“For the Price You Get What You Get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017

You added Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10775 Caribbean Blvd, Cutler Ridge, FL 33189 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cutler Ridge
Kissimmee, Florida
“For the Price You Get What You Get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

On the plus side, the armed security is nice when you are getting back to the motel at 1 am. We had no security issues. Beds and pillows were comfortable. The sheets were really nice.

We too had service problems like drgeenthumb2. We stayed for 19 days during the Dade County Fair and had to ask for room service. We were on a limited service schedule but it became less than promised. Had to ask for service twice. The first time they did clean the room. The second time, nothing happened.

We also had problems with noisy guests making noise at all hours of the night. I guess some people do not have manner about being quiet while other people are trying to sleep. Our room was by an elevator and that is the worst place to be for peace and quite. People seem to always have to talk while waiting for the elevator, even if it is 3 am.

The outside clean up for parking lot and public areas was lacking. They do not seem to have a regular system for cleaning the public areas.

The carpet in our room was old and filthy. I did see that they were doing remodeling to some of the rooms and there was old carpet and mattresses in the dumpster, so maybe they are working on that.

It was the most reasonable priced hotel in the area and that was the main reason for the stay. I will go back, but I do hope they make some improvements. The property was a very nice hotel in its day and still has potential. Landscaping is pretty.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevators. People talk at the elevator at all hours of the day and night...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have stayed here for 10nights during the Spring Break of 2012 due to not able to afford the extraordinary price of Miami area. I knew that during long term stays, the rooms will not be serviced daily or at least receive minimum cleaning. But after the third night, I complained to the front desk that they had forgotten to clean my room ( I dont expect linens to be replaced but at least clean my trash and place new soap). The front desk lady told me that she would "write that in" (i.e. memo). The following day, nothing was one again and complained to the front desk lady explaining that I had been staying there already for 5days and needed my trash cleaned and new soap. She told me that he would "write that in". I told her that this is becoming like a broken record. The following day, you guessed it, nothing was done! I also experience the key card not functioning daily and that wanted to complain in person at the front desk. Again, I was told, the there is no housekeeper (during 11pm) and that she would "write that in".

I get up daily at 630am and leave the motel and come back at 11pm. Its dissapointing that after a very long day, I had to spend more energy complaining of not having my trash and NO new soap on my room!

After my 3rd attempt to complain, I asked for the manager (his/her name) but was told he was not there. I was given new SOAP this time because I was complaining in person at the front desk together with another woman complaining of paying for the internet for 3 days but never worked ( I also purchased the worthless internet but decided to go to McDonald-just adjacent to this motel6).

Tony, the manager, never addressed this issue on my entire stay of 10nights! The trash? I emptied it myself because I could not stand looking at so much trash after the 5th day! I am also filing a complain to motel 6 since this far below than expectation compared to numerous motel6's we've every stayed.

Room Tip: dont purchase internet and consider miami traffic when commuting around town. IF you plan to visit e...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ocoee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was my first time staying in the cutler bay area and I must say this motel 6 was ok the rooms were spacious and clean. But what I didnt like was the elevators were pretty old and dirty looking and took a while to get to the floors. Also when my daughter went to go swiming I notice that there was some debris in the pool after looking around for a pool skimmer I decided to go in and ask if they had one. I was told that the engineering man had one but was not around which kinda sucked!! But all in all it was a good location and the little issues they have can be overlooked if you are on the go.

Room Tip: stay on the top floor on the back side of the hotel at least you will have something to look out at
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Satellite Beach, florida USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed 2 weekend nights here-got room on the top floor facing the mall-Room#605. Micro/Fridge, two beds-sunset view! No complaints-AC was quiet/worked great-elevators are still slow and creepy, but they got new marble floors! Sandra at the front desk as very nice-she's Cape Verdean and speaks Portuguese-so cool! Tony, the manager was also helpul. Weekend rates are a bit higher-we paid $78.00 a night(AARP rate). Shoppers-Go to T.J. Maxx across the street, and Ross-great buys!

Room Tip: Top floor-sunset views-
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I'm a fan of Motel 6 from way back. But this hotel is old and dirty in many places. The carpet in my room was stained and soiled. The elevator was grubby and in poor repair (some indicator lights not working, loose panels). And the elevator was VERY slow, so much so that you really want to carry all your stuff to your room in one trip, because it would consume considerable time to take the elevator a second time.

As to be expected for a Motel 6, there was no Kleenex in the room, and no breakfast in the morning. There was coffee available in the lobby, though. Internet was available for $3/day and it worked well.

What I liked about this place was that the price was low and honest (you knew exactly what you would be charged), the phone was free, and the staff was friendly.

Also, it was in a good location for me.

It's hard to find a decent low-cost hotel in the Miami area. This one suffices (more or less).

I was happy to move on, though.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

At about 25 minutes up to the north of Homestead. The staff told you not to go out. It is nearly safe. Nothing to do in the neighboorhood, you ve got to avoid cutler bay at any price. however The room are clean, but not really isolated. because of a huge window with curtains. I did not feel really safe there. And it is too expensive for what it is worth. I was really unsatisfied about the motel 6.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I booked the hotel mainly because of the good reviews, but a little scared of not being what expected because hotels with low prices in the great Miami area are hard to get by.
I agree with the reviews: friendly staff, comfy beds, good showers. No breakfast, only coffee but you can buy food at the markets nearby and store it in the fridge or use the microwave. I didn't get to use the pool so I cannot comment about it. There seemed to be some shady characters who were noisy but we only saw them inside the elevator.
The rooms facing the turnpike are somewhat noisy, but on my second day (booked one more day) I asked for a different room, at the opposite side.
I had no issues with transportation as I rented a car. They offer free parking and it is huge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the turnpike.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Cutler Bay #2017? Share your experiences!