“inexpensive and you get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami

You added Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18401 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160 (Formerly Days Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resort Miami)   |
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“inexpensive and you get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

if you need something cheap and on the beach, then this will work for you... just be sure to have realistic expectations when you book this one. the pool was nice and the beach access was great... 2 free lounge chairs and towels per room at either the pool or the beach... plus you could rent a tiki umbrella for only $5/day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The room was terrible, humid, A/C has no controls in the room, you only get a rusty vent. TV was older than the Hotel and made more noise while turn on that the sound of the program itself.
Worst of all, the had a PROBLEM with the hot water, there was not hot water to take a shower. They knew the problem existed but did not told me at the check-in process, they waited until I complained the first day. The second day, still no hot water, After that I left this scrapy hotel. They didn't wanted to recognize even a discount for the problems, no manager arround to face it.
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room here.....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Montevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our last holidays. This hotel was really great for us, it was right in front of the beach which made it perfect for relaxing and switching off. It was not so close from the main attractions (not walking distance) but since we hired a car this was not a problem. The rooms are very large and comfortable, the decoration was a bit dated but the rooms were clean which is the most important thing for us. There are quite a few shops across the road so this was handy. The reception was very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this hotel for people visiting Miami who want to relax and be close to the main attractions, but not right in the middle of all the noise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
El Sobrante, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked 2 nights and was given room 157.. When we opened the door the lights were on and the air conditioner was full blast. opened the bathroom door, turned on the light and there were roaches the size of silver dollars on the ceiling. I had to kill a few that fell on the floor and lost my appetite for the day. I complained to the front desk and they gave us another room but after I made a scene in the lobby and they did not want it known to the people arriving. Be carefull, Looks like they are just keeping it up by patching things, It is about 60 years old and waiting to get razed, Not maintained too good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manaus, AM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Good hotel, near to the beach. Good rooms, the only thing is the small parking lot. You have to get there early or you will have trouble to park your car safely. The floor of the hotel is hard and had many travellers going in and out with their luggage. This made some noise but I'll definitely stay in this hotel again. Good staff and price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Maria R, Public Relations Manager at Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. We apologize about the small parking lot there is very limited parking in Miami. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay. Thanks again!
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am considering the cost and the great location!! Being right on the beach good walking distance to stores I was happy with it. The bed moves around on the tile floors, the ac controls didn't work, it is dated. I use my own soaps and where flip flops just in case, towels are cheap, coffee maker had to be moved in order to plug it in,,, but I think for the price and location It can't be beat! want more? pay more!!

I was only there 2 nights.

Room Tip: some face the beach and others the pool... mine faced the parking but was fine. even when we sat on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night with a friend before heading down to South Beach. For the price, the hotel was quite alright. The rooms and common areas were very dated, a tad musky, but clean. I was on the first floor on the northern most rooms. It had parking right outside the window, with people walking past quite frequently. The pool area was quite nice with a hot tub, and the rooms that look out onto this are the ones to go for. The location is great if you are just after a sunny isles beach hotel. It has quite a few places to eat across the road, as well as a supermarket, and the beach is literally just off the pool area. But be aware that it is about a 30-40 min bus ride to miami beach. Now the staff. The people at the front desk were quite pleasant and helpful, but almost every other staff member I encountered were just plain rude. Mainly an elderly man at the pool rental shack. Now a beach towel rental is included in the price. I decided to go for a swim before checkout and politely asked for a towel from a man sitting there. He asked for my room number, but before I could actually reply, another man stormed over saying that I was not allowed to have a towel because I was checking out that day, and actually made me feel stupid for asking. He ended up giving me and my friend a towel to share, but told us not to steal them and bring it back (I think you would have to pay me to take the 10 year old towel home.) Due to him, and attitude from other staff members, I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!