“Bugs” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cutler Ridge
Dallas, United States
“Bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had to move rooms twice due to bugs. The first room had sugar ants all over the countertop, and the second room had large beetles scurrying into holes in the walls. In addition, on the 2nd floor, the room doors are 3 inches from the ground, leaving a large gap to the hallway. I didn't feel entirely secure.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn at Cutler Ridge for one night while passing through Miami into the Florida Keys. For a one-night stay at a standard inn, La Quinta stood up to the expectations.
I was anxious about the proximity of the property to Florida Turnpike, worrying if I would get a peaceful night of sleep, but was impressed with the sound insulation in my room. The room was clean and well maintained and the beds were comfortable.
Two things that made me uneasy were:
1. The hallways and corridors smelled of cigarette, which was an unpleasant welcome for someone with preference for non-smoking environments.
2. The parking lot was poorly lit at night; I drove into the inn after 11 PM and definitely wanted to secure all doors two times in the hope to see them unbroken the next morning. Though that may just be individual perception, the lighting in the lot can certainly be enhanced.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cutler Bay, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Needed a room because our house was being tented for termites. The room was cool, quite, nice bed with plenty of plush pillows. Got a good nights sleep and would use it again with no hesitation even if the area seemed a bit more commercial than we expected. The rooms where very quite at night and the Turn Pike just outside was not even a noise factor.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Wilmington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room was clean,affordable,however breakfast is lacking, and coffee is not very good. Overall for the money, not bad.A little far from Miami,not a good place if you have commute there, you will spend several hours in your car.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time at this hotel, I stayed there for one night for work, it was close to my sales call. Check in was friendly. Lobby clean and updated. Room wasn't big but big enough for me. New trendy decorating, nice bath, sink & big counter. Big desk for working, and ergonomic chair, for me this is important. Microwave and refrigerator, important because I bring my own food. I did like that the room had a ceiling fan. A/C typical, on and off, makes some noise but not bad. Ice maker on the floor was not working but the girl at the front desk cheerfully supplied me with ice. Internet was fast and easy. There was a shopping center right across the street but I didn't make it that far, too busy working. Comfy bed. Would have been nice to have more outlets that worked on the nightstand and even though the light on the desk had outlets, they didn't work. I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our first time at this La Quinta, and I know that we will stay here again since it is so close to the hospital.

This hotel has the best blackout shades I have come across. They are pulldown and have tracks that keep them in place and keep the daylight out. If you want more blackout power, there is a roman shade that can be lowered over the original shade. It does such a great job that we almost slept thru the breakfast hours. There is also a ceiling fan over the bed for more comfortable sleeping, The bed pillows were wonderfully soft and comfortable, as was the chair in the room. There was even a lamp next to the chair for my crocheting comfort. The breakfast area is clean and there were enough tables and chairs for the guests to have a comfortable breakfast of waffles and cereal.

Now for my pet peeve...I hate the bathroom setup! The sink is in the hallway and there is no outlet in the toilet section for a nightlight. That means that I have to leave the door open if I have to use the facilities in the middle of the night...not optimal for a modest person. The other alternative is to use the facilities in the pitch dark...also not optimal. Whoever thought of this idea should be hung by his/her thumbs from the nearest yardarm. There is no way to shield the sleeping area from the light in the sink area, so sleepers are awaken each time the sink needs to be used. Not fair to the others in the family.

Again, we had no luggage racks, so we had to put the suitcases on the dresser and desk side table. I could not use my laptop on the desk because neither of the outlets on the lamp base were working. There was only one available outlet where I had plugged in my phone for charging and I had to swap out plugs to charge the laptop. You would think that there would be more outlets available since we are now in such an electronic based world.

As I said, I know we will stay here again. The hotel staff is friendly and very helpful, and the location is close to Jackson South hospital (only about 4 miles away). There are also several grocery stores and other shopping areas close by.

Room Tip: The elevator is extremely slow, so if you are the impatient sort, you might want to ask for a first...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

OK, the place is old. The elevators are sloooooow and the vending machines are.. well... not on every floor even, but all in all the place was pretty nice. The rooms were really nicely decorated and very clean. The bathroom had odd shampoo and conditioner samples instead of the normal mini bottles, but that was a little thing that didnt really matter all that much. My biggest surprise was the room itself. Really nice. Really pretty. Really clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Cutler Ridge? Share your experiences!