“The beach is the best part!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami

Save Saved
You added Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18401 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160 (Formerly Days Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resort Miami)   |
Illinois
“The beach is the best part!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I know this place is probably on the verge of being torn down but they could at least make sure the air is working in all of the rooms. We stayed two nights and mentioned to the front desk numerous times about the air not working properly in our room. A guy showed up once and checked to see if the air vent was open then said he would be right back and never showed up again. The gal at the front desk wasn't very friendly either. The second day we were there we wanted to get ice for the cooler and none of the ice machines were working at all....pretty crazy! Oh and none of the vending machines were working either. The water pressure in the shower was really bad...I had to rinse my hair from the faucet in the tub. It's really a shame too because these old hotels are hard to come by and with a little TLC it could really be great!!

Room Tip: Make sure the air is working
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If you're looking on staying steps away from the beach, blue ocean view, balconies rooms and clean beach for low price than this place is for you. I have stayed a few times and I been happy each time. Also its in a safe area, 20 minutes from downtown Miami, 15 minutes from south beach, 20 minutes from Hollywood beach. There is grocery store incase you wanna cook in your mini kitchen in your room and many more other shopping places and restaurants. The staff are friendly. The only complaint the parking sucks and its about $12 a day in which is cheaper compared to other Miami hotels and I think the place needs some sort of entertainments. But overall my girlfriend and I have enjoyed our times here compared to other places we have stayed in Miami.

• Stayed February 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked one night (6/20 - 6/21, 2014) at this hotel. I stayed here many years ago as a 14 year old and had such fond memories of this property. A lot has changed in 40 years. The hotel is in need of a complete renovation. The pool and spa were filthy, restaurant is also run down. The gentleman who was working the front desk was impolite and unhelpful. After surveying the grounds before checking in, I decided to cancel my reservation and head for a Sheraton. (It was about the same price.) I know this property is on the beach, but the overall filth of the outside grounds was enough to convince me to move on. I didn't even care if they charged me.

It's a shame to see the decline of what used to be a very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Smart hotel. Great beach location for Miami attractions. Close to the Sun life stadium as I was there to watch a match. Nice Hollywood style diner. Friendly staff. Although a taxi costs $50 to Bayside and downtown for Miami Heat and South Beach. Apparently there is a bus that costs a couple of dollars.

Room Tip: Obviously there are ocean front rooms with Ac but these cost a bit more.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Sunny Isles Bea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Disappointment and surprised with the lousy breakfast no option, and the moodiness of one of the attendants, and also with the cleanliness of the rooms.
But overall, offsetting these negatives.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Redditch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Having read many bad review, I've been left wondering why!! A wonderful place, great location and extremely helpful and friendly staff :)

185 street is out the way but with bus stop right outside the hotel and a cost of $2.25 its a doddle to get anywhere along Collins Ave.

The guy at the desk Lionel was so friendly & helpful, anything we needed to know he was the man and would help in any organising any day trips we had planned.

The staff in the restaurant could not have done enough to make us feel welcome, very polite and the food was excellent..

As for the location our room was 20 yards from the beach, with glorious sunshine cold beers what more could you ask for..

We without doubt will be staying here again..

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My family and I stayed for one night. The room was sooooo outdated. It felt like if we were in some type of movie that took us back to the past. The staff was okay, but we were waiting for 3 hours by the pool before we could even check -in, to then find out that the room had been ready for hours. This pissed me off tremendously because all of my bags were in the car for 3 hours. When we tried to check-in the guy at the front desk told us to leave our stuff in the lobby and that they would put it in the storage room , but besides the fact that we had various electronics with us, how would they even know what bag would be ours? They just told us to lay our things down in the MIDDLE OF THE LOBBY!! Other than that little bump in the road, the staff was great the entire night. We were on the first floor by the pool and they had told us that because of the amount of times that the guests opened up the doors. We called the fornt desk around 11 pm and asked for a fan, and free of charge were given one. The pool was great but definitely needs a face lift. The jacuzzi had a greenish color, but we were told that it was due to a liquid that they put in it. The hotel was good for a night stay , but not for more than that.

Room Tip: higher floors have better A/C.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami

Address: 18401 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160 (Formerly Days Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resort Miami)
Location: United States > Florida > Sunny Isles Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#8 On the Beach Hotel in Sunny Isles Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Hotel Thunderbird Beach Miami
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami Florida/Sunny Isles Beach

If you own or manage Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.