“Excellent self catering luxury in Miami” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club

You added Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club to your Saves list
Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   16900 North Bay Road, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Excellent self catering luxury in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I used this hotel as a base for a diving trip around southern Florida. Its in an excellent location with shopping, restaurants, the beach and the highway system all within 5 minutes walk/drive. The rooms are full service apartments with equipped kitchen, satellite TV, bathroom and balcony. It is a residential apartment block so don't expect a checkin or staff service but for somebody who wants excellent accomodation and a quiet/comfy place to cook, sleep and relax its great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We have been to Miami/Sunny Isles many many times .. but this was our first time at Intracoastal Yacht Club.
We were on floor 25th and we had a breathtaking view. Our apartment was clean ... too bad there is only a queen bed instead of a kind bed but it was ok anyway. The pool area is beautiful. They gave us valet parking in the rate of the apartment but next time we will ask for a self parking in the garage. Pretty much better !
We loved loved loved this wonderful place and we can't wait to go there again soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed at the Intracoastal Yacht Club from March 8 - 12 along with two of my girlfriends. The trip was a nightmare from beginning to end. First of all let me say that this property is both residential and vacation property, which is not clear in their online information. They are trying to take on way too many things. The right hand doesn't talk to the left, and you get shuffled around in so many different directions just trying to get simple things done. Upon entering the grounds, we were taken aback and how weird the layout was. There are so many sharp turns and hills trying to get to the check-in desk. It's almost as if they want you to tear your car up. There's no way you could come back to the property on a drunken night and not destroy your car. When we first arrived we were disappointed that our request for an oceanview room was not honored. Given the fact that we made our reservation more than two months in advance, I didn't think it would be unreasonable to fulfill the request. Upon entering our unit, i noticed how sterile the entire unit looked. It felt like we had walked into a hospital room - cold, hard white floor with no rugs or carpet in the living area and very little decoration or decor. The mattresses on the bed were awful. If you have ever slept on a pull out sofa, well the mattresses on these beds felt even worse than that. Needless to say, we never had a good night's sleep throughout our entire trip. On the first morning, we tried to take a shower and the water backed up in the shower, which was not a pleasant experience. Soaking your feet in dirty water is not what I think of when I think of getting clean. The floor in the second bathroom was also not clean. Considering the entire unit was almost all white, it wasn't hard to notice the dirt on the floor. The entire time that we stayed there, we were forced to take showers in 30 minute intervals because the water wouldn't stay hot for longer than 10 minutes. This significantly slowed us down when trying to get dressed and out for the day. This property requires all vehicles onsite to be valet parked which can be a blessing and a curse. Everytime we requested our vehicle, the valet workers were more worried about flirting than promptly getting our car. This quickly became a nuisance. The worse part of the trip came on the last night. We had requested our car to enjoy our last night, and when it was pulled up we noticed that the windshield had been cracked. Mind you, nobody ever called us to inform us there had been any sort of accident or our car had been damaged in anyway which to me was extremely unprofessional. We found out from some of the chatty valet workers that someone threw a table off their balcony and it landed right on top of our rental. We filed a police report, and after speaking to the valet manager he assured us that this would be covered by their valet insurance. Once I arrived back home i tried reaching out to the valet manager. It took him over 3 weeks to respond back to me. Ultimately i get an email from his boss who said that they will not assume any responsibility for the damage to the car. I couldn't believe it! Isn't it the valet's responsibility to keep cars safe and sound while it is under their care, custody, and control?? Apparently not at Intracoastal. So I have to eat the cost of replacing the windshield......my recommendation would be to look elsewhere. Don't waste you time, money, or sanity staying here!! Never again.....

Room Tip: there are no good rooms here!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had booked (and confirmed) a 3 bedroom appartment. When we booked in, we were given a 2 bedroom appartment. I naturally complained, since we have paid the full price for the 3 bedrooms. They claimed that they have received a booking only for two bedrooms. Fortunately I had my printed e-mails with me, which showed that they have received a 3 bedroom reservation and also that they had it confirmed. Only after 3 hours I managed to get what I had paid for.
The appartment was nice though, no complaints there.
The second problem was that the pool went under repair. At the office I asked if the pool is in use, they said the it is. Next day I found out that it was closed for the repair. They promised me an compensation for this. After I arrived back home, I started to check my credit card bills, and found out that there were no credits from them. When I called the reservation agency, the Intercoastal staff claimed that they have compensated me in cash (without any receipt). The agency was helpfull and got me my money back.
My advice is, when you make your reservation to this place, print the confirmation and bring it with you. Also make the reservation through some booking agency.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I'm moving out of my home from Kendall, lived here about 10 years. in search for apts on the beach i come across these wonderful pictures of some apts overlooking Biscayne. i became interested and found out more information, read the reviews... quite frankly i was startled. i then call to speak with a representative and i simply asked frequent customer questions. when i read how unprofessional and disorganized their staff was i wanted to be reassured with words of an actual employee.

Her name is, Erica.

Me: "Due to the reviews online, how would you describe me your staffs management with maintenance?"

Erica: " Umm, i mean... if i was a customer and i had a bad experience, i would write it online. it's probably just two or three"

Me: "well, aside from your reviews, then, how would you describe your staff in response to these reviews?"

Erica: "I mean, i think we're a fun enviorment, we're fun. but ... we're not serious or anything."

Me: "Have a nice evening, bye."

i am absolutely flabbergasted with today's generation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

The bathroom was not clean and found hair in the bed sheets. Also found food under the bed and mold in the bathroom. Did advise the front office on the second day and they said they can get to it by tomorrow. Check out was horrible. Office was not open by 9am and employees standing in the hallway unitill manager came to open the office at 9:10am and the whole time manager stayed on cell phone. I let them know again and all they did is put a post-it note with the keys. They are so nonchalant about it I would not recommend it to anyone. Especially for the five star price they charge for a two star rental.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here in February. There were 5 of us and we rented a two bedroom condo with pull-out sofa. In general, it was extremely good value for the money in that area, but there are a few negatives.

1. The pull-out couch is TERRIBLY uncomfortable to sleep on, as were the beds. It's time for some updating in that department. They need new pillows too.

2. There aren't enough blankets.

3. The location is difficult if you want to do a lot of sight-seeing south of Miami or even in the south end of Miami. We did it, but it made for long days with driving in lots of traffic. If your only plan is to go to the beach, then this is probably a great location, but if you want to spend time seeing sights, it might be better to find a place further south.

4. Cleanliness left something to be desired. I wore flip-flops in the shower because they didn't look that clean, and there was black hair all over the bath mats. It wasn't anything terrible, but it really should have been a little cleaner.

In general, though, if you're on a budget and traveling with enough people that you would like multiple bedrooms, this is a much better plan than hotel rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residences at Intracoastal Yacht Club? Share your experiences!