“Clean and good location for us” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Cutler Ridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10821 Caribbean Blvd, Cutler Ridge, FL 33189   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Cutler Ridge
Marietta, Georgia
“Clean and good location for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our first time at this La Quinta, and I know that we will stay here again since it is so close to the hospital.

This hotel has the best blackout shades I have come across. They are pulldown and have tracks that keep them in place and keep the daylight out. If you want more blackout power, there is a roman shade that can be lowered over the original shade. It does such a great job that we almost slept thru the breakfast hours. There is also a ceiling fan over the bed for more comfortable sleeping, The bed pillows were wonderfully soft and comfortable, as was the chair in the room. There was even a lamp next to the chair for my crocheting comfort. The breakfast area is clean and there were enough tables and chairs for the guests to have a comfortable breakfast of waffles and cereal.

Now for my pet peeve...I hate the bathroom setup! The sink is in the hallway and there is no outlet in the toilet section for a nightlight. That means that I have to leave the door open if I have to use the facilities in the middle of the night...not optimal for a modest person. The other alternative is to use the facilities in the pitch dark...also not optimal. Whoever thought of this idea should be hung by his/her thumbs from the nearest yardarm. There is no way to shield the sleeping area from the light in the sink area, so sleepers are awaken each time the sink needs to be used. Not fair to the others in the family.

Again, we had no luggage racks, so we had to put the suitcases on the dresser and desk side table. I could not use my laptop on the desk because neither of the outlets on the lamp base were working. There was only one available outlet where I had plugged in my phone for charging and I had to swap out plugs to charge the laptop. You would think that there would be more outlets available since we are now in such an electronic based world.

As I said, I know we will stay here again. The hotel staff is friendly and very helpful, and the location is close to Jackson South hospital (only about 4 miles away). There are also several grocery stores and other shopping areas close by.

Room Tip: The elevator is extremely slow, so if you are the impatient sort, you might want to ask for a first...

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was the perfect stay for a family on a budget. Didn't have to sacrifice comfort or cleanliness to stay within our budget. About 30 mins from Miami. A lot of stores and restaurants near by. The hotel staff was very friendly. Only downside was there was only one ice machine working and the pool was very small, and very warm.

San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel seems to be lacking in continuous maintenance and upkeep. The carpet in the common areas, like the stairs and corridors have a very musty smell. My sons showed me cockroaches in the room that they stayed in.

Ponce, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is very accesible to the turnpike to where you want to go, malls, resturantes, US1 that takes you to other places if you don't want to take the turnpike. The only negative about it is the rugs they seem as it's been a long time since they were clean but I don't like rugs. The complimentary breakast is excellent, you do have to get early,since I'm a early bird I do not mind. The staff in general greet you with a smile and give you their time to help you in any way or concern about your needs during your stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great customer service, and excellent rate specially on a holiday on 4 of July. I would recommend this hotel for couples who just want to get away into a nice quite zone. It has a private pool which is accessible 24 hrs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for one night as a mid-point stop on our trip down to Key West from Orlando. The hotel was clean and convenient to the Florida turnpike. There is a mall across the street and a number of fast food and casual restaurants nearby. Our room was clean, the bed was comy, and the reception staff was friendly. We slept in a little, so we missed the morning breakfast that was included in the rate.

One negative that we noticed is that the parking lot is kind of dark in spots. We arrived after 10 pm and felt that the parking lot could use additional lighting.

All in all, the hotel served its purpose for an overnight stay. Would probably use this hotel again as the price was right.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Hi ,my stay at lq was very good and out if this world we really feel luke we were home.room was clean we didn't have to ask for towels or anything,ti be honest am coming back to Miami just to stay st the la quinta. I was really satisfied and will recommend them ti ooyr friend s and family. The colors was beautiful I am loving it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Cutler Ridge? Share your experiences!