“Not So Bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club

You added Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club to your Saves list
Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   16900 North Bay Road, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not So Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was a little bit concerned about this condo rental after reading all of the reviews. I will say that it is not so bad at all. Keep in mind that this is a condo association, and not a hotel. So if you don't mind cooking your own food, making your own bed, and cleaning up after yourself, then this is a good place. The check-in process was very easy. All I did was hand over my ID, they gave me an envelope with two keys and pool access card. We pulled up to valet and and handed the keys over to the guy. One of the valet attendants got a cart and helped us to our room and even put our luggage inside for us. He gave us a brief run down of the area, pointing out supermarkets, restaurants, and beach access. The room was okay, I just wish they had more contemporary furniture, but then again, I'm only here a few days so whatever. There is a welcome packet in the room that has all the information you need about the property, including the Wi-Fi password. The pool area is very nice and the jacuzzi is pretty relaxing. There are gas grills on the pool deck if you are in the mood for grilled steaks to go along with a nice view of the bay. All of the suites have good views of the Sunny Isles area and the property is located only a block from the beach. The only time we used our car was to go to Key Biscayne, Gulf Stream Casino, and Aventura Mall. Long story short, if you want people to pick up after you and provide extra services, then don't come here. But if you don't mind picking up after yourself and not having to worry about who is coming in your room flipping through your things, then this is the place for you. My kids, husband, and myself had a wonderful time and plan on coming again next summer with the in-laws.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind that these are self serve condos. If you go in expecting 24 hour concierge and hou...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Inverness, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

First, check-in is getting an envelope with instructions from the guard shack. Don't look for someone to help with luggage you will not find anyone. Your told that Valet is mandatory even though they only move your vehicle 20'. Not one Valet spoke English making getting your car a nightmare. The room was nice and spacious with a huge balcony (that had NO furniture). Master shower didn't drain so you stand in water 6" deep. Walk around enough and you are sure to find some (DOG, leftovers). Next to us the tenants had a dog and they just let the dog go on the balcony. Met a nice man who was raising RABBITS, YES RABBITS. The pool and jacuzzi close at 8PM. There are 2 great pool tables and nice flat screen TV's in clubhouse. If you want to shoot pool call 30 minutes ahead because it takes every bit of that to get a set of pool balls. (OH, and I had to BUY my own pool stick) because they'res were on order. I could go on but its is not worth it. If your planning on staying here you had better think twice. The night of the Final Miami Heat Basketball game after the Heat won residents were outside yelling, screaming, banging pots and pans and even launching fireworks off their balconies. They have an office that had a sign on it daily telling you they were sorry the office will be closed tomorrow. Kind of like that sign that says "Free beer tomorrow" NOT happening! The photos I've posted are actual. I stand by them 100%. This place is a DUMP!!!

Room Tip: Best rooms are any other hotel in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

When you reach the place it is imposible not to notice the entrance land mark saying IntraCoastal Yacht Club - THE FIVE STARS ACOMMODATION, but... because I reach the hotel after 4 pm the security guy checked me in - he gave me an anvelope with the keys for the suite and valet parking permit. Everything was perfect.... untill I opened the door of the suite. What I forgot to mention is that I booked a LUXURY 2 BEDROOM CONDO SUITE.....what I receveid ... a BIG disappointment. The suite looks like a cheap interstate motel room. Cigaret smell, dirty floor and the bathrooms... my wife went out to Publix to buy Lysol and desinfect the bathroom so we can use it. They do not have a reception but I called the customer service and complained about the issues. They promised me that in the morning somebody will call me back to solve the complain. Untill 11.30 next day no one call me. They did not give me the card wich provide acces to the pool and all other facilities untill I got in the office of operation manager. The story is too long for this place but they agree to change my suite so, at 1.00 pm I saw another one, more like the one I was looking for. When you have 3 kids you look for comfort and clean stuff. Can you imagine what I choose? I chek out. My decision was based on the fact that I found kitchen bugs and the hall was smelling pretty bad because of the trash shute. The A/C units are very noisy and somebody in the vecinity just can not stay quiet at 1.00 am.
I had time to chek the sorroundings and I found myself in a good location, very close to the beach, close to supermarkets, restaurants and the view from my floor was excellent.

Room Tip: If you like adventure choose this location.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed in this apartment for 2 nights. Valet parking was included in the fare. My children and I stayed in the 25th floor. We could see the bay and the sea from our balcony (partial view). It had a nice balcony with table and chairs.
The apartment is nice, so is the furniture. The bathroom is fine (has a few dark stains on the floor) and it looks poorly remodelled.
It has a noisy washer and dryer in the unit, and noisy AC, 2 flat screen tv's with DVD player and WIFI connection. The complex has a big pool, a gym and small grocery shop near the lobby. We arrived on the 4th of july and there was an envelope with the keys and the valet parking permit, waiting for us in the security gate. That was our check in. The valet parking guy told us where the apartment was. We used the express checkout and left the key in the security gate on our way out.
You are a 5 min walk away from the beach and close to lots of shops, Publix, and stores. A little more than 5 minutes away from Aventura Shopping Mall (in car) which is nice!
The beach in that area is not as pretty as in Collins @ 6000 (in my opinion). Somehow, the sand was different and it smelled strong, like old algae.
Even though it was not expensive, I would not give this residence a 4 star rating, just like the booking page did.
Overall, it was nice and good for the price. The best thing: location.

Room Tip: I had room 2509 (the highest floor) and it had a nice view.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Comparairing rates of hotels in Miami to this flat, it worths to stay there therefore you have much more space, free parking, free internet and very pleasant location.
The residence has no service, no reception, no informations at all. If you know the area and don´t need this things, it´s convenient to be guest there. Otherwise don´t. Most of the people there are residents.
We stayed in a 2 bedrooms flat, clean, spacious, confortable, gorgeous view.
If you are first coming to Miami don´t stay there.
I will.

Room Tip: High floor - better view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family of 8 booked and stayed here in June of 2012. We came to vacation and attend a family member's high school graduation. Upon entering the driveway, we were stopped by a security gate. This is where you "check-in". They hand you an evelope with keys and room information. No one ever personally called or visited to check and make sure all was well. Very nice look and feel from the outside. The view from the room was gorgeous at night. The complimentary "valet" is actually MANDATORY. You are not at all allowed to park your own car. The valets are rude and act like they really don't want to park your car. It sounded nice at first, but it gets rather annoying once you want to come and go often, especially since the valet guys aren't friendly. There was an awful smell on our floor. It wasn't in the room, but all throughout the hallway. It was there daily. The room was not CLEAN. It had an appearance of clean, but was half done! The flooring in the apt. hallway was bulging, and there were stains in one of the bathroom's floor. All of the dishes were nasty and the refrigerator wasn't very clean. The hot water for showers didn't stay hot, so that became annoying as well especially since there were 8 of us. You are given a keycard pass for access to the pool and gym area. Our access card only worked the first day we were there. The other times staff had to buzz us in the area. To top it all off, the VALET STOLE $$$$$$ from the car and when confronted, they all acted like they didn't know anything. The police were called and a report was filed. We will NOT stay here again nor do we recommend anyone else to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here with another couple before our Caribbean cruise and I was a little concerned after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor. But we were pleasantly surprised. Entrance was impressive, keys handed to us at security gate, then you are on your own. Weren't sure what building to go in but the valet was helpful. Very impressed with the room, large, two big bedrooms, two decent bathrooms with toiletries including toothpaste and mouthwash! and balcony with amazing views on both sides from the 9th floor. Kitchen fully fitted with dishwasher, washer and dryer. Convenience store on ground floor. Lovely warm pool in beautiful surroundings which we had mainly to ourselves most days. Ten minutes walk to beautiful beach, shopping plaza and restaurants nearby. Didn't want a car this time but used the bus from Collins Ave which go anywhere for 2Usd each.. Also shuttle buses up and down for 25 cents. We went to South Beach - 45 minutes. On the down side there was no furniture on the balcony - used dining chairs, one sofa bed in living room, no other comfortable seating for four adults! We had torrential rain and thunderstorms which stopped us going out for dinner one night so decided to cook pizza bought from the convenience store. But the oven didn't work. Got a neighbour to look at it in case we were doing something wrong but it seems it was locked so couldn't be used. Managed to cook pizza on griddle pan and in microwave. On the last day we did some washing before our cruise, washer excellent but dryer didn't dry even after nearly 3 hours! It would help if the owner could leave a book with instructions on how to use appliances, where facilities are ( pool, gym, spa, shop, beach, attractions, etc) we found all these things just by exploring, and also any instructions for getting rid of garbage, we just left a weeks worth at the end. These problems didn't spoil our stay and we could laugh about the cooking, but without these minor problems the stay would have been even better. On the whole it was a good week and if we couldn't stay right on the beach another time we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2910 which had good views so a room similar to this would be good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club? Share your experiences!