I do not ususally write reviews, because I am a businessman who has many emails to respond to than going on a website telling my business. I am a "NEW YORK GROUCH" who was affected by Hurricane Sandy. I decided to come to Florida and my travel agent booked me at Sole on the Ocean. I booked an Ocean View King Room, but when i checked in they gave me 908 and I saw a big yellow wall immediately when I walked in the room so I stormed back to the desk to get some straightening. I was graced with Britteny, Barbara and Sammy. I was so mad I didn't want to here nothing they had to say, I threw the key at Barbara and she said this is the type of room you booked and I asked where in the hell is the view of the Ocean. When I say she escorted me to the same room, magically the Ocean appeared when I received my personal tour of the room. So yes I am idiot for not looking in the whole room and Brittany and Sammy smiled at me for the next two day as if they were saying "You Idiot" which was welled deserved. I visited several other hotels while I was in the Miami Area, but the personal touch I received from the Front Desk employees made me take an item back of owning the problem until the problem goes away. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye my buddies, but I will be calling them personally, I have the Front Office Director's card to let him know to keep that crew at the front desk and he will always win with customer service. Well deserved kudos!
P.S. I think the mandatory resort fee should be included so I am not feeling like "a la cart" shopping.
- Also Known As:
- Sole On The Ocean Hotel
- Sole On The Ocean Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Sole On The Ocean Florida/Sunny Isles Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sole On The Ocean, Sunny Isles Beach is located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Our Ocean Front Boutique Resort & Spa offers luxury guest rooms and suites with beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean. Amenities include Alba lounge & bar, swimming-pool, gym, sauna & steam room, room service, valet parking, meeting space and umbrellas & lounge chairs to catch a nice tan on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Olotels, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Sole on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.