“Wished we could have stayed longer.” 5 of 5 stars

Mother's Day Brunch
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
“Wished we could have stayed longer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Anna at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The rest of the staff was also very nice. The only thing i would like is to have chairs on the deck. I would stay her again . :) loved that i did not have to park my car:)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SoleotoFOM, Front Office Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It is our pleasure to provide you with an amazing experience. Each of our team members are dedicated to enhancing your experience and Anna will appreciate being singled out for her efforts. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a great business trip to Miami and was able to bring along my pup! Love that the hotel is pet-friendly! The staff is wonderful as well! I needed a late check-out, and Lilly seriously helped me out! Great experience, and great location!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent comment about your stay here at Sole on the Ocean! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff and atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Please visit our new website for upcoming promotions and specials.
Ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Don't bother. This place is just strange. It looks brand new, but nothing works quite right. The room is super dark, coffee machine doesn't work, there are no hooks for towels, no trash cans, no seats in the suite counter, faucets turn the wrong way. We did not have cleaning service for 2 out of the 4 night we were there. Extremely rude staff at front desk. The shower curtains are not large enough. Parking fees are outrageous - a friend dropped us off and was charged $20. for "parking". Bathroom floor and counters were sticky.
Don't do it - book anywhere else.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you and the other wedding party members that stayed with us. We want all guests to be happy and are truly sorry to hear that your stay was not as you expected. Kindly allow me to touch on a few points that you raise.
The coffee makers do take a few minutes to heat up the water for each cup of coffee as Keurig machines make individual servings. We tested the ones in your rooms to be sure that they were functioning and assume that this was the issue you faced. The trash cans are located in the kitchen under the sink and in the bathrooms next to the vanity. Towel hooks are located on the back of the bathroom door. Seating in your suite included a sofa, a lounge chair and a desk chair. Our other suites may also contain barstools or and dining chairs depending on the suite category. Your friend’s parking fee was refunded immediately after he returned to the valet and informed them that he was here to drop off and not to park. As always, the team is happy to accommodate requests for additional chairs, lighting, toiletries or other items as needed.
Speaking on behalf of the entire Sole team, it is our goal to provide an enjoyable stay for every guest and I make myself available should you want to discuss your stay further in detail. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at 786.923.9310.
Haarlem, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had high expectations for this hotel, but was slightly disappointed. The location is excellent, right on the beach. Room and bathroom are a really good size(a fridge would be nice)! Balcony with partial sea view that was missing some outside furniture. The beds are good, room could do with better lightning. There are some extra charges for Valet parking and "resort fee" that include Wi-fi, beach chairs and towels. I thought I booked a luxury hotel on the beach with everything you would expect in this type of hotel but was disappointed by the absence of typical hotel amenities that are provided in the "less then luxury hotels".

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GSMSanford, Guest Relations Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to post a message and sharing your feedback, it is always greatly appreciated. Our Property sits on the pristine beaches of Sunny Isles, Florida also known as Americas Riviera and has direct Ocean Front access to the beach and Atlantic Ocean.. We have Toiletries, Towels and Robes in all of our rooms and refresh each day and upon request.
Our Restaurant Alba, by Celebrity Chef Ralph Pagano, serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in the Restaurant ,as well as, Lunch Poolside or Beachside. Please reach out to me directly, should you care to discuss in detail.
Manager, Guest Relations and Hospitality
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This past week I tried to book a room at my favorite hotel in Sunny Isles Fl, but it was booked. A quick search on the internet helped me identify what I thought looked like a good alternative – Sole On The Ocean. I made my reservation online Upon arrival, I was greeted by Kamille who after asking me my name, informed me she had already upgraded me to a better room because they were available. She wished me a great day…. I informed her it was because of her hospitality. When I opened the door to the room, I was overwhelmed. I have stayed at great hotels before… the Bellagio, the Wynn to name a few, but this two room suite eclipsed any room I had ever stayed at before. Two balconies, two huge flat screen TV’s. A full Kitchen. Not a mini-fridge, but a HUGE stainless steel refrigerator that dwarfs the one in my house. It even has a dishwasher. The fridge had a full assortment of juices, domestic and imported beer, white wine, and a bunch of other stuff I can’t recall which was available for purchase at reasonable prices. On the bar, there were assorted snacks, a bottle of vodka, a bottle of rum, and 3 smaller bottles of premium tequila- anejo, reposado, and silver—You had your pick. Sole on the Ocean anticipated everything you could possibly want and had it stocked for you. The king-sized pillow top bed was the most comfortable one I had ever slept. There were two plush bathrobes in the huge closet. A complimentary pre-blown beach ball with the Sole on The Ocean logo was placed on the bed. The bathroom was so awesome I’m not going to even try to describe it. They had a full service menu with food from a great restaurant they had downstairs. Most entrée’s were under $20. They have two bars, one poolside. Sole on The Ocean is truly a “hidden gem” in the middle of Florida’s Riviera .. Sunny Isles. I will never stay anywhere in South Florida. I owe it all to Kamille. Speaking of staff, valet, consierge, housekeeping, front desk---they enthusiastically greeted (and I’m talking the type of “hollow greeting people give because they are paid to do so) and assisted me with anything I needed. If you read this review and don’t stay there, you are making the biggest mistake of your life if you are looking for a reasonable PHENOMINAL place to stay in South Florida. Wishing you all “Fair Winds and Following Seas.” Go Navy Beat Army!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SoleotoFOM, Front Office Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear valued guest,
We thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are pleased how much you enjoyed your Sole experience. We are very pleased that one of our team members helped to create a personal experience that evolved throughout your entire stay. The barefoot chic style and personalized service that was the essence of your stay is what our entire team strives to provide each guest. We thank you again for choosing to stay with us at Sole on the Ocean and we hope you enjoy the football game in December!
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Sole on the Ocean is a beautifully appointed hotel. Our room was very comfortable and we had a beautiful view of the city and partial ocean views. However be prepared for daily parking ($25 plus tax per day) and tipping every time the valet retrieved our car for us.

We did not try the restaurant on site because the prices seemed a little high. However there are some restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to drive. The beach is right outside the door so beach access is right there. You don't have to drive to get to the beach.

North Beach is a quiet area without the hustle and excitement of South Beach. If you are looking for some peace and quiet this is the place for you. If you want something more fun then head south.

Dear valued guest,
Your experience with us is very valuable; therefore, we thank you kindly for taking the time to write your recent review. We’re delighted to hear that you’ve enjoyed our location and the beautiful views of our boutique ocean front hotel. We do hope that next time you will try the delights offered at Alba Seaside Italian, which is the rated the #1 restaurant on Trip Advisor, Open Table for its food and for its stunning ocean views. We thank you again for your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

There are extra fees you have to pay at check-in: valet parking only (extra $20 per day); mandatory resort fee (extra $15 per day, for the use of the gym, the "spa" area, towels, chairs and umbrella on the beach). Front desk and valet were friendly and available. The hotel offers two complimentary bottles of water but I had to request them. No continental breakfast. Hotel drinks and food are costly.
My Ocean View room was small but clean. Nice bathroom without tub. Decent size flat TV and coffe/tea machine, but no fridge. The bed is too low for hotel standards, but was not uncomfortable. No furniture on the balcony; just cement floor, but with a satisfactory view of the ocean. No security latch on door.
This condo-hotel is squished between two other buildings. There is no front entrance; just a confusing, steep driving ramp. If you want to go out for a city walk, you have to navigate a maze of parking corridors and emergency fire stairs. Room hallways are too narrow. Pool is not very large but has place to lounge. Beach and Pool access is through the garage.
Location is excellent if you are looking for a quiet time on the beach. There is a very good gourmet market across the street. Otherwise, there is absolutely no activity or places to go in this area.

Dear Valued Guest:
We want all guests to be happy and are truly sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. Kindly allow me to touch on a few points that you raised. Resort and valet fees are standard charges for beachfront hotels in Miami. We certainly understand how unexpected fees can affect ones stay and have attempted to make this information as visible as possible on all online booking websites as well as our own website and confirmation letters. We are sorry that they came as a surprise to you.

Guest security of utmost importance to us. All of our rooms come standard with RFID electric locks, which have a dead bolt mechanism not a latch. Moreover, elevator access to each floor is limited to registered guests staying on that floor and authorized employees.

Regarding the hotel’s design, Sole was designed and built as a barefoot chic boutique hotel to create an inviting an intimate experience. All aspects of the hotel from its entrance, to the scale of the rooms and hallways, to the luxury linens, Keurig coffee machines, flat screen tv’s, pillowtop mattresses and the lighting were all selected with this in mind. As there are a number of shops, markets and water sports activities in easy walking distance, we have created a landscaped pedestrian walkway within the hotel leading to the beach and the surrounding neighborhood. Additionally, our concierge is always happy to assist with a variety of things to do in the surrounding area. We thank you for your valuable feedback and hope you find this information helpful.

Been to Sole on the Ocean? Share your experiences!