“Don't expect a quit rest” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10775 Caribbean Blvd, Cutler Ridge, FL 33189 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Cutler Ridge
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Don't expect a quit rest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm staying at the Motel 6 in Cutler Bay, Fl. as I write this review. It's 5:30 am and I've been awake for the past hour. This is one of the nosiest motels I've ever stayed in. It sit right next to the interstate at an off ramp and a major street. Every straight pipe Harley, Squid on a crouch rocket or beanie with a loud pickup and rap music playing rag head will sound like there right in your room. Plus you get to pay $70.00 plus for the experience. One of the more expensive Motel 6's I've stayed in. If you want a good night sleep, stay under an overpass.

On the plus side, the staff were very attentive and will called my room to insure everything is okay. The toilet was running when I checked in and Maintenance was here in 5 minutes to fix it. As I sit here writing it's making a pleasant trickling sound in the background. The room was well appointed with TV cabinet (25" old style), micro/ref, and tasteful lamps and mirrors. They just don't absorb noise.

Anyway I'm out of here heading to the Key's on my quite BMW. I'll catch a nap at the "Iron-Butt" motel (rest area pic-nick table).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

While we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our attentive service and room décor, We apologize for your noisy room experience. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
frankfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed in this motel just for one night on the way to key west. The room was clean, everything worked, the bed was comfy. Still it´s a motel - so the crowd there wasn´t from Beverly Hills ... It was okay just to sleep and just for one night - but absolutely no good value for the money as we had to pay 85$ (between xmas and new year ...). It was a bit noisy since the door and windows aren´t of the best quality and the hotel has rooms facing the freeway. But it all depends what you expect and what you pay for it.

Parking was free of charge. Breakfast to pay for. Internet to pay for - but I got it for free in a mall in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the mall, not the freeway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The smoking rooms smell horibbly dobt get one! Didnt feel safe aftrr getting into ab altercation with someone because the person had the audacity to walk in my room uninvited!!! So I had yo.changed rooms just incase he wanted.to come back and do.something awful. Finally got a safe and non smelly room to have no mircowave or refridegrator. Room was.okay but not worth the $73.00 I had to pay for one night. That hotel was not worth the value. Our remote did not. work, everytime we had to change something we had to get out of comfortable warm spot. Elevators were run down. It realy wasnt worth my money.

• Stayed September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have never written to a website like "Tripadvisor" before, but this place was terrible. My room had ragged out and dirty carpet, a refrigerator that did not work properly, Wifi (that I actually had to pay for) that did not work properly, a bathroom with a shower head that would nearly cut you in two with high water pressure, and was just overall a nasty feeling room.
The hotel was loud with parties and music playing late into the night. There was NO BREAKFAST AT ALL and the coffee dispensers that actually were provided had no coffee in them. The elevators (because there were no stairs that I could take from the bottom floor) did not all work when trying to call one from the first floor.
There is a La Quinta right next door to this Motel 6 that I have always stayed at before this, but I decided to give the Motel 6 a shot this time to save a few bucks and I now SERIOUSLY regret making that decision. I visit Miami once or twice a year and will not stay at this Motel 6 ever again. I may not ever stay at another Motel 6 again as a matter of fact.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Satellite Beach, florida USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We just spent one night here while house-hunting in Miami, December 6, Thursday night. Room#524-everything worked/micro/fridge/AC/great beds(two queen beds), quiet(it's up high-no noise from highway). Carpet needed to be shampooed, that's all. The manager, Tony Sherwood is trying hard to fix everything up-hard to do on a tight budget. Staff was great, as always-cleaning people-upbeat and cheerful-will stay again

Room Tip: Take a high floor-no noise/great views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Weston, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had made a reservation at this hotel for a sporting event a year ago. Reviews at that time were not bad so I felt ok making a reservation. 2 months before my event the reviews were HORRIBLE!! I was very concerned about my stay. Well we got to the motel this afternoon. The front desk was great - allowed me to inspect my rooms prior to check in. The rooms were very clean and after a complete inspection for bugs, I was able to find nothing. Sure the hotel is older, but it is very clean! Furnishing were nice, TV adequate. I do have a problem paying $3.00 for WIFI, but what do you expect

One issue is the outside elevator, but I was told that this was set for renovation next June! I would stay here again and will probably make my reservation for next years sporting event before we check out on Monday!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The worst hotel I ever stayed in! Ok, what do you expect for $59, but every dollar was wasted. The TV reception is awful: most channels are un-viewable, even as a guy the lifts are super-scary, everything appears 50 years old in the room, which really smells bad..... and why am I so itchy in bed ?!? Oh, and the terrible windows and door let all he noise in (highway, people walking past etc).
Positives include a really nice lady on the front desk and the room cleaning is really well done. Also, proximity to every store you could ever need just over the road.
Perhaps some rooms are refurbished, because some reviews on this site are amazingly OK, alongside many terrible ones.
I'm 41 and if I live to be 100 I will never stay in another motel 6 ! Perhaps la Quinta next door is better?

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017? Share your experiences!