I stayed here with a group of my friends for the weekend about a month ago for my birthday. The actual room itself was nice, a bit plain but clean and efficient with a nice view. Its about a 10 min walk from the beach and their pool area is nice as well. The security was very friendly. However we didn't get our pool key until the next day. Now what messed up my whole experience with this place was the situation with the valet service. First of all there is no other way to park unless it's through valet. I went in a family member's car since it was a group of us and as we were about to leave to get groceries, the valet driver bringing the car to us failed to put the car in Park and as he was getting out, the car reversed and the driver door hit a wall post. I understand that accidents happen but the part that added fuel to the fire was that the valet driver got out the car and handed me the key and walked away as if nothing happened.... When I got in the car I tried to shut the door and it only closed halfway because the edge of it had been pushed into the car's fender, thats when I realized that the thump sound I heard while I waited was the accident caused by the valet person Reinaldo. I got out the car and asked him about it and he said that he didn't think it had been a big deal and that's why he didn't say anything. The situation got worse because they had no idea on how to handle this. They ended up calling the valet manager JC Martinez and he pretty much left it to where they were telling us that we should try to just continue on our shopping errands with the door like that. REALLY???!! JC was beyond rude to my friend who was on the phone with him and hung up the phone on her without advising anything. We ended up making a police report and then the manager told the valet guy to advise us that it would be handled Monday, since the offices were closed, but still there was no empathy on how they could help us to continue our weekend with some type of transportation. It wasn't until we made a BIG commotion with the cop there and everything that they offered to at least temporarily fix the door so that it would close even if it wasn't completely aligned.... It was just horrible we were there for a good 2 hours in the rain while they gave us the run around. It definitely felt as if they were trying to take advantage of us since we were just a group of girls hanging out. On Monday morning, we spent our last moments there waiting for the valet manager JC and he ended up giving us the wrong number to the insurance who was going to handle our claim from there. We ended up finding the phone number online during my work time and the booking agent manager helped me get in contact with the insurance agent as well. I wrote a complaint to the manager of the building, Mariano, and asked for a response acknowledging the letter and I am still waiting for a response and its already been a month since my trip there. Thank God I was around a great group of friends that made the experience awesome but the actual residence should question the way it tries to present itself and its employees as such a friendly hotel environment setting. I am truly disgusted by how poorly our situation was handled by a so called professional business. I wouldn't recommend for someone to stay here if they are looking for ANY TYPE of hotel attention during their stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club by East Coast Corporate Housing is an exclusive high-rise residential style property with luxury resort amenities offering extra-large 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condo style residences including a plethora of amenities for your enjoyment. All of course, free of charge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residences At Intracoastal Yacht Club Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Residences At Intracoastal Yacht Club Florida/Sunny Isles Beach