“Not worth a trip. No #1!” 2 of 5 stars

(305) 233-1227
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Not worth a trip. No #1!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Do not waste your time. Brisket was gristly. No flavor in sauce. If this is miami's best bbq - dirty storefront by the way, not very inviting - then i'll stick to grouper sa dwiches and stone crabs. So dirty and greasy, chairs slide all over floors when you sit down. I thought it was a new disney ride.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Rare food gem in cutler bay! Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Great Place...love the $50 bbq sampler..enough to feed 8 hungry people....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Surprisingly decent BBQ in a stripmall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I am a BBQ snob and have passed this place at least a hundred times. Its unassuming because it’s in a strip mall and you cannot smell smoke outside at all. Its very clean and neat from the outside and looks more like a takeout pizza place. I read a lot of good reviews and someone from a local food supplier said they were really good so I gave a chance. The second you walk in the door you can see that they have invested in two things. Good commercial smokers and a great exhaust system cause this place smells great on the inside. Here’s what I order and how I would rate it from 1-10
Half rack of ribs ($12)(it was a big halfrack too) They were good with a good smoke ring. The ribs were tender but a bit dry. If I remember right the ribs were served wet and they have an unusual sauce. Its good but there is something in it you can’t place it. I like that because it means they have put some thought into their food and it’s not your garden variety sauce. 7.25
Brisket. I have heard people rave about brisket but I have never had it. Usually its dry and tough. This was the best I have ever had. It was really tender and had great flavor. It came with the sudo teriyaki sauce. It was better than the ribs 9.25
3 kinds of sauce. Couldn’t tell you exactly what they were because the girl at the counter didn’t say and it wasn’t written down but they are all very different and all made there. The Carolina which is usually a mustard vinegar sauce has been transformed with Dijon so it’s an interesting change. There is what seems to be their version of a teriyaki and a molasses based sauce. All are good. 9
Sides were
Baked beans, they are good but super spicy 5.5
Coleslaw, The most flavorless slaw ever 3
I also had their smoked tomato flatbread. 7.5
They have dine in or take out but there really isn’t any environment so I think take outs the way “to go”

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“BEST BARBECUE IN MIAMI - HANDS DOWN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Finally, finally, finally...After YEARS of looking for an EXCELLENT barbecue restaurant (not 'ho-hum' and ordinary, but EXCELLENT), my search has ended! The flavor of the smoked meat (I had baby back ribs) along with Harvey's special 'rub' and a light layer of Harvey's original bbq sauce created a PERFECT barbecue creation! Wow! I will be going often after my first visit yesterday. I had the potato salad and loved that, too... Platters come with a barbecue meat, side and garlic bread. There's only 3 tables in the restaurant, so you may want to take out (but I like to eat in). You'll probably have the opportunity to meet Harvey himself...as he's the one who served up the meal for us yesterday and rarely have I found a more courteous customer service mentality, bending over backwards to cater to patrons. BBQ LOVERS: THIS PLACE IS A MUST!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I love this place. My wife and i pick up...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I love this place. My wife and i pick up food from harveys at least once a week. Careful with their baby back ribs once you have them once you become addicted. The sloppy joe is very different from my recipe but it's a great sandwich to eat. As sides, aside from the great fries, my personal favorite is the homemade mac & cheese... Love the herbs they put on it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Harvey's Smokehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Harvey's Smokehouse BBQ, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.