“Second time, not better, worse” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Cutler Ridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10821 Caribbean Blvd, Cutler Ridge, FL 33189   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Cutler Ridge
Fort Lauderdale
“Second time, not better, worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here on August 9 and wrote a review stating I'd like to give the hotel a second chance. I did that and booked a room for November 9, 2013. There was a triathlon race nearby on November 10 and I knew hotels in the area booked up quickly so I reserved my room well in advance of race. I received a confirmation, which I printed and kept with my race stuff. I heard nothing from the hotel. On November 9, I went to the hotel at the afternoon check in time. There were hordes of people waiting to check in. Other athletes were being relegated to smoking rooms as the hotel was overbooked. I knew I reserved a nons-smoking room well in advance and confirmed my room with a credit card, so I was not worried. BIG MISTAKE. After waiting 30 minutes, the receptionist informed me that my reservation was cancelled. Apparantly the credit card I used months ago to reserve the hotel expired a couple of weeks before my stay. Apparantly it is corporate policy (so I was told) to unilaterally cancel the reservation when the credit card expires. How rediculous. I had a written confirmation of reservation from La Quinta. I confirmed in advance but instead of running my credit card per my authorization they cancelled my reservation. No email or call to me asking if I wanted the reservation cancelled. The staff would not allow me to make another reservation there since they were overbooked and I no longer had a valid reservation. I was told La Quinta does not guarantee reservations. They sent me to the Quality Inn down the road (another horror story and it did not work out). Bottom line, as previously reported, the staff at this La Quinta were nice. Whoever manages the place did an awful job as the place was horribly overbooked and the unilateral canceling of reservations is just an unacceptable corproate policy. Luckily for me, a friend offered me the extra bed at her Holiday Inn Express (a wonderful hotel) next to the Zoo and all worked out. Going forward, though, until there is a coporate retructuring, I will not stay at another La Quinta.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Miami can be a whole different culture altogether (meaning that things run at there own pace... especially traffic... ugh!)
As we arrived late and checked out early, we found the staff more than accommodating, even with good late night dinner recommendations.
Check-in and out was very easy and because it was a one night stay, we did not experience housekeeping but our room was clean and comfortable upon check it with all the towels and pillows we needed (usually with 3 people we have to ask for more of each but everyone was happy)
my only down was that the free breakfast did not start until 7 am and we needed to be out not long after that... we would have preferred to grab breakfast a bit earlier. We also realize that we are not the norm on a Sunday Morning and who can complain about free!! It was still good!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Titusville, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

At every turn, the staff went out of their way to make our stay more pleasant. Upon check in, we had a problem with the first room, right away without question, they gave us another room. We had a problem with the roll-away bed, they corrected it right away. We asked for extra blankets and pillows, they practically jumped to help us. Lyn who checked us in went "beyond the call of duty" to ensure our stay was pleasant and really took care of our every needs. Hats off to her and her staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am still in awe of the value of my recent stay. The price was right, the beds comfortable, and the desk staff very friendly. Even the showers were good. Above and beyond what I expected for the price. Only downfall was the hallways could use a little refreshing, but the room was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Barboursville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I believe the actual location is one of the bad aspects of this hotel, that along with the roof repair/construction taking place at the time of my stay is why I gave the rating I did instead of being higher. This is not the fault of the staff at all. I am sure they are coping as best as they can.
Now, about my experience. Actual entry to the hotel parking lot is a bit of a pain, having to make a u-turn when arriving from Rt.1. Check-in went flawless. Tonia the desk clerk at the time of check-in was fantastic. She is extremely efficient and knowledgeable, and has a FANTASTIC personality. If this hotel was to lose her, it would be a great loss as she know's how to make arriving guest feel "at home" and know's how to accomodate everyone.
My room was an Executive King. When I entered my room, it had that "empty room" sound. I later found out that the decor is borrowed decor from other hotels as the normal decor is being repaired/cleaned from the damage of roof collapse/wall damage, hence the reason for it being a bit sparce. The room was clean as was the bathroom. Bedding was clean and crisp with no staining or bad smells. My room had a microfridge which was also clean. I did not have the chance to partake of the breakfast offered, but never heard any other guest speak negative of it.
Overall, if I was back in the area I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation. The staff at this hotel definately made everything worthwhile. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler either for business of pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are probably quieter because of not facing the turnpike.