“A lot of bed bugs:” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10775 Caribbean Blvd, Cutler Ridge, FL 33189 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cutler Ridge
Toronto, Canada
“A lot of bed bugs:”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

As I entered the room there was that smell, so I decided to do some bed search, was not surprised at all. Anyway, I noticed the place was sprayed; that was the smell I detected along with the bugs. There were bug pea and stains all on the mattress and box spring, but the best part was I caught a live bug the next day which I told the house keeper and showed her my arms and face with bug bites; also had our suitcases tied up in plastic bags so we would not take these creatures with us. By the way, do not bother to complain to management, they just blow you off. You have choices, take your bites or leave. They don't give a damn and try to tell you they'll be there to check it out: hah, long wait, never show up

Room Tip: Are you kidding me
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I wish I had read the reviews on this place before making a reservation. There are tons of bed bugs at this place and the management had the nerve to tell us that they are simply a nuisance and not a health risk.

I asked for a refund for one night because my mother was bitten so badly. Of course, they refused to give us one.

You've been warned, pay the extra $15 per night at another motel/hotel and avoid bringing these pesky creatures back to your home.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this property....lots of bed bugs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vernon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here because it was a handy stop on the way to the Keys. Will not stay here ever again. Run down and shabby. Room reeked of air conditioner odor. Don't leave door open - you don't want to see what wanders in. I definately don't recommend this motel - cheap does not mean dingy & smelly! I have stayed at alot of Motel 6 places and they are usually clean, nice and very plain but this was by far the worst.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Grimsby, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is on the shabby side and the bonus is that the staff have no problem giving you a room that is infested with bed bugs. Don't go there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
atlantic beach,fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed here here the end of nov.,2011. rented a room, paid FULL price. I got a room that had been pre rented. used sheets, no soap, etc.
the people at desk are unable to tell you how to get to the motel. they have no idea where they are, how they got to work, or even the street they are on!!!!!
do not go to this motel. on top of all that, the tv didn't even work. when I told the desk I wanted another room, the person who could speak english minutes before, could not now speak english.

Room Tip: well, choose another place!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

On the plus side, the armed security is nice when you are getting back to the motel at 1 am. We had no security issues. Beds and pillows were comfortable. The sheets were really nice.

We too had service problems like drgeenthumb2. We stayed for 19 days during the Dade County Fair and had to ask for room service. We were on a limited service schedule but it became less than promised. Had to ask for service twice. The first time they did clean the room. The second time, nothing happened.

We also had problems with noisy guests making noise at all hours of the night. I guess some people do not have manner about being quiet while other people are trying to sleep. Our room was by an elevator and that is the worst place to be for peace and quite. People seem to always have to talk while waiting for the elevator, even if it is 3 am.

The outside clean up for parking lot and public areas was lacking. They do not seem to have a regular system for cleaning the public areas.

The carpet in our room was old and filthy. I did see that they were doing remodeling to some of the rooms and there was old carpet and mattresses in the dumpster, so maybe they are working on that.

It was the most reasonable priced hotel in the area and that was the main reason for the stay. I will go back, but I do hope they make some improvements. The property was a very nice hotel in its day and still has potential. Landscaping is pretty.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevators. People talk at the elevator at all hours of the day and night...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have stayed here for 10nights during the Spring Break of 2012 due to not able to afford the extraordinary price of Miami area. I knew that during long term stays, the rooms will not be serviced daily or at least receive minimum cleaning. But after the third night, I complained to the front desk that they had forgotten to clean my room ( I dont expect linens to be replaced but at least clean my trash and place new soap). The front desk lady told me that she would "write that in" (i.e. memo). The following day, nothing was one again and complained to the front desk lady explaining that I had been staying there already for 5days and needed my trash cleaned and new soap. She told me that he would "write that in". I told her that this is becoming like a broken record. The following day, you guessed it, nothing was done! I also experience the key card not functioning daily and that wanted to complain in person at the front desk. Again, I was told, the there is no housekeeper (during 11pm) and that she would "write that in".

I get up daily at 630am and leave the motel and come back at 11pm. Its dissapointing that after a very long day, I had to spend more energy complaining of not having my trash and NO new soap on my room!

After my 3rd attempt to complain, I asked for the manager (his/her name) but was told he was not there. I was given new SOAP this time because I was complaining in person at the front desk together with another woman complaining of paying for the internet for 3 days but never worked ( I also purchased the worthless internet but decided to go to McDonald-just adjacent to this motel6).

Tony, the manager, never addressed this issue on my entire stay of 10nights! The trash? I emptied it myself because I could not stand looking at so much trash after the 5th day! I am also filing a complain to motel 6 since this far below than expectation compared to numerous motel6's we've every stayed.

Room Tip: dont purchase internet and consider miami traffic when commuting around town. IF you plan to visit e...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017? Share your experiences!