we came home and did some more research on the place we found reviews about people stating they saw cockroaches as well. One of our toilets wasn't working upon arriving and it took five repeated phone calls and hours later before anybody came. All I can is don't be fooled by the exterior like we were and make a decision you will regret.

• Stayed March 2013
Sunny Isles, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I live in the intracoastal yacht club.
I know who the Elite City Stays were. Thankfully - NO MORE. They were crooks and their approach for doing business did not help the community a bit.
Our community is very good. If you book through the booking.com or other "hotel sites" you would be disappointed. It is a residential community, not a hotel, so please, do not expect any of the hotel services. But if you put yourself aside from that, and you would like to enjoy the surroundings - it is a best place you will ever find.
There are number of companies that rent "short term" here and it all depends on your taste and your budget. You can find anything from *** to *****.
Most of the places in Sunny Isles won't allow short term rent, regardless of what you hear. Here you won't feel "somebody's relatives".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Haapsalu, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I preface my review by stating that I needed a hotel to accomodate my three daughters, my sister
and myself for the second half of March. I contacted a hotel in Sunny Isles that I stayed in before,
a Hilton. They had a nice beach, a swimming pool the size of a large bath tub, a very minimal
breakfast and most annoying to me, in any hotel, they charged for Wi-Fi and had a daily valet
parking fee of $27. Which is annoying not just for the money, but everytime you needed your
car, Murphy's Law, everyone else needed theirs so you sat and waited and then were expected
to give a tip. So when I called them back to ask if they had a room available, they said yes but
their rate had practically doubled which they explained had to do with the fact that this was the
Easter holiday.

Alot of the other beachfront hotels in Sunny Isles, at least the high-rise ones, had similar rates,
that is to say, outrageously high. So when you add the Florida tax and the valet parking, you are
really overpaying. Which brought me to Intracoastal Residences. I knew the location, which is
good. Its a short walk to Collins Avenue, the main street where there is local access to the beach. A two bedroom suite was reasonably priced, parking and Wi-Fi was free. There was a
fully equipped kitchen, and free access to a spa and swimming pool. So my next step was to
read the reviews. Unfortunately, they were mostly negative and some were extremely negative.
They had to do with the lack of customer service, more the non-responsiveness of management.
So I wrote an email to them and got a very prompt response which basically said, yes, they were
aware of certain shortcomings but they had made improvements. And if I wasnt satisfied, I could
cancel my reservation. So I braced myself and took the plunge.

One thing to understand about this place is that it isnt a hotel in your standard definition of the
term. Most of the units are long term rentals. This Intracoastal is a business within a business.
They own a handful of units which they rent on short-term basis and that is why the people you
would ordinarily speak to at a hotel where you need something, have nothing to do with Intracoastal. Which can make solving a problem a bit daunting.

We arrived to Fort Lauderdale late from New York so we didnt arrive until well after midnight.
There is a guardhouse at the gate who gave us an envelope with our keys and instructions for
the free internet. We drove up to the front door, were greeted by a very pleasant Cuban boy
(most of the staff is Cuban and/or Latin American, quite charming and helpful).

The next day I discovered they had forgotten to include a pass key to the pool and spa. And
so for the next several days I had a hellish experience. I talked to alot of people, got alot of
promises, no action. The height of frustration. Exactly what had been written in the reviews.

Also, if you are a stickler for cleanliness ( my daughters all are) then Residences has a way to
go. Our shower had the same mildew as a previous reviewer had complained about. The rugs
were a bit shabby and needed a good steam cleaning. So this is what was sub-par. What was
good?

The swimming pool and spa on the fifth floor is excellent. Big area, big pool, modern spa with
all conceivable kinds of machines. And long hours from early morning to late evening. The room
we had was big and the beds comfortable and the view of the intracoastal was lovely. But the
best of all was that this management had the good sense to hire JoAnn, a lovely, smart Puerto
Rican woman from New York whose job it is to put things back into normal order. She's highly
organized, polite and efficient. When I finally found out where her office was and told her about
the swimming pool/spa access card, I had it immediately. She gave me hers! Needed fresh
towels? Done. Any other problem? It got solved. And thankfully so because this place has alot
of things going for it and simple good management will make all these bad reviews go away.

There is no breakfast nor restaurant here but we didnt mind it at all. We love breakfast at
Denny's or Epicure, both on Collins Avenue. And fresh fruit in Florida this time of year is just
wonderful, so the frig was always full of watermelon, canteloupe, etc. etc.

The parket valets were always courteous and it took just minutes to get your car. The neighborhood is real nice, quiet and green and walking 10 minutes to the beach is good for you.
And when you consider the rate they charge which includes the Wi-Fi and free parking, Intracoastal is a good deal. And it seemed to me that there are people working there who really
want the place to be better and provide a good vacation memory. The proof: my daughters,
sister and I all felt we would return.

Room Tip: Ask for Building 2, room 910
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club? Share your experiences!