“No type of customer service!(Especially in Valet)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club

Save Saved
You added Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club to your Saves list
Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   16900 North Bay Road, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Miami, Florida
“No type of customer service!(Especially in Valet)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here with a group of my friends for the weekend about a month ago for my birthday. The actual room itself was nice, a bit plain but clean and efficient with a nice view. Its about a 10 min walk from the beach and their pool area is nice as well. The security was very friendly. However we didn't get our pool key until the next day. Now what messed up my whole experience with this place was the situation with the valet service. First of all there is no other way to park unless it's through valet. I went in a family member's car since it was a group of us and as we were about to leave to get groceries, the valet driver bringing the car to us failed to put the car in Park and as he was getting out, the car reversed and the driver door hit a wall post. I understand that accidents happen but the part that added fuel to the fire was that the valet driver got out the car and handed me the key and walked away as if nothing happened.... When I got in the car I tried to shut the door and it only closed halfway because the edge of it had been pushed into the car's fender, thats when I realized that the thump sound I heard while I waited was the accident caused by the valet person Reinaldo. I got out the car and asked him about it and he said that he didn't think it had been a big deal and that's why he didn't say anything. The situation got worse because they had no idea on how to handle this. They ended up calling the valet manager JC Martinez and he pretty much left it to where they were telling us that we should try to just continue on our shopping errands with the door like that. REALLY???!! JC was beyond rude to my friend who was on the phone with him and hung up the phone on her without advising anything. We ended up making a police report and then the manager told the valet guy to advise us that it would be handled Monday, since the offices were closed, but still there was no empathy on how they could help us to continue our weekend with some type of transportation. It wasn't until we made a BIG commotion with the cop there and everything that they offered to at least temporarily fix the door so that it would close even if it wasn't completely aligned.... It was just horrible we were there for a good 2 hours in the rain while they gave us the run around. It definitely felt as if they were trying to take advantage of us since we were just a group of girls hanging out. On Monday morning, we spent our last moments there waiting for the valet manager JC and he ended up giving us the wrong number to the insurance who was going to handle our claim from there. We ended up finding the phone number online during my work time and the booking agent manager helped me get in contact with the insurance agent as well. I wrote a complaint to the manager of the building, Mariano, and asked for a response acknowledging the letter and I am still waiting for a response and its already been a month since my trip there. Thank God I was around a great group of friends that made the experience awesome but the actual residence should question the way it tries to present itself and its employees as such a friendly hotel environment setting. I am truly disgusted by how poorly our situation was handled by a so called professional business. I wouldn't recommend for someone to stay here if they are looking for ANY TYPE of hotel attention during their stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had booked a 2 bedroom appartment for 6 persons and I got a one room appartment! We were 5 and had to sleep 3 in one bed and 2 on the sofa bed which was not comfortable! There were cockroaches. It was very disgusting!

The problem was that You get a key in the entrance as You check in which You are supposed to give back when check out!

They don't know anything about the appartments and they give You a number for any complaints which does not function during weekends or after hours. As we got there on Friday and left on Monday I could not contact anybody!!

My cousin who also reserved the same got his 2 bed appartment and he was realy satisfied in a large and clean appartment.

So I guess its You and your luck with the appartment You fall in!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had a great stay here for 3 nights in July. Check-in was prompt, got our keys to the apartment upon arrival at the front gate.

Rooms are clean, spacious and has a nice view. We rented a 3-bedrooms apartment and did not experience any trouble with that as some previous reviews mentioned. People at the front gate were friendly and helpful.

Pros:
- Spacious
- Good price (we paid around $160/night for a 3-bedroom)
- Has everything you need in an apartment (kitchen, dining area, balcony, washing machine, iron ++)
- Nice neighborhood and close to things like Aventura Mall, Bal Harbour and some restaurants around

Cons:
- A bit far from South Beach, about 30 minutes drive
- Parking is valet only making it a bit more time consuming getting in and out or getting stuff from your car
- Not the best beds or pillows, but works fine

I would recommend this place and will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Do not stay here! This is a residential apartment block under the guise of a "hotel".

You will receive your key from a security guard at the gate, this person has no authority regarding your room.

The information about the hotel on the internet is untrue. There is no 24 front desk. The office, in another building, is only available 9-5pm. The people at the front desk are NOT THERE TO HELP YOU. They are only at their desks to sell apartments. They can only give you a phone number or ask you to call your booking agent.

Internet advertising claims "furnished balconies and rooms open to water views". Our balcony was completely devoid of any table or chairs and our view was of the freeway!

Pillowtop mattresses advertised - untrue. Beds are lumpy.

The room furnishing not as advertised on the internet. Ours was old and out of date. The carpet was disgusting with stains and crumbs on the floor. Bathrooms dirty.

Should you require the sofa bed you will need to dress it yourself and move all the furniture to another part of the room to make way for the sofa bed. Our sofa bed was so uncomfortable that my child requested to sleep directly on the sofa instead. There was only one extra sheet available and one blanket.

The Valet do not help with luggage, parking only. Ladies beware they are sleazy.

The pool key was not available when we arrived, hot and sweaty, we were unable to use the pool until a key was available the next day! This was the same for other guests we had met.

Noisy washer, noisy dryer, noisy air conditioner, freeway noise!

If we cancelled we would have still been charged for the room, this is the only reason we stayed. We couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was scheduled to stay at this location from 7/2/12 to 7/5/12 and had to end up staying at the Eden Roc Renaissance Hotel . The tub was dirty, towel racks was hanging off the walls, and the carpet was extremely dirty. I went to talk to the office personnel only to find out that there was no one there the whole time I was there. That’s probably why I had to get the keys from the guard shack with instructions in an envelope. I would suggest that you find a better place to stay that is worth your money.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay. It’s not worth the money.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was a little bit concerned about this condo rental after reading all of the reviews. I will say that it is not so bad at all. Keep in mind that this is a condo association, and not a hotel. So if you don't mind cooking your own food, making your own bed, and cleaning up after yourself, then this is a good place. The check-in process was very easy. All I did was hand over my ID, they gave me an envelope with two keys and pool access card. We pulled up to valet and and handed the keys over to the guy. One of the valet attendants got a cart and helped us to our room and even put our luggage inside for us. He gave us a brief run down of the area, pointing out supermarkets, restaurants, and beach access. The room was okay, I just wish they had more contemporary furniture, but then again, I'm only here a few days so whatever. There is a welcome packet in the room that has all the information you need about the property, including the Wi-Fi password. The pool area is very nice and the jacuzzi is pretty relaxing. There are gas grills on the pool deck if you are in the mood for grilled steaks to go along with a nice view of the bay. All of the suites have good views of the Sunny Isles area and the property is located only a block from the beach. The only time we used our car was to go to Key Biscayne, Gulf Stream Casino, and Aventura Mall. Long story short, if you want people to pick up after you and provide extra services, then don't come here. But if you don't mind picking up after yourself and not having to worry about who is coming in your room flipping through your things, then this is the place for you. My kids, husband, and myself had a wonderful time and plan on coming again next summer with the in-laws.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind that these are self serve condos. If you go in expecting 24 hour concierge and hou...
Inverness, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

First, check-in is getting an envelope with instructions from the guard shack. Don't look for someone to help with luggage you will not find anyone. Your told that Valet is mandatory even though they only move your vehicle 20'. Not one Valet spoke English making getting your car a nightmare. The room was nice and spacious with a huge balcony (that had NO furniture). Master shower didn't drain so you stand in water 6" deep. Walk around enough and you are sure to find some (DOG, leftovers). Next to us the tenants had a dog and they just let the dog go on the balcony. Met a nice man who was raising RABBITS, YES RABBITS. The pool and jacuzzi close at 8PM. There are 2 great pool tables and nice flat screen TV's in clubhouse. If you want to shoot pool call 30 minutes ahead because it takes every bit of that to get a set of pool balls. (OH, and I had to BUY my own pool stick) because they'res were on order. I could go on but its is not worth it. If your planning on staying here you had better think twice. The night of the Final Miami Heat Basketball game after the Heat won residents were outside yelling, screaming, banging pots and pans and even launching fireworks off their balconies. They have an office that had a sign on it daily telling you they were sorry the office will be closed tomorrow. Kind of like that sign that says "Free beer tomorrow" NOT happening! The photos I've posted are actual. I stand by them 100%. This place is a DUMP!!!

Room Tip: Best rooms are any other hotel in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club? Share your experiences!