“Gorgeous View in a Modern Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Sole on the Ocean to your Saves list
Sole on the Ocean
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17315 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Winter Springs, Florida
“Gorgeous View in a Modern Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The views from our two balconies were stunning. Immediately when you walk into the lobby you experience the style of the hotel. We had a suite which included a living room, small kitchen with full refrigerator, bar, and separate bedroom with king bed. Everything was nicely appointed, but the platform bed was too soft. The waterfall shower was a nice touch, as was the beach ball that served as fun decoration. The parking fee was high ($25 for 7 hours), but everything else was great.

Room Tip: The 22nd floor was great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I do not ususally write reviews, because I am a businessman who has many emails to respond to than going on a website telling my business. I am a "NEW YORK GROUCH" who was affected by Hurricane Sandy. I decided to come to Florida and my travel agent booked me at Sole on the Ocean. I booked an Ocean View King Room, but when i checked in they gave me 908 and I saw a big yellow wall immediately when I walked in the room so I stormed back to the desk to get some straightening. I was graced with Britteny, Barbara and Sammy. I was so mad I didn't want to here nothing they had to say, I threw the key at Barbara and she said this is the type of room you booked and I asked where in the hell is the view of the Ocean. When I say she escorted me to the same room, magically the Ocean appeared when I received my personal tour of the room. So yes I am idiot for not looking in the whole room and Brittany and Sammy smiled at me for the next two day as if they were saying "You Idiot" which was welled deserved. I visited several other hotels while I was in the Miami Area, but the personal touch I received from the Front Desk employees made me take an item back of owning the problem until the problem goes away. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye my buddies, but I will be calling them personally, I have the Front Office Director's card to let him know to keep that crew at the front desk and he will always win with customer service. Well deserved kudos!
P.S. I think the mandatory resort fee should be included so I am not feeling like "a la cart" shopping.

Room Tip: There is a differance btween Ocean Front" than Ocean View" The Ocean Front the balcony fa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Coral Springs, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Service was beyond awful. I was also double charged for the $45 /day hotel fee. This was not advertised anywhere. I paid cash when I arrived and a MONTH LATER that same charge showed in my credit card. I disputed the charge but nothing was done. They told me I was going to get a call from the Hotel manager which never arrived.
As far as PCI compliance, they need to get a lesson or two. They take a photocopy of your credit card and leave it on file. Who does that????.
In essence, poor service and terrible value. There are much better hotels around south Miami.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cordoba, Cordoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Thanx guys for a very pleasent stay at Sole. Specially to the guys at the beach, Gerardo, Yunior and Daniel...
I expected breakfast to be included in the price of the room...
Pillows were too thick...I asked four times for thinner ones but never got them!

Room Tip: Rooms with a city view are too small!!!
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very nice hotel with great location... just on the beach, very close to many bars and restaurants. We were there year ago and we are going to this hotel again for New years eve this year. Great value for money... maybe it is not the highest standrad but we do not spend a time in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had travelled from Dec 5-10th with two friends, and i was recommended this hotel. This was my third time in the Miami area.

We first had a smaller room with two double beds, side view of the beach, and after two sleepless nights due to noisy neighbours we got upgraded to a ocean view suite with a king bed and a huge livingroom.

Rooms: both were clean, water did have low pressure at times, the sink water would run hot at times. The smaller room had double beds and, both beds weren't straight while you slept on it so if felt you were rolling off.

Location: close to most locations, walking distance to some shops, cab services are quick. A bit far from South beach Miami.

Beach: amazing, clean, long and wide with lots of seats and never had to wait for a chair. The staff on the beach area was amazing. Especially Daniel and Junior.

Restaurant by the beach: good variety but its 10$ for a miami vice drink. Great service!

Pool: long but narrow, very warm and clean.

Front desk: good, helpful and willing to helpout in anyway. Britney was amazing! she helped out right away when she found out about our noise issue.

Parking: 25$ for overnight and valet parking, 17$ for day for an everyday charge

From the airport it is a flat rate of 53$ to get to the hotel if you take a cab

Overall: Very good! I will be back but i will try out another hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SoleotoFOM, Front Office Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
We appreciate the time taken into sharing your wonderful experience with us at our boutique resort. The satisfaction of our guests is highly important, therefore, we are so pleased to hear our staff members assisted in making your visit more enjoyable. Your detailed review is tremendously helpful for us and I am sure to other readers as well. We do hope you will visit us again in the future
Spring Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am writing after a second stay this November 2012. Kudos to management for changing out the valet parking service which was a pleasure this time around. Front desk staff and other staff are really accomodating. I highly recomend this hotel. My only suggestion is they improve the maintenance department. It appears that they dont record and track repair requests. With reminders things do get done.

Would love to come again.

Room Tip: Be clear what view youd like and take a look during checkin. Also not all like rooms have the sam fu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SoleotoFOM, Front Office Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, We thank you for choosing to book with us a second time. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort enough to recommend to others. We credit many of our improvements to be the result of guest feedback and appreciate your genuine suggestions. We appreciate the time you spent to share your thoughts. We look forward to having you experience your next visit with us. For future stays, please visit our website for upcoming specials and packages.

Been to Sole on the Ocean? Share your experiences!