“WORST PLACE EVER!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017

You added Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10775 Caribbean Blvd, Cutler Ridge, FL 33189 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cutler Ridge
“WORST PLACE EVER!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Well, my brother said you either have the nightmare @ the beginning of the trip or @ the end. Well, ours was our last night in Florida. Lets start with my room. The vanity light did not work at all. The bathtub was clogged, there were stains on the carpet and all over the bedding. There were holes in my sheets and the noise was horrible. The phone worked but it didn't ring on my end. They don't have in house blow dryers nor irons in the room. But, you can check out an iron @ the front desk for one hour. When I got back to my room, I noticed that half the side of the iron was missing. When I tried to take it back downstairs, the elevator was broken and I was on the 3rd floor. Used the broken iron and it leaked water all over the clothes. Good thing they were light cotton. Now, on yo my dad and brothers room. They had no carpet but flooring you stuck to god forbid you walk on it in your socks or bare feet. They had no hot water and had to shower in my room with the tube that was clogged. UGH! I just gagged again. Their bathroom door was broken and they also had stains and holes in their bedding and both rooms smelled of mold. The pool was closed due to remodel but they need to tesr this place down and make it a parking lot. The only good thing I can say @ this place is the sweet dark haired young lady @ the front desk. I'm sorry, I can't remember her name but she was very sweet and did her best to accommodate us. Sweetheart, find a better job. Your too nice to work here. Buyer beware. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! The only nice reviews on here have to be from the owners. No one in their right mind would call this place nice to stay. I would rather take my chances and stay in an alligator pen.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salem, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is the worst place i have ever stayed. Remodeling wouldn't even work. It needs to be torn down and re-built. Phone didn't work. Beds were not made and the room was not cleaned except for the new towels in the bathroom. Then the roaches showed up including one on MY BED. Disgusting! Its a ghetto that you are paying for.

Room Tip: try another place
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel for the price is horrible please please don't spend your money here! Rooms smell like wet carpet the elevator looks like you will get stuck any min there's a strip club up the street and it's either prostitutes or stripes hanging out! Let's not talk about the ones walking around with alcohol.. The list goes on we will be checking out tomorrow!!

• Stayed July 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've stayed here twice during my visit to Key West. Honestly I actually canceled my more expensive room in Marathon to just return here and save the money.

If you've stayed at a motel 6 before then it's all familiar. The chain does a decent job of keeping a consistent brand. The desk is friendly and always very nice.

The property is actually landscaped very well and rather nice for a motel 6. I am honestly pretty shocked at the quality. Traveling tip, request a non-smoking room even if you're a smoker. The smell in smoking rooms annoys me and I smoke.

It's not the Hilton, but for 67.00 it's a great place to sleep.

Final note, Cutler Ridge/Bay is a pretty downtrodden area. Most of the stores have signs informing patrons of the rules concerning drinking in front of establishments.

I'd recommend this be used as a base for a Miami trip, or for a night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm staying at the Motel 6 in Cutler Bay, Fl. as I write this review. It's 5:30 am and I've been awake for the past hour. This is one of the nosiest motels I've ever stayed in. It sit right next to the interstate at an off ramp and a major street. Every straight pipe Harley, Squid on a crouch rocket or beanie with a loud pickup and rap music playing rag head will sound like there right in your room. Plus you get to pay $70.00 plus for the experience. One of the more expensive Motel 6's I've stayed in. If you want a good night sleep, stay under an overpass.

On the plus side, the staff were very attentive and will called my room to insure everything is okay. The toilet was running when I checked in and Maintenance was here in 5 minutes to fix it. As I sit here writing it's making a pleasant trickling sound in the background. The room was well appointed with TV cabinet (25" old style), micro/ref, and tasteful lamps and mirrors. They just don't absorb noise.

Anyway I'm out of here heading to the Key's on my quite BMW. I'll catch a nap at the "Iron-Butt" motel (rest area pic-nick table).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

While we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our attentive service and room décor, We apologize for your noisy room experience. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us.
frankfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed in this motel just for one night on the way to key west. The room was clean, everything worked, the bed was comfy. Still it´s a motel - so the crowd there wasn´t from Beverly Hills ... It was okay just to sleep and just for one night - but absolutely no good value for the money as we had to pay 85$ (between xmas and new year ...). It was a bit noisy since the door and windows aren´t of the best quality and the hotel has rooms facing the freeway. But it all depends what you expect and what you pay for it.

Parking was free of charge. Breakfast to pay for. Internet to pay for - but I got it for free in a mall in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the mall, not the freeway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The smoking rooms smell horibbly dobt get one! Didnt feel safe aftrr getting into ab altercation with someone because the person had the audacity to walk in my room uninvited!!! So I had yo.changed rooms just incase he wanted.to come back and do.something awful. Finally got a safe and non smelly room to have no mircowave or refridegrator. Room was.okay but not worth the $73.00 I had to pay for one night. That hotel was not worth the value. Our remote did not. work, everytime we had to change something we had to get out of comfortable warm spot. Elevators were run down. It realy wasnt worth my money.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017? Share your experiences!