“Needs Work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club

Save Saved
You added Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club to your Saves list
Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   16900 North Bay Road, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Detroit, Michigan
“Needs Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not that picky when it comes to hotels; I normally take the reviews at face value and try to give the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, this could truly be a decent place to stay if they paid attention to detail.

Mildewed shower - unacceptable. Take the time to use Tilex once in a while - it goes a long way.

Clogged dryer vent - again, take the time to make sure the appliances are in good working order. It's a huge annoyance to have spent the money on laundry supplies only to find out the dryer will not dry the clothes.

Wi-fi did not work. When we called down, they offered to leave a message for someone, but we never got a call back.

The valet is annoying, especially if you leave something in the car.

No extra garbage bags, dish soap, or dish towels.

I get that these are condo apartments, but for the cost, I expected a lot more; it's a shame because it truly is a nice place in a nice location. I feel if you're going to advertise on the major travel sites, you should have your stuff together.

• Stayed March 2013

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

As others have pointed out and warned, this is not a real hotel, but a few units owned by City Elite Stays. The larger property looks very nice driving up, but once inside you can tell this was a "busted condo deal" gone bad. We had a large 3 bedroom unit; but found it to be dirty, dirty dirty, and unsafe - the door and slider did not lock property. Customer service is a real issue. We gave a cash deposit at check in (after waiting 30 minutes for someone to show up). When it was time to leave there was no one at the office so we could not get our money back. Again we waited 30 minutes but no one helped out. I am surprised that the major travel sites continuee to do business with City Elite.

Room Tip: Rooms with City Elite Stay should be avoided.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Need I say more?
Apartment I -504. Dont know if its a problem in all the rental apartments in this building or was it just my luck, but this apartment is a
Dirty , bugs infested apartment.
I never waited to leave a hotel as much. Couldn't sleep at night , must have killed 30 cockroaches of different sizes.
Kitchen, dining room table, carpet, bathroom. You name it.
Had to throw all the food we bought. We practically spent 90% of the time outdoors .
The toilet at one of the bathrooms was constantly running water, stains on bathroom floors, mildew everywhere, filthy !!!!!
I'm not one of those people who complain , but I have to say this was a disaster.
I called to complain and was promised someone would call at working hours. Still haven't heard back.
The most disappointing stay I ever had :(

• Stayed January 2013
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I and a few of our friends rented a 3 bedroom condo here from November 28th to December 2nd before we got on our cruise.

Condo: The condo itself was in okay condition. There were 3 bedrooms one with a king bed, one with a queen and one with 2 twins and 2 bathrooms. We were on the 22nd floor and the view was breath taking. It had a full kitchen, dining room table, living room, washer and dryer, free wifi and the kitchen came fully stocked with equipment such as a coffee maker, toaster etc.

Location: The area is Sunny Isles which is about 25 minutes away from South Beach. We rented a car so we didn't mind the distance.

Staff: Non existent, they are only there Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.If you need anything after those hours you are out of luck. If you go down to the front desk they will tell you they cannot help you. They gave us a form with a number to call if we have any questions and we called the number and they said they cannot assist us we have to wait until Monday (which defeats the purposes as we would be gone by Monday). The toilet bowl handle in one of the bathrooms was not working and unfortunately we couldn't get it fixed.

Valet Parking: This complex requires valet parking which is such as hassle.It would be much better if you could simply park your own car. The valet people are unorganized and gave one lady the key to someone Else's car.

Pool & Gym: The pool and gym were on the 5th floor and both very nice, big and clean.

Check out: We had to give our 2 keys and pool card to the security guard and that was considered checking out.

Overall: The condo itself was nice, but I wouldn't stay here again. There are far more places with better customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Unfortunately we have rented here and its' now month two and I must say this is the worst apartment building I have ever lived in. You hear everything including the people upstairs, next to you and beside you. From balcony doors slamming to footsteps constantly above you this is by far the worst building EVER. Do not rent or even think about staying here. The building smells, the leasing agents BS you into renting here and the valets could care less about you or hardly even speak english besides hola. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: yea, don't get one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
München, Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel/residences was/were very nice. It was a 1 bedroom location with a living room and a open-space kitchen. We were located on the 25th floor and the view was more than nice, the AC noise of the surrounding building is a bit higher on the upper levels but still ok. The complex had also a swimming pool and fitnes center.

If you like to do sightseeing from the hotel I would recommend a car as it is pretty far to Miami (Beach).

Room Tip: I would recommend the upper floors between the 15th and the 25th because the nice view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here last year with no real issues. The apartment was clean but the residence itself was really lacking. This year was a whole new experience - the WORST! One of our keys being to another room. I called the number on our email confirmation from Elite city stays but,lines were busy left a message. No return call left another message - in response - left another message. Attempted to go to the pool - access card doesn't work. Was given another number by the residence to Elite stays but voicemail left message called the number from previous day - answering service apparently there phones are very busy. I could not take it. I yelled at the service and then sent another email and finally at day 2 a call back. Apologies were made key corrected and new access card. And don't let me forget to mention the phantom business office on the third floor with dirty laundry laying all over the hall. Didn't try the access card till the next day because of rain but big surprise - IT DOES NOT WORK! Back to calling the very busy office and leaving messages and calling cellphones with only voicemails! And sending emails - I just want to use the pool! Thank God for the people at the residence who have nothing to do with elite stays were nice enough to activate the access card because Elite Stays never bothered to contact me. Don't let me forget to mention no hot water - roach in the tub and ripped up carpeting.
This was a complete joke!!! Elite Stays is lacking in customer service skills big time. Alot of this did not have to happen if a company operated their business in a professional manner. Take some pride in your work and operate in some integrity.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club? Share your experiences!